PDA

View Full Version : less than 6 months, the sunroof is broken already.

WRXchic
05-04-2006, 11:38 PM
I have been driving my car for less than 6 months. Last 2 weeks, I have problem with the sunroof.

Sometimes, when I roll open the sunroof, it won't close at all. Seem like there are some wiring issues that the sunroof switch is not working at all.
But after turn off the car and leave it open for a few hours, (yes, I have been parking around the city with my sunroof open, ( Thanks god, it wasn't raining), I am able to close it.
When I bring it back to the dealers, then there is nothing wrong with it..

Anyone has any clue what's wrong with it?
:banghead:

Pee_Sack
05-05-2006, 08:10 AM
assuming oyu have an 06, I would take it back to the dealship, tell them there is something wrong with the sunroof. Don't leave until they take a look at it.

Sharpie
05-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
assuming oyu have an 06, I would take it back to the dealship, tell them there is something wrong with the sunroof. Don't leave until they take a look at it.
Well she did take it and it worked when she brought it there. What do you want them to do wait for hours till it stops working??

heavyD
05-05-2006, 08:24 AM
If it periodically works it's probably bad wiring or a short. Ask them to check the wiring. Until you get it resolved I would keep the sunroof closed as I assume that you have AC. Parking around the city with the sunroof open all the time is playing the odds of bad things happening to your car either from mother nature or assholes & thieves.

Pee_Sack
05-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Well she did take it and it worked when she brought it there. What do you want them to do wait for hours till it stops working??

Holy shit buddy, did you forget to take your boyfriends dick outta your ass this morning?

Like HeavyD said it is probably a short in the wiring, if it was a good dealship they would take a look at the wiring, since it is all covered under warranty.

thinmyster
05-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack

Holy shit buddy, did you forget to take your boyfriends dick outta your ass this morning?

Like HeavyD said it is probably a short in the wiring, if it was a good dealship they would take a look at the wiring, since it is all covered under warranty.

haha if you didnt say it i probably would have! They should honor the warrenty and check it out until they've exhausted all possibilites. is this not what warrenties are for?

benyl
05-05-2006, 09:57 AM
You didn't actually expect to use your sun roof did you? ;)

That.Guy.S30
05-05-2006, 10:52 AM
and thats why we dont buy subaru's w/ sunroofs. we have enough problems as it is. dont need anymore headaches.

it is probably the wiring tho.

WRXchic
05-09-2006, 11:34 PM
I brought my car to the dealer 3 times already. Once, I dropped by when the sunroof was not working, but they couldn't look at it at that time because I don't have an appointment.
Twice, when I had an appointment, the sunroof is working fine.

I figure out it should be a short or wire problem. Probably when the motor for the sunroof is over-heat. Everytime it stop working, can't close, when it is a hot and sunny day and I am driving for at least 45 mins.

The dealer won't look at it again, until it stop work DURING regular service hours.

Nowadays, it is too cool outside for the sunroof to get over-heat.

When I get off work and drive for half an hour, the service department is usually closed. I will, Make an appointment, ask my brother to take my car and drive around the streets on a sunny day for an hour, until the sunroof is over-heat again, then try to take in service again.

Hopfully after wasted half tank of gas, they are able to find out the problem and fix it.

Sound crazy? :nut:
Any other ideas ??

Fuji
05-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Put a blowdryer to the roof

Aleks
05-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
and thats why we dont buy subaru's w/ sunroofs. we have enough problems as it is. dont need anymore headaches.

it is probably the wiring tho.

This is how I read you post.

"I love my Subaru they are great problem free cars. Any potential buyer should not worry too much..." :(

That.Guy.S30
05-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by WRXchic
I brought my car to the dealer 3 times already.

what dealership do you bring it to? switch dealerships, your car has warrenty and tell them to look at it.

Originally posted by Aleks

"I love my Subaru they are great problem free cars. Any potential buyer should not worry too much..." :(

i wish lol.
what you do find in a subaru is a deep love/hate relationship lol.
plus, who needs a sunroof when you can have a spec c roof vent!!

Fuji
05-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Werd... every car has problems. It wouldn't be so bad if Subaru actually fixed them under warranty like you expect when you buy a new car.