PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaner?

teggypimp95
05-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Whats the best wheel cleaner out there? for getting dirt and brake dust off? I want the kind of stuff that you spray on, let soak and hose off. what have you guys used out there and what do u feel works the best?

RiceCake
05-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Personally I find the Rain X wheel protector stuff works pretty good in keeping brake dust off between washes...

For cleaning purposes I usually us the Simoniz wheel cleaner and a tire/wheel brush to scrub off crap before I wash.

1-Bar
05-05-2006, 10:49 AM
I have used Meguires Hot Wheelz wheel cleaner, works great...spray on, rinse off. It gets most of the grime off....I also have P21S wheel cleaner that I have yet to use, heard good things about that too, but its pretty pricey....

Inzane
05-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Whats the best wheel cleaner out there? for getting dirt and brake dust off? I want the kind of stuff that you spray on, let soak and hose off. what have you guys used out there and what do u feel works the best?

The best easily available wheel cleaner HANDS DOWN is Eagle One's A2Z Tire & Wheel Cleaner. It used to come in an orange bottle but I think its been relabeled in a blue bottle now.

The A2Z handily beat ALL of Meguiar's wheel cleaners (and they have a lot) in the Guru Reports test publication that came out a couple years ago. The P21S Gel wheel cleaner was a notable runner up as well. (I have the P21S non-gel wheel cleaner, and its nice but fairly mild...)

Just so you know, there are NO wheel cleaners that are truly spray on and rinse off. At the very least you need to take a wash mitt to your wheel to clean it properly.

The great thing about proper wheel care is if you do everything properly you won't have to rely on a "wheel cleaner" product too often. Clean the crap out of your wheels and even claybar them, then apply protection (a good quality sealant is preferrable). Then subsequent washing becomes as easy as just regular carsoap and water.

:thumbsup:

Mitsu3000gt
05-09-2006, 02:00 PM
We have 2 german cars so they are big cars with big brakes and nothing accumulates brake dust much like a big german sedan. I just use meguiars wheel cleaner - I don't think any wheel cleaner will be spray on and hose off, but the meguiars stuff is spray on, rub in a bit, then spray/wipe off and it cleans perfect every time.

Then wax your rims or spray on some 303 Aerospace Protectant (best stuff ever for most surfaces) and brake dust will come off much easier next time.

Mark

phat97yukon
05-09-2006, 03:41 PM
grease lightning in the orange spray bottle... ive never had any other wheel cleaner work this good...