PDA

View Full Version : My First Subie

SubieLvr
05-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just signed up and thought I'd also mention that I am picking up my 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd. (Black) next week!!! My first Subaru....and I can't wait. What a sexy looking car.

My previous car (which I'm selling BTW) is a 1986 BMW 325e....so definitely a step up and into the world of new cars.

Just reading a few posts from LGT owners and I can't wait to mod this sexy creature when I get my hands on it.

-R

GQBalla
05-05-2006, 12:30 PM
nice car^^^^

those new legacys are sex on wheels!!!

joyridder
05-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Welcome to beyond!! be sure to post pics of your car!!

Aleks
05-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by SubieLvr
Hi Everyone,

Just signed up and thought I'd also mention that I am picking up my 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd. (Black) next week!!! My first Subaru....and I can't wait. What a sexy looking car.

My previous car (which I'm selling BTW) is a 1986 BMW 325e....so definitely a step up and into the world of new cars.

Just reading a few posts from LGT owners and I can't wait to mod this sexy creature when I get my hands on it.

-R

Congrats, did you buy from a dealer here or are you going to the States to get it?

rony_espana
05-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Nice Choice, one of my favorite Subarus :thumbsup:

SubieLvr
05-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Bought the car at Calgary Subaru.......Terry was the Salesman. Nice guy.....2 of my friends have bought thru him. (2003 LGT and 2003 WRX SportWagon)

Can't wait to pick it up.............:cry:

97GSR
05-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Congrats on the car, I bought almost the same one on the weekend (GT) So far I absolutely love it, lots of power and looks to match.
Still in the break-in period though...I can't wait to actually see what the car can do!

vincent-h
05-07-2006, 02:40 AM
terry is a great guy to work with tell him you saw vincent on beyond i know him personally. maybe he'll throw in some extras!

enjoy the subby!

were havinga meet on the 22/23 though the dyno is mostly full and i don't think u'd want to put you car on there maybe come for the cruise!

SubieLvr
05-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks Vincent.....I'll mention it to Terry when I pick up the LGT. :D AND I'm trying to convince the GF to come along to the check out the dyno on the 22/23.

PS - Has anyone had to deal with the Business Manager at Subaru Calgary........my experience has been less than satisfactory to say the least.
Sorry just had to vent.

- Please Refrain from using names of people. Thank you. - JAYMEZ_STi.

SubieLvr
06-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Just an update peeps.....my lgt ltd. finally arrived from Indiana (argh!!! - long story). Perhaps I'll tell it sometime.....anyway I'm wondering if anyone can comment on whether I should get the Platinum Protection Package. It includes:
- 3M protection on hood and side mirrors
- paint/leather protection
- undercoating protection
- tint on the back 5 windows

All this for one low price of $1499! Any thoughts peeps?????

max_boost
06-11-2006, 10:05 PM
^^^
WERD

I find most people get it done from the dealer out of convenience. Check out the sponsors on Beyond, they can provide you with those services as well.

I'm expecting to pick up my White 06 WRX this Tuesday/Wednesday from Calgary Subaru. I've been really impressed on how I've been treated by Bobby Clarke (sales) and Wayne (finance manager). Now I'm glad Chris just happened to be out of the office when I went in to do the financing.

Oh yah, CONGRATS!!:thumbsup:

Aleks
06-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^^
Now I'm glad Chris just happened to be out of the office when I went in to do the financing.

how come? is there a story? :dunno:

max_boost
06-11-2006, 10:33 PM

PS - Has anyone had to deal with Chris Konanz the Business Manager at Subaru Calgary........my experience has been less than satisfactory to say the least. Words like 'arrogance' and 'prick' come to mind.

Sorry just had to vent.

Originally posted by Aleks

how come? is there a story? :dunno:

Aleks
06-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Oh sorry I guess I should have re read the whole thread.

SubieLvr
06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys,

I called Platinum Autodetailing to compare and they are way cheaper that Subaru.

Subaru Calgary ($1499) vs. Platinum ($650). :burnout: :burnout:

JAYMEZ
06-12-2006, 12:40 PM
650 is not a bad price at all!

xrayvsn
06-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys,

I called Platinum Autodetailing to compare and they are way cheaper that Subaru.

Subaru Calgary ($1499) vs. Platinum ($650). :burnout: :burnout:

Let me know how it goes with Platinum. I also have a new Subaru that needs 3M and undercoating. ;)

CrvenaZvezda
06-12-2006, 11:30 PM
congrats man legacy is a very very sexxi car!!!

Aleks
06-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

Let me know how it goes with Platinum. I also have a new Subaru that needs 3M and undercoating. ;)

I did it within one week. I still got 2 little chips in that first week though. Get it done ASAP. I had my bumper, hood, mirrors, fenders and roofline done :clap:

SubieLvr
06-13-2006, 02:43 PM
For sure xrayvsn.....I'm getting a spoiler painted and installed first so it'll be a few days still, but once I get it done I'll be sure to post a message up for you guys.

-R

SubieLvr
07-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Picked it up last wednesday and dropped it off to Platinum Autodetailing.......Vince was the guy that helped me out. Got the new car package done and he charged me $450 + GST.

It looks so sweet and drives like a dream. We took it out for the longweekend and even though it's still in the break in period I definitely got a taste of the yet unleashed power under the hood.

I'll be posting pics when I download it from my camera. :D

So if you see a black LGT ltd. with a spoiler you know who just passed you :burnout:

-SubieLvr

vincent-h
07-04-2006, 04:38 PM
be sure to come to the edmonton dyno meet!

Aleks
07-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by vincent-h
be sure to come to the edmonton dyno meet!

out of curiosity how ofter do the PDX guys come out?