PDA

View Full Version : Telemarketers/Annoying Phone Calls

nismodrifter
05-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I've been getting like 3 phone calls a day from various telemarketers and/or the blank phone call with no answer on the other end to check if you are home during that time.

Usually I F with these people by playing music or something but now I noticed another "scheme/trick" that these SOB's are using.

I get a call today asking for my dad (using his first name...not the full name like most telemarketers do), I ask who is calling knowing that it could very well be a telemarketer and caller ID said Unknown Name. He gives me his name "Quentin" or "Quinn" or some shit like that and it sounds like he is talking from a cell phone. I think ok...it sounds important. Dood sounds like he is out of breath/pissed off/in a rush.

I give the phone to my dad and then this Quentin/Quinn dood asks if "Jenny" is home. WTF???????

My dad tells me what happens and then I realize that the fing Jenny name is familiar. 2 days ago I got a call from somebody asking for a "Jenny", I told them they had the wrong number and they hung up. Sounds like another way of checking if you are home or not.

Anybody else getting this bullshit lately?

shawtie
05-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I get wrong numbers ALL the time, so annoying

GQBalla
05-05-2006, 02:59 PM

how did they know your dads first name than?

and whose jenny? someone that lives with you?

nismodrifter
05-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Exactly....why the F did they use my dad's name first....and then once I give him the phone they ask for Jenny. That shit is F'd up.

There is no Jenny that lives in my house. Unless of course my brother's name is really like Jennydeeppreet Singh :D

My dad phoned the number back and it is some kids that picked up. WTF??? The shit makes no sense. They asked for my dad first (and my dad has an East Indian first name...not a "mike or jon or bill" or something) and then asked for Jenny. After asking them why the F they called here they said they were looking for Jenny. WTF?

:nut:

shawtie
05-05-2006, 03:05 PM
thats so weird!

GQBalla
05-05-2006, 03:09 PM
........you have a crazy stalker...

topmade
05-05-2006, 03:10 PM
With stupid telemarketers I will say that this is a business line they are calling on and to take the number off their list asap. With the ones that you hear music once you pick up, hit # like 10 times or so then hang up and and they will think it's a messed up number on their system.

Who the hell is Jenny? that sounds more like a prank then a telemarketer if they knew your dads first name. Or maybe Jenny is some hot chic that is giving guys who hit on her a random number to get them off her back??

shawtie
05-05-2006, 03:17 PM
with mine its always wrong numbers, and none of them speak english so its like i answer say hello, and then i dont understand a single word, then say ok fine bye, they call back still dont understand them so its bye again then they call back AGAIN and i get pissed off and yell at them ...then they usually dont call back for a day or 2.

had people call here asking if this was the bank of montreal ..... had quite a few of these calls.

and then those survey people that call..."no I dont have time to do a survey" well is there a time i can call back when you can do it? " no, fuck off"

Im so ready to get a new number!!

Xtrema
05-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Crooks drives around for houses that has no alarms. Calls and see if nobody answers break it and steal shit.

Do you have an alram sign in the front lawn?

motion
05-05-2006, 05:29 PM
careful buddy jenny is coming for you now.
it's a curse some phone cults use these days. she appears at the end of your bed begging for a good poundin...

you succumb and contract herpes.
gg.

Toms-SC
05-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Ask to be added to the no call list.

Ekliptix
05-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Tell the telemarketers that you have to get the owner of the house and just leave the phone sitting there and go watch tv or something.

muse017
05-05-2006, 10:02 PM
It was actually happening on my gf's cell phone. The guy keeps calling her number and looking jeena or something.
She got at least 20 calls from the guy. I even talked to him a couple times and said that you called the wrong number. I didn't even know it is type of telemarketing. Just so annoying.

Alex_FORD
05-05-2006, 10:17 PM
thats freaky! I used to get those same calls for jenny all the time.

but then one day, I gave them a random number from the phone book, what's your dad's name? because I'm pretty sure that I gave them an ethnic name.

R!zz0
05-05-2006, 10:23 PM
I get calls from "Pinnacle" and other stupid companies asking me if i wanna sell my place. I think i got about 7-10 calls so far since Feb. But they don't seem to understand the words "NO, I don't want to sell my place Don't F-king call back and ask me again"

urbannomad
05-06-2006, 12:09 AM
oh man! i get these phone company ppl calling me at like 7-8 in the night..

there was this one phone call.....The guy introduced himself as

"Tim Thomas" but he had like the thickest indian accent :rofl: :rofl: i shouild know, im pakistani :thumbsup:

and right there i just started laughing, and he said

Is everything ok sir? and i was like yeah yeah, keep on going.

and so he went on and then i waited for like 10 seconds and i said no.

It just shattered him inside.
i could feel it, the way he stuttered, where every apostrophe would've been while he was reading it off the telemarketing manual.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ajay
05-06-2006, 04:15 PM
They call my home phone a decent amount of times but my parents have some crazy distinct ring tone that tells them when it's a telemarketer or if it's a blocked number.

Everyone that knows me calls me on my cell phone and since I've had this number for well over 5 years I've only be harassed by a telemarketer once which was pretty recently. He wanted to sell me some insurance on a credit card I have that I never use.