PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Chicago

ProjectR
05-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone has ever partied/been in Chicago, I'm heading there for a business trip and was wondering about the night-life, sights, food, etc.

wesseam
05-05-2006, 04:15 PM
the grad lux (spelling may be worng) has amazing food, i went to chicago for 10days in december, mostly shopped and ate, did not hit up any clubs. i stayed with a cousin who lived near the magnificent mile, there was a bunch of great resturants around there. also for some good pizza go to uno.

urbannomad
05-06-2006, 12:49 AM
head down to navy pier! the docks bascially. there is always something going down there. got to see the barenaked ladies live, and free of charge when they were the shiznit.
they also have a fireworks display there everyweekend i believe. try to go to the bulls arena, a buddy of mine got to meet MJ:eek: he was just walking around chilling at the arena, and got his autograph!:eek: Chi-town is so fucking huge man, and you gotta explore it!

oh and btw, if you're brown or jewish....head down to Devon (DEV-ON) road:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: good times.

bluetek
05-06-2006, 01:51 AM
Your gunna absoloutly love this city. Ive been there a couple of times during the the past couple summers. When i was there it was so hot there were a bunch of heat warning effects (was like 120f). Anyway we rented a car down there and parked just outside of downtown by the piers (was the one near solider field, mueseum, planeterium). Once we parked, we found out that there is a free tolley ride that pretty much travels throughout the downtown. We started off on the red trolley and got to see union station, the water tower, got to ride on the big ferris wheel(navy pier?), the infamous chicago theatre and to see the other beautiful sights of chicago. There are bridges and a river that divides the downtown, which i found pretty cool.

It was great we got to see solider field home of the chicago bears, us cellular field (white sox), and was lucky enough to catch a game at the historic wrigley field to see the cubs play(cubbies vs. cards). The city is an overall great city. It located on Lake Michigan and has a big great beach where you can play volleyball and go swimming!!. Food is great. You gotta try some real chicago deep dish pizza. Shopping is fantastic, you will find alot of nice and unique stores! Alot better prices for clothes and that sort of stuff than you will find in canada.

We stayed at the Marriott right by O'hare international. It was a very very nice hotel. It was about 300us/night, and had everything we could possibly need. very clean luxury hotel w/resteraunt(harvest grill) with great food, nice pool, workout room, and the actual room was very big and exceeded our expectations.

All in all, I can't say enough good things about this city. I loved it. Definitely recommended as its one of my favourite city's in the world. Very clean city, very cultural, and has plenty to do. I love Chicago. Just talking about it makes me want to go back!!!!!

p.s-if you go to the pier by soldier field, you can get amazing shots of lake michigan with the chicago skyline in the background. Just unbelievable. Also, i have a bunch of pics from when i've travelled there. PM when you're going and maybe i can send some of them to you to show you how beautiful chicago is. :)