PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy unlocked/unbranded phones?

bituerbo
05-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey, I threw this topic in here as people who frequently buy/sell phones would more than likely have the most reliable answer.

Is there anywhere local in Calgary that sells unlocked/unbranded phones? Usually these places would sell them cheaper than any retail outlet would, and can offer some sweet deals, and can also offer phones you wouldn't normally find at a carrier.

Please reply if you know of anywhere, Thanks.

dj_rice
05-06-2006, 11:56 AM
I dunno about unbranded but theres a store in New Asia, the Asian Fido store that carries cells that the Caucasian Fido stores dont carry

Weapon_R
05-06-2006, 11:58 AM
www.unipage.ca is Calgary based. I find them pricier than the competiton.

Omegacell sucks too, they price their stuff sometimes double their competitors.

Check out puremobile.ca if you want Canadian sellers. They usually have some good deals. If you don't mind the wait, try myworldphne.com. I bought a couple phones from them and they are fast and their prices are amazing.

Tigerdirect.ca has some great deals too, but a lot of them require you to file a mail-in-rebate. Some members have complained that they've never gotten their rebate.

EZTop
05-06-2006, 01:00 PM
umm theres a place located in MTL its called celsium 55 or something like that, but i cant find their site. Anyone know? the guys name there is Brandon.

GQBalla
05-06-2006, 10:11 PM
theres a place in market mall that sells imported phones.
its juss across from jacob in the new section.

pretty nice people i was looking at phones and the guy there told me he was from vancouver and they are a fido deal too, but are expanding across canada or somethings.

mb3k
05-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
theres a place in market mall that sells imported phones.
its juss across from jacob in the new section.

pretty nice people i was looking at phones and the guy there told me he was from vancouver and they are a fido deal too, but are expanding across canada or somethings.
The phones are very expensive there, around $700

Xtrema
05-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by mb3k

The phones are very expensive there, around $700

Unlocked phone generally are since they are not subsidized by phone plans. You wanna play, you gotta pay.

GQBalla
05-08-2006, 01:10 PM
true true ^ or order off ebay.

cujo_cjc
05-08-2006, 03:40 PM
i ordered my se t630 before from www.omegacell.com
its actually based in edmonton and they always have new phones in stock :thumbsup:

shakalaka
05-08-2006, 03:45 PM
There is a T Dot based website I think its www.easycell.ca

Never bought personally anything from them, but I have kinda heard both good and bad things about them.

V6-BoI
05-08-2006, 03:58 PM
I ordered a phone off www.expansys.ca, and they are pretty reliable

Xtrema
05-08-2006, 04:12 PM
http://www.expansys.ca/product.asp?code=119353

This is one BAD boy.