PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Leak?

SteveMo600
05-07-2006, 12:42 AM
I was driving home tonight and my car was making a weird noise. It sounded like I had a ricer exhaust but clearly...I don't.

I parked the car and took a look underneath and the deep noise is definitely coming from the undercarriage of the car. It's more evident as I rev the engine rather than at idle.

Just wondering, can anybody give me an idea as to what's wrong? I am supposed to drive to Edmonton tomorrow afternoon and am wondering if I should hold off or just drive up and deal with it there.

Any help is much appreciated? I'm no mechanic and was hoping for some wisdom from the guys who know wtf they're talking about on the board.

Much appreciated and thanks in advance for any help!

cman
05-07-2006, 12:53 AM
start at your muffler and follow the piping back. Look for rust, holes, cracks or a combo of all three.

Lanks
05-07-2006, 02:39 AM
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago... it was a hole in a joint after the cat...

schurchill39
05-07-2006, 10:57 PM
If its just in the piping and not up by the engine i would think you would be ok to drive to edmonton and deal with it there. Then again I have never had an exaust leak but if its in the piping or by the cat/muffler I dont see why you couldnt.:dunno:

SilverBoost
05-08-2006, 01:58 PM
As long as stuff isn't hanging off or you aren't getting any smell of exhaust in the cabin then you shoudl be fine. I have a small pinhole on my Jimmy's exhaust and you can see it in the mornign when condensation builds up... it drips a little out of the center part of the truck. The exhaust note is a little more grumbly, but certainly not loud, and I'm not too concerned with rushing it to muffler place.

SteveMo600
05-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the input guys but infortunately as I was heading out of Calgary, the piping just fuckin snapped on deerfoot. :banghead:

What can ya do?!?!