PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Ppl Over-Price Their Honda's?

Pages : [1] 2

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-30-2003, 03:57 PM
What's up with some people thinking their Honda's are Ferrari's? :dunno:

Like in February I came across some guy in Westhill's who was selling his 82 Lude for 5 grand..all it had was rims, paint job and a deck

szw
03-30-2003, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't you try to get more money if you could?

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-30-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by szw
Wouldn't you try to get more money if you could?

yah..what the car is worth..but 5 grand for an 82?? thast like ripping people off

hjr
Its only a rip off if somebody buys it. I really doubt that car sold. Its just the honda hype.

Weapon_R
Cause they are good fucking cars, and their price reflects this.

lammer
03-30-2003, 04:03 PM
sorry it aint no chrysler mini van buddy.
but honda, acura, toyota, volkswagon hold high resale

hjr
03-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Plus, honda has a hype about it. If you own a civic, you might as well own a Supra, cause thats the hype. Of course this really ownly applies to folks unlike ourselves, who dont understand the true averageness of the civic. Now im not sayin that all civics suck, just most of them. They are the same as Corolla's, Golf's, Sentra's, ETC. These cars suck as well, but they just dont have the hype, so its more generally recognised.

EDIT: i thoght id add, that im talking about these cars in general. Like what is most commonly on the streets (base models).

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by lammer
sorry it aint no chrysler mini van buddy.
but honda, acura, toyota, volkswagon hold high resale

i agree they are good cars..but paying 10 grand for a 10 yr old car? or 5 grand for a 20 yr old car??

szw
03-30-2003, 04:06 PM
If the price is really too high, nobody will buy it and the price will eventually come down.

If someone does buy it, then good for both of them.

Complaining on the internet isn't going to get people to lower their asking prices.

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by szw
If the price is really too high, nobody will buy it and the price will eventually come down.

If someone does buy it, then good for both of them.

Complaining on the internet isn't going to get people to lower their asking prices.

yah they will go down..but im not complaining here..im just asking why some people would ask 5 grand for a 20 year old car?

szw
03-30-2003, 04:14 PM
In case soemone really wants the car and will pay for it.

You always start with a really high price and take offers. That's how it always is.

SI-vic
03-30-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa

Like in February I came across some guy in Westhill's who was selling his 82 Lude for 5 grand..all it had was rims, paint job and a deck

Why are you complaining on the net....
if you dont like the price, then offer him something, if its still too high then forget about it and dont buy it.
simple as that.

hjr
03-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic

Why are you complaining on the net....
if you dont like the price, then offer him something, if its still too high then forget about it and dont buy it.
simple as that.

its an observation. I dont think anybody here wants an 82 lude. Ewwww.

Lo)2enz0
03-30-2003, 04:41 PM
my buddy just bought a 84 lude for $800. buts it's falling apart.

Well as a buyer your the one who decides if that is what you want. crap I paid $6000 for my 1990 240sx. just needs some touch up paint and a few rust spots fixed and the car is in perfect condition. But if you have a problem with what someone is asking for, look for a different one, its that simple.

Laurier

Hollywood
03-30-2003, 04:52 PM
EDIT: The third post that my brother posed as me. Again, Again please disregaurd.

three.eighteen.
03-30-2003, 05:01 PM

i agree they are good cars..but paying 10 grand for a 10 yr old car? or 5 grand for a 20 yr old car??

hey...i paid ~10k for a 10 year old car....

hjr
03-30-2003, 05:46 PM
Ya, but a beamer has a bit more prestige than a shitty old lude. :thumbsup:

MOMO CiViC
03-30-2003, 06:00 PM
its so funny to see people bitch just becasue hondas are awsome cars and they unfortunatly can't get one

hjr
03-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by MOMO CiViC
its so funny to see people bitch just becasue hondas are awsome cars and they unfortunatly can't get one

Thats a dumb comment. Honda's (contrary to popular belief) are not the shit, and i got another for you as well, the world is round, not flat.

But just read my other posts, i made it clear that though they are Ok cars, they do not live up to the hype when dealing with people who know what they are talking about. A 94 civic is not any better than a 94 golf or a 94 corolla (in general), it just 'got the hype'. BTW, if a honda is an AWSOME car, then pretty much every other import is as well.

RiCE-DaDDy
03-30-2003, 06:11 PM
lol i dont think its the civc hype, its just general pricing it high for reasons already mentioned. Civics are on the bottom of the food chain of cars or close to it, its really hard for me believe that some people can't see that.

GTS Jeff
03-30-2003, 07:51 PM
id sell my car for 15 grand if i could...

FiveFreshFish
03-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Perception is reality.

If the general population perceives that Hondas are better cars, then Honda resale prices will be inflated compared to other brands.

Phats
03-30-2003, 08:19 PM
meh, someone can charge whatever they wan't, someone just might be dumb enough to pay for it, you never know

THREE40SEVEN
03-30-2003, 08:46 PM
I've found that people ask unreasonable prices for some cars because they are trying to get what they've put into them.. I WISH that i could get what i've got into my ride :(

Ben
03-30-2003, 08:55 PM
whenever I see someone asking a brutally inflated price I tell them in a blunt and to the point manner.

max_boost
03-30-2003, 09:09 PM
It is not necessarily the price in the black book but it is the market value.....I mean if people are willing to pay $20K for a 93 Del Sol (10 years old, modded) then sure why not right??!

What about them old school classic cars? I swear they are like 50 years old but still fetched above original value? lol

04blackMAX
03-30-2003, 09:25 PM

hondas hold there value, for example a 1993-94 civic si coupe is going for about 8-10k depending on km....so is a 1993 bmw sedan.....most japanese cars are wicked for resale..and easy to sell....dunno why anyone buys domestic crap

gokuu
03-30-2003, 09:26 PM
I like and enjoy my 97 civic alot :) The civic is also canadas #1 selling car ( I think ? ) The next car I buy will also be a honda or a acura, because they are very good vehicles. I do not agree with people asking for too much for a car not worth that, but you don't have to buy it. :) It's also up to you what car you like, if you don't like the hondas or import cars, then buy an american car. :thumbsup:

Thats my 2 cents :clap:

shadowz
03-30-2003, 09:36 PM
Its because people are willing to pay say 10k+ for cars that are 10years old, that is why

No.not.again
03-30-2003, 10:31 PM
they do not live up to the hype when dealing with people who know what they are talking about. A 94 civic is not any better than a 94 golf or a 94 corolla (in general), it just 'got the hype'. BTW, if a honda is an AWSOME car, then pretty much every other import is as well.

dude, you gotta fill me in on this "hype" you're talkin' 'bout... there's no civic hype, is there? The only hype 'bout civics that I can think of is good resale value, good gas mileage and awesome realiability. If that's the "hype" you're talkin' 'bout then I would say the civic is doin' a damn good job carryin' this "hype" on it's shoulders. :rolleyes:

hkcivic2k2
03-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Its all about supply demand...

if people are willing to pay more (like shadowz said) you'll be able to sell ur car for more..

take a crx for example....they selll anywhere from a grand to close to 10g

FN49
03-30-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR

hondas hold there value, for example a 1993-94 civic si coupe is going for about 8-10k depending on km....so is a 1993 bmw sedan.....most japanese cars are wicked for resale..and easy to sell....dunno why anyone buys domestic crap

I drive older domestic autos because they are very comfortable and reliable. I am 6'5" and I find imports to be very small inside to the point of being uncomfortable. If the Japanese actually made a car that fit an average size man than MAYBE I would consider buying one.

On second thought I wouldn't.

Weapon_R
03-31-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by FN49

I drive older domestic autos because they are very comfortable and reliable. I am 6'5" and I find imports to be very small inside to the point of being uncomfortable. If the Japanese actually made a car that fit an average size man than MAYBE I would consider buying one.

On second thought I wouldn't.

Elaborate on this very informative and fine post.

Since when was 6' 5" an "average" sized man?
And why wouldn't you consider an import? Seriously

szw
03-31-2003, 12:05 AM
One thing that still bugs me is why civic SIRs are going for 23..25k

Seriously wtf is up with that? is that the rest of canada too or just alberta? cuz its not like that in the States is it?

RiceCake
03-31-2003, 12:13 AM
Most imports such as VW, Honda, Toyota will hold a good resale due to its records of reliablity.

If you find the prices too high, why not look into a domestic?

But 5G for a 82 lude is wrong...

04blackMAX
03-31-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by szw
One thing that still bugs me is why civic SIRs are going for 23..25k

Seriously wtf is up with that? is that the rest of canada too or just alberta? cuz its not like that in the States is it?

supply and demand, i paid less for my sir new.after driving it for 2 years if it was stock..i could almost get the same amount

FN49
03-31-2003, 12:23 AM
Like I said I do find imports to be very small inside compared to what I am used to driving. Granted, I have not sat in every make and model but the ones I have sat in don't have a lot of room compared to what I am used too. I wouldn't buy one for that reason alone. I like big cars not tiny econo boxes. I also think that they are overpriced. Once a vehicle has over 250 000 km I get rid of it (Most of the time). So reliability isn't as much of a consideration for me. People say that imports are much more reliable than domestics which I doubt but if it is true it doesn’t matter to me. Any POS should last 250 000 km if it is properly maintained, so the "extra" reliability of an import is not a consideration for me. Besides, nothing beats the sound of a V-8.

04blackMAX
03-31-2003, 12:25 AM
hahaha take a drive down deerfoot...tell me how many imports u see in the side with there hood up...i say 3 domestics today..and if you do see an import , its cause of a flat, probably from a domestic car falling apart.....ohh and if you see a domestic with 250km on it..its probably on its 3rd engine

Ever heard....U GET WHAT U PAY FOR.....

2003 chevy cavalier 11,995
2003 honda civic 18,995

Weapon_R
03-31-2003, 12:27 AM
Like I said I do find imports to be very small inside compared to what I am used to driving. Granted, I have not sat in every make and model but the ones I have sat in don't have a lot of room compared to what I am used too. I wouldn't buy one for that reason alone. I like big cars not tiny econo boxes. I also think that they are overpriced. Once a vehicle has over 250 000 km I get rid of it (Most of the time). So reliability isn't as much of a consideration for me. People say that imports are much more reliable than domestics which I doubt but if it is true it doesn’t matter to me. Any POS should last 250 000 km if it is properly maintained, so the "extra" reliability of an import is not a consideration for me. Besides, nothing beats the sound of a V-8.

Fair enough. Granted, imports are generally under powered and designed in Japan, which is the rationale for the smaller built cars.

Have you tried an Accord V6 or Camry V6. Not totally sluggish, beautiful vehicles, and lots of room (rivals many of the 6cyl domestic family rides).

redline_13000
03-31-2003, 12:29 AM
Besides, nothing beats the sound of a V-8.

:werd: :D

FN49
03-31-2003, 12:36 AM
hahaha take a drive down deerfoot...tell me how many imports u see in the side with there hood up...i say 3 domestics today..and if you do see an import , its cause of a flat, probably from a domestic car falling apart.....ohh and if you see a domestic with 250km on it..its probably on its 3rd engine

2003 honda civic 18,995

For your info my 85 F150 which I have owned for 13 years has over 300 000km on it with the ORIGINAL engine. It is badly rusted over the rear wheels but the body is good otherwise. If my truck was an import every body panel would have been plagued with rust. I own a Honda product and the engine blew up after 8 000 km so don't tell me about Japanese superiority cause I don't buy it!

hjr
03-31-2003, 12:44 AM
what i meant was that some fool in grade 11 gets a 91 civic si and they think they are the shite in their vtec racer. i know that the majority of US know this is crap, but folks who know shit about cars seem to think that a civic is the be all and end all of import speed. But maybe its just this way around where i live.

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-31-2003, 01:04 AM
yeah but some cars are worth the amount, though it doesnt look like it to some people... spending 20,000 on a (lets say a 90) crx in 1 year...and only selling it for only 12,000... that isnt resonable? considering it may have a 5 year old motor in it, new paint with all new body panels...

if you were selling it, get the most you can right?

SI-vic
03-31-2003, 01:26 AM

For your info my 85 F150 which I have owned for 13 years has over 300 000km on it with the ORIGINAL engine. It is badly rusted over the rear wheels but the body is good otherwise. If my truck was an import every body panel would have been plagued with rust. I own a Honda product and the engine blew up after 8 000 km so don't tell me about Japanese superiority cause I don't buy it!

So are you gonna make a judgement that domestics are more reliable then imports from having just this 1 experience?
Can you explain to me why it is that Imports are known to be more reliable then domestics??

T5_X
03-31-2003, 01:28 AM
LOL. What does a 98 SI go for? about 15 grand?

We got the 98 SE-R for 12,500 and I'll take one over and model of civic any day.

I don't know why people think resale value is so good. When I buy a car, I look hard for something I want so that I don't have to sell it in a couple years. If I can get a used car at a good price then sweet, fuck used cars with high resale.

kenny
03-31-2003, 03:27 AM
Why do people overprice their hondas? There is a VERY simple answer, because if SOMEONE will overpay, take advantage and overcharge! If I had a civic and someone wanted to pay like $45000 for it, you better believe I'll sell it for that much! :rofl:

FN49
03-31-2003, 08:31 AM

So are you gonna make a judgement that domestics are more reliable then imports from having just this 1 experience?
Can you explain to me why it is that Imports are known to be more reliable then domestics??

All I am saying is that I have had good luck with domestics so that is what I will stick with. Many people bash domestics with without having even owned one. Like I said if you keep a vehicle for 300 000km or more maybe imports are the way to go. The people that I know with imports have less than 250 000 km, and they are not any more reliable than the domestic autos I have owned. The domestic autos I own are 18, 24 and 33 years old and all have performed faithfully so why would I waste my time on something else?

James
03-31-2003, 09:58 AM

2003 honda civic 18,995

Exactly!

All I am saying is that I have had good luck with domestics so that is what I will stick with.

Makes Sense...... and alot of people have had good experiences with imports and not so good ones with domestics, so thier opinions will be opposite.....and thats that.
My Mom bought a Brand new Cavalier in '91, by the time she traded it in to the Dealership in around 97-98 she had replaced the Head gasket, a COMPLETE Engine( forget what went wrong) and 2 Tranny's, Thankfully most of This was done in the first 3-4 years when still covered under warranty. Just an example of typical Domestic "Qaulity" for ya.....When she traded it in (towed in with a cooked tranny mind you) they gave her $3000....thats some SWEET re-sale value!:rolleyes:

Most Older Imports can still fetch alot becuase they are Generally reliable desirable cars, the numbers speak for themselves.

mwmhong
03-31-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Why do people overprice their hondas? There is a VERY simple answer, because if SOMEONE will overpay, take advantage and overcharge! If I had a civic and someone wanted to pay like $45000 for it, you better believe I'll sell it for that much! :rofl:

"the price you can yield is the price that you field." :thumbsup:

Simple as that.

LUDELVR
03-31-2003, 11:27 AM

Hey man, my car is worth 85,000!!!! Yen that is!!:thumbsdow :rofl:

GTS Jeff
03-31-2003, 01:26 PM

All I am saying is that I have had good luck with domestics so that is what I will stick with. Many people bash domestics with without having even owned one. Like I said if you keep a vehicle for 300 000km or more maybe imports are the way to go. The people that I know with imports have less than 250 000 km, and they are not any more reliable than the domestic autos I have owned. The domestic autos I own are 18, 24 and 33 years old and all have performed faithfully so why would I waste my time on something else? dude, i trust consumer reports and jd power way more than your own or my own petty experiences, which mean absolutely nothing.

max_boost
03-31-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Hey man, my car is worth 85,000!!!! Yen that is!!:thumbsdow :rofl: haha that's the spirit man! :thumbsup:

ConVict
03-31-2003, 02:33 PM

:banghead: Hondas on average are reliable cars, not much else! They are not the best handling import company ( mazda ) they are not the best priced import, they are not a fast import company, they offer nothing but AVERAGE everything. Just because young teenaged kids can afford them, and then people who use YOU for money decide to make after market parts for dumb kids with to much money to spend. Does not make them AWESOME cars in anymeans. Dont be so ignorant because you own one :dunno:

Fuji
03-31-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by ConVict

:banghead: Hondas on average are reliable cars, not much else! They are not the best handling import company ( mazda ) they are not the best priced import, they are not a fast import company, they offer nothing but AVERAGE everything. Just because young teenaged kids can afford them, and then people who use YOU for money decide to make after market parts for dumb kids with to much money to spend. Does not make them AWESOME cars in anymeans. Dont be so ignorant because you own one :dunno:

Mazda is not the best handling car... tht is wuite ignorant to say as well. Just because Ford owns Mazda, it doesn't mean it is the best in the handling department by default.

Don't get me wrong the RX-7 FD, MP3, MPS are great cars, but other maufacturers have a lot to offer. Basically you can't take the companies one flagship car and generalize the whole lineup as being the best.

ConVict
03-31-2003, 02:48 PM
if you take every car mazda makes, and put it up against everycar honda makes... mazda makes better handling cars...

Mazda 6 = Accord
Miata = S2000 would be pretty even
Rx7 = ?!?!
Protege 5 = Civic

and ford owning mazda has nothing to do with it... ford cars suck, dont think cause I own a ford, and they own mazda I acually give to shits to brag about how good they are

redevil
03-31-2003, 02:53 PM
Hey I have a 95 Honda Civic Dx Coupe for sale priced at $7,700. It is definitly not over priced....the cars that I've seen are 1-2 g's more than mine....

Sorry if it has nothing to do with the post... just trying to sell it.:devil:

SI-vic
03-31-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ConVict

Just because young teenaged kids can afford them, and then people who use YOU for money decide to make after market parts for dumb kids with to much money to spend.

Oh I'm so sorry that a Civic is all I can afford and I'm sorry that I have too much money to spend. Hey, get a job and maybe you'll have a couple of coins to spend here and there.
Maybe try saving your pennies....
now I see why you get flamed everytime you post you moron! :banghead:

ZorroAMG
03-31-2003, 04:36 PM
A product (any product...cars, clothing, hookers) is only worth what someone is willing ot pay for it. If someone bought a 82 lude for 5000, then it is worth 5000.....the justification is in the fact that someone paid that much....not saying it is fair market value or even close, just that it is worth it....to some idiot :rolleyes:

kevie88
03-31-2003, 04:57 PM
Besides, nothing beats the sound of a V-8.

Except for V10's, V12's, 4cyls @ 13,000rpm and umm... pretty much everything else.

ConVict
03-31-2003, 05:01 PM

Oh I'm so sorry that a Civic is all I can afford and I'm sorry that I have too much money to spend. Hey, get a job and maybe you'll have a couple of coins to spend here and there.

I love how all hondas owners take offence when ever you say anything about their cars... I was talking about buddy saying there are two people in life Cool people with money and civics and the rest...
I have put tons of money into my car to mod it, nothing wrong with modding a car. I would never say my car is better then any other car because its all up to the owner and what they want for what price is in their budget... But saying you arnt cool if you cant afford a honda is ummm :bullshit:

ConVict
03-31-2003, 05:09 PM
The bottom line is, no one car company is better then the others. Due to reliability, performance, cost, warrenties, looks, and so on you can not put a label on any car company to be better then another... Other wise everyone in the world would have a honda because its obviously dumb to buy anything else...

Thats all I am saying :thumbsup:

So when someone says something like this " its so funny to see people bitch just becasue hondas are awsome cars and they unfortunatly can't get one " Its just plain stupid

ConVict
03-31-2003, 05:22 PM

and ya that was pretty brutal, all i was tyring to say is ... there is a lot of aftermarket support for the car because so many younger people own them... not the other way around.

No.not.again
03-31-2003, 06:56 PM
god damnit!!

READ THIS (http://www.autonews.com/news.cms?newsId=4783)

it's HARD FACT... deal with it for those who still think domestics are more realiable then japanese imports.

nuff said

DriftScort
03-31-2003, 07:10 PM
hondas are just the POPULAR car to own and thats the only reason so many people are buying them. If you people would quit bitching about my hondas the best cuz its a honda or vice versa and just respect peoples rides and the time and money put into it things would be alot better, when it all comes down to it we are all into the same thing and thats modding our cars so theres no reason to act like little bitches.end of discussion

p.s. I like any car thats done properly incase you were wondering so dont go around saying that im just hating on imports!

GTS Jeff
03-31-2003, 07:48 PM
CONVICT DON'T OVERGENERALIZE.

bksze
03-31-2003, 07:58 PM
couple things to consider
- sellers will always try to sell for as much as they can sell for
- consumers will always try to buy for the lowest price

hondas may not be more overpriced than say toyotas, look at the ae86 or how about the mazda 323gtx? people are willing to pay the high price hence sellers continue to list that high, you want domestics? i'm not completely sure but i think some of the older corvettes still fetch a much higher rate than what they should depreciate at

liken it to a beer . . . go the liquor store, it's like 1.25/beer . . . go to the local pub, it's ~3.50 . . . go to the bar, it's like 4.50 . . . go sit on an airplane, it's 5 . . . it's all the same beer, unopened, the one in the liquor store is just as cold if not colder than some of the beers i've had at the bar . . . hell go to Van and buy a beer after 2am, it's $7.50 - $9, we complain but what can we do, it's late and where else can we drink, to sum it up, there are people who are willing to pay whatever for whatever so why not get as much as you can get for it???

izzoblitzo
03-31-2003, 08:08 PM
how do they do those kinds of reports? If they put two cars that are equal in price, I'd think they'd get some more fair votes. Like, the civic is what, 6G's on average more than a cavalier costs down at the lot. When come to think of it, to alotta people looking for a beginner car, reliability doesnt always come first. People shop by price and price range, and frankly to say it best, alotta people go cheap, and pickup a cavalier or sunfire (prolly one of the cheapest ecoboxes you can get right now). And if the vast majority of people are shopping by price, you get more crap drivers and selfish drivers making up that vote.

Now, dont get me wrong, and Im not bashing any domestica/import here, but when I was shopping for my first car, dollar per dollar ratio, the domestic gave me more for my money. Like a CD player, and air conditioning, dual side airbags, alloy to name a few. All in all, my car came with more, and still cost less than the civic we looked at (which didnt have any of those features.. came with steelie wheelies.) Not bad for a starter vehicle. All the features, albeit not necessarily the best, at least were bonus'. I havent had any problems of any kind for the three years I've owned it, but Im just speaking from my own experiences.

I wanted a new vehicle without breaking the bank. The domestics are getting better, and Im confident it'll be really good one day, maybe not as advanced as their import counterparts, but hey, even the japanese were at this point at one time or another.:nut:

THREE40SEVEN
03-31-2003, 08:51 PM
Domestics take the reliabilty cake when it comes to serious power. Ie FWD transaxles and cv shafts tend to take a shit on the track under some serious load/traction.
$2500cdn gets me a std tranny that will hold into the 9's.

For an a-b car, yeah, i'll agree that the imports have the edge when it comes to reliability, Thus why i drive a nissan in the winter and ford to kick some ass in the summer:D

Redlyne_mr2
03-31-2003, 09:57 PM
Yah that must be it:confused:

legendboy
03-31-2003, 11:54 PM
See this thread for a perfect example :rofl:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13057

legendboy
03-31-2003, 11:56 PM
Why Do Ppl Over-Price Their Honda's?

5K for an 89 DX :rofl:

Funny thing is that he'll get close to that. That car books for about $1200 bux. (in mint shape)

GTS Jeff
04-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by legendboy

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13057 i had to yell for a few minutes when i saw that thread.

Daddymax
04-01-2003, 09:19 AM
I sold me 89 crx for $11000.... :)

Altezza
04-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Daddymax
I sold me 89 crx for $11000.... :)

Was it some chinese girl you sold it to?

SmelltheRubber
04-01-2003, 06:32 PM
This thread got lame a long way back...:zzz:
Turned into a fight between the highschool "civic ridaz" and everybody else who dont like imports.

GTS Jeff
04-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber
This thread got lame a long way back...:zzz:
Turned into a fight between the highschool "civic ridaz" and everybody else who dont like imports. its not lame to group ppl into either being civic-ricers or import haters?

syeve
04-02-2003, 12:51 AM
my rsx is for sale....$550000

convict...I read your shit all the time...just when I start to think you are normal...you try to sound smart in a thread like this...dont argue about shit that you are clueless about. Trying to get an import guy to switch to domestic is impossible over the net...same goes for a domestic driver. You cant just rant your shit and expect people to "ohhh, that makes sence, Im gonna go trade my car tomorrow"

Man I'm in a pissy mood.

ohh, and an NSX will outhandle a RX-7 anyday.

T5_X
04-02-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by syeve

ohh, and an NSX will outhandle a RX-7 anyday.

I don't think it's quite fair to compare an exotic mid engined to a 2+2 GT car.

Honda has no direct comparasin, only ones that do are nissan (300zx TT) and toyota (supra TT) though I guess maybe the 3000GT VR4 could be in that group too.

ConVict
04-02-2003, 11:40 AM
I am not trying to convince imports to love domestics... most domestics suck haha. Like my car its an unreliable piece of shit. I am just saying, there is an upside and a down side to pretty much every car on the market... and I was mad at momo civic for being a dumb ass:thumbsup:

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:03 PM
shut your mouth you idiot
your drive am fuckign 1989 piece of shit get a real car then you can reffer to my comments till then shut the fuck up

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:05 PM
HAHAHHAAHH dude i use to own a 94 probe gt and i was a piece and why do you think there aren't any parts for that sack of shit and another thing how old are you casue i am 19 not a teenager you faggot

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:06 PM
and why the fuck are you on here still. nobody give two cents about your fuckign nastly probe and retarded ideas you pimple face motherf***er!!

syeve
04-02-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31

I don't think it's quite fair to compare an exotic mid engined to a 2+2 GT car.

true

Aleks
04-02-2003, 01:13 PM
how old are you casue i am 19 not a teenager you faggot

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: nine teen?

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:14 PM
do you know what else is funny convict wants to turn his piece of shit FORD into a S13 now what the fuck does that show you fucking idiot!!! Convict you are the biggest morron you should just shut the fuck up and never post again!!! Obviously convict wants an import but he is to broke ass to get one so he wants to make it look like one. FAAAGGG!!

legendboy
04-02-2003, 01:20 PM
in again before lock :D

GTS Jeff
04-02-2003, 01:20 PM
IN BEFOE DA LOCK YO

hey momo...i dont believe that ure 19. i tihnk ure lying. no 19 year old would run their mouth off like u and be so immature.

besides, what makes u think that your civic is faster than his probe? can u tell us what model civic u have and mods are on it?

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:21 PM
hahah no my civic is not faster but it runs

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:21 PM
and its an si

GTS Jeff
04-02-2003, 01:22 PM
auto or manual? coupe or hatch or 4 door?

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:23 PM
hahah its fucking nicer thats for damn sure

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:24 PM
go to members gallery is a coupe thats why its si

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:25 PM
and standard ofcourse

GTS Jeff
04-02-2003, 01:30 PM
how does it feel to know that ure car is pretty comparable to an 85 corolla?

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:32 PM
hahaha that is funny and 85 corolla is worth like two cents dude and for you to even try and compare would be hillarious

lammer
04-02-2003, 01:33 PM
hahaha momo civic, i dont blame the people for robbing your shit.

Blue Devil 2
04-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by lammer
hahaha momo civic, i dont blame the people for robbing your shit.

That's fucking rude, no one deserves to have their shit stolen!

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:35 PM
that is a low blow but that is cool whatever you can be a morron

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:36 PM
ya lammer i wish the same shit would happen to you but unfortunatly i don't think people are into fireflys

MOMO CiViC
04-02-2003, 01:37 PM
yo man i wish i could meet youy in real life and we could discuss how you think i desreved to get my shit jacked