PDA

View Full Version : Uninformed people

LUDELVR
03-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Okay, what the fuck is up with a ton of people who think they know shit and just say it because they think it's right? This is the second time I had someone check out my turbo kit and say to me that I should get a turbo timer and his rationale....it'll totally help!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What the fuck!!! Cuz I can't keep my car running manually for an extra minute or so? Or worse off, I'll have my water lines hooked up!! Anyway, just think it's funny cuz there are many uninformed people here and they seem to be the younger guys!! I'm with hollywood and think that we should totally open up a new section!! Anyway, I'm done!:thumbsup: :rofl:

B18C
03-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Hahahaha....I think a turbo timer would be a good idea. It's not a necessity but it would be convenient.

I don't think a new section would help though. We just need people to call bs when they see it.

Fuji
03-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Sooo what does a turbo timer do again???? :)

Superesc
03-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Fuji
Sooo what does a turbo timer do again???? :)

Its a timer that's turbocharged!!!! :D

B18C
03-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Superesc

:bullshit:

See it's just that easy :rofl:

FiveFreshFish
03-30-2003, 08:02 PM
Personally, I prefer not to use a turbo timer because I park my car in the garage. I don't want to close the door later because I will likely forget, and I don't want it running with the door closed.

Phats
03-30-2003, 08:21 PM
ok, why would you use a turbo timer, what reasons, how would it help. I know nothing about this stuff, but if your going to give advice, give reasons for your advice

fast95pony
03-30-2003, 08:31 PM
I love uniformed chicks .....especially in black,with short skirts.

Ah wait....mis-read title.

Never mind....

Smartiepants
03-30-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
I love uniformed chicks .....especially in black,with short skirts.

Ah wait....mis-read title.

Never mind....

Eheheheh, I thought that too

THREE40SEVEN
03-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Dont run naws!! It will blow your engine up!!!

Its a matter of:
They read it on a forum/discussion site, therefore its true.

Ashkente
03-30-2003, 08:42 PM
Afaik, turbo timers are meant for keeping the oil/coolant supply flowing to the turbo (by keeping the engine running..) and letting the turbo bearings cool down.

max_boost
03-30-2003, 09:06 PM
LOL
I don't ever dish out advice because I have no idea what you fags are talking about half the time. I just say "I see, ummm ok, interesting, that's cool, oh that sounds fcuked up!" bwhahha

LUDELVR
03-30-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Ashkente
Afaik, turbo timers are meant for keeping the oil/coolant supply flowing to the turbo (by keeping the engine running..) and letting the turbo bearings cool down.

Exactly!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It prevents coking (I believe this is how they spell it haha) anyway it prevents the oil from cooling too quickly and then building up and solidifying in the lines and turbo. Anyway, my question to this guy or any other guy who thinks they are "SO" important and would help me out "SO" much, is how?

hahaha, Anyway, I just think it's funny and the one guy in Victoria who said I should get a turbo timer I was like "why? I have my turbo is water cooled too" and then he's like "Umm....You know what, I really don't know much about turbochargers!! :nut: :rofl: :rofl:

LUDELVR
03-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Superesc

dude, you're an idiot!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It times your turbo so that you'll have a sudden increase in power when the turbo kicks in!! That way, it almost like hitting the NAWZ button and away you go!! Turbo timers are so freaking cool that way!! :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rofl: :rofl: hopefully that clears some things up.

4G63Power
03-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Wait....Wait....Wait...

What's a turbo? :)

redline
03-30-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Exactly!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It prevents coking (I believe this is how they spell it haha) anyway it prevents the oil from cooling too quickly and then building up and solidifying in the lines and turbo. Anyway, my question to this guy or any other guy who thinks they are "SO" important and would help me out "SO" much, is how?

how much will 180 degree oil cool in a minute? I got one so it must be a must have device :bullshit: If you drive easy the last couple of blocks it does the same thing.

One day when i get off my ass and install a relay, it will work with my alarm. then I can walk away from the car with the TT working!

But back to the topic at hand, TT are the shit, you should have two of them ! :thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
03-30-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by redline
If you drive easy the last couple of blocks it does the same thing.
:werd:
That's the best way to cool down. With a parked car, there's less airflow and less cooling.

Hollywood
03-30-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

:werd:
That's the best way to cool down. With a parked car, there's less airflow and less cooling.

Not really.

I'm not saying it's not benifical to drive easy a few block to cool things down, but your turbo will generate way less heat at idle compared to even sissy driving.

Also to add to others stements about running you car for a min or 2 or a turbo timer...by doing this your are bringing down the oil temps that over a period of time if not done the hot oil that quickly cools down from just being turned off rather than running/idling down, can cause cracks in turbo housings. Water cooling is a big help for this...but why not love your turbo because it loves you!:love:

sexualbanana
03-30-2003, 11:24 PM
oooooohhhhhhhhhh. you're talking about un-informed people. geez leo, ur a enlgish teacher. u should at least put a hyphen in there. i thought u were talking about uniform-ed people. i was like, wtf?

LUDELVR
03-30-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
oooooohhhhhhhhhh. you're talking about un-informed people. geez leo, ur a enlgish teacher. u should at least put a hyphen in there. i thought u were talking about uniform-ed people. i was like, wtf?

Hey man, I said I graduated with an English degree...I never said I was any good at it!!

On a different note,

Originally posted by redline

how much will 180 degree oil cool in a minute? I got one so it must be a must have device :bullshit: If you drive easy the last couple of blocks it does the same thing.

One day when i get off my ass and install a relay, it will work with my alarm. then I can walk away from the car with the TT working!

But back to the topic at hand, TT are the shit, you should have two of them ! :thumbsup:

What the hell do you know about a turbo or rather...a turbo timer!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) rn't you a 5.0 L lover now?? hahahaha:rofl:

LUDELVR
03-30-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

and read it again dipshit...uninformed does not equal uniformed!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gavin man, shit, trying to tell me about my own shit...do I tell you how to fuck a goat? No, cuz you've already mastered that...when you're ready for women come give me a shout!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :poosie:

Hollywood
03-30-2003, 11:38 PM
P.S. I have my turbo timer set a 1:30 min for easy driving as I do the cool down the last few blocks home, and set my secondary at 3min for hard driving.

Zephyr
03-31-2003, 12:05 AM
if u dont have a turbo timer, then how do u cool the turbo? just let it sit idle for a few min? i'm still learning all this car tech crap so asking questions a lot...

FiveFreshFish
03-31-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
if u dont have a turbo timer, then how do u cool the turbo? just let it sit idle for a few min? i'm still learning all this car tech crap so asking questions a lot...

Yep, the turbo timer allows you to idle the car for a desired duration you can set. Without a timer, you can let it idle and turn it off after a few minutes. You can also open the hood to help dissipate heat.

Maxt
03-31-2003, 06:20 AM
Most cars have water cooled turbo's, the turbo timer is not going to really cool the turbo down any measurable amount..
I have a non water cooled centre on my turbo, I do not use a timer, I also don't screem into my garage at 7000 rpm and shut the car off.. My turbo is spinning quickly at idle, and tends to run warmer at idle than when driving so a turbo timer would do jack shit on my car, just waste gas..Maxt

redline
03-31-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

What the hell do you know about a turbo or rather...a turbo timer!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) rn't you a 5.0 L lover now?? hahahaha:rofl:

Yep gotta love the 5.0l, I am doing to 5.0 swap into the RSX on the weekend, cause there is no replacement for displacement :banghead:

Hollywood
03-31-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
Most cars have water cooled turbo's, the turbo timer is not going to really cool the turbo down any measurable amount..
I have a non water cooled centre on my turbo, I do not use a timer, I also don't screem into my garage at 7000 rpm and shut the car off.. My turbo is spinning quickly at idle, and tends to run warmer at idle than when driving so a turbo timer would do jack shit on my car, just waste gas..Maxt

Rotories dont count. Don't pollute the piston guys minds.:nut: :burnout: