PDA

View Full Version : Help! car got keyed

MYKN
05-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Okay...so some punks went around keying cars and mine happened to be one of them!!!!...its such on eye sore on my black car....so im asking does anyone have any tips or hint on how i could try to buff them out or make them less visible until i can get it properly repaired!!!!.. are there any products i could i buy to help??? thanks guys

Kobe
05-08-2006, 06:19 PM
is it super deep? or was it just keyed lightly?

MYKN
05-09-2006, 01:15 AM
its a pretty big line..so some parts kind of deep some lighter...

jdmakkord
05-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Shitty deal, my car got egged saturday night at a house party in panorama. Still havent looked closely if there was damage:banghead:

EnRich
05-09-2006, 08:20 AM
thats just terrible.. my car was keyed once too, just go get it properly repaired, it'll be like 50 - 100... they'll buff it out pretty good, but you'll probably always be able to tell there was something there..

Mitsu3000gt
05-09-2006, 11:05 AM
My previous car got keyed down both sides a while ago, cost me $1500 to have all the affected panels sanded and repainted so there was no trace whatsoever of what happened.

Mark

clem24
05-09-2006, 11:09 AM
If it's a deep scratch (i.e. below the primer) then the whole panel needs to be refinished. If it's a light scratch, then some cut polish will take care of it.

Our car got keyed too (and it's DEEP). Some kids must've gotten real bored. It pisses me off, but what can you do unless you catch them in the act. They really don't have anything better to do.

Speed_69
05-09-2006, 11:49 AM
shitty..my car got keyed yesterday as well on the driver side door.:cry: It's not too deep but hopefully i'm gonna be able to make it less visible with polish.

afrotl
05-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Curious will your insurance cover it?

Speed_69
05-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by afrotl
Curious will your insurance cover it?
yes insurance will cover it if you have comprehensive coverage but also if you make a claim, your premiums will raise.

Aleks
05-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

yes insurance will cover it if you have comprehensive coverage but also if you make a claim, your premiums will raise.

I don't think they will. I made a claim on vandalism (broken glass) and they said they wouldn't increase my premiums since really it was no ones fault :dunno:

guessboi
05-09-2006, 12:57 PM
^ they will probably get rid of a claims free discount and your premium will go up!

Speed_69
05-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

I don't think they will. I made a claim on vandalism (broken glass) and they said they wouldn't increase my premiums since really it was no ones fault :dunno:
that may be true, your first claim they will not raise your premiums but the second they will, really depends on your insurer. Insurance companies need to subrogate against someone for the loss and that person would be the person making the claim if you can't identify the person who did the vandalism.

Aleks
05-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
^ they will probably get rid of a claims free discount and your premium will go up!

Yeah this was a few years ago when my premiums kept going down as I got older so that might have been the case and I just didnt notice.