PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine: "Drowned Alive"

treg50
05-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Anyone watching this right now?

The main magic trick he's going to perform is to set a new world record and hold his breath for 9 minutes. Leading up to this he's already spent 175 hours (over 7 days) underwater (a new world record). He's going to do the holding-his-breath trick back to back with breaking the underwater record.

They also recapped some of his past tricks. One trick that blew my mind (a minor side trick, that's scary): he apparently hypnotizes a random lady out of a crowd on a sidewalk in Vegas by doing who knows what, it looked he just said 'hey how about you? okay?' Next thing you know he's pulled out her two 'canine' teeth! Blood on his fingers, she's calm but bewildered looking, and sticking her tongue throught the empty sockets, blood on lips. He then says 'Look at me' puts her two teeth in his mouth and blows them at her face and her teeth GO BACK INTO PLACE. There was a crowd of people standing right beside her and him, it was shoulder to shoulder and he did this right there no space to hide anything... that was amazing.

You know how your skin gets all wrinkley and soft after an hour underwater? His skin is just about to ready to peel off they're saying. Oh and he's also got to escape from handcuffs and chains.
:eek:

He's 5 mins in right now!!! :eek:

habsfan
05-08-2006, 07:50 PM
just tuned in! guess he didnt make it, feeding him some oxygen right now

dave101
05-08-2006, 07:50 PM
its over right? I forgot to watch it. What happened?

88CRX
05-08-2006, 08:03 PM
its on again at 9. channel 5 i think.

snade831
05-09-2006, 12:11 AM
of course he wouldnt just try and go for 9 minutes... he has to do it while getting himself out of 8 hand cuffs. that's what screwed him over. ooooh david. just stick you your magic tricks.

Street_Soldier
05-09-2006, 12:17 AM
how is this even considered magik? :whocares:

Dave P
05-09-2006, 12:25 AM
he might suprise everyone, and do a actual magic trick

GQBalla
05-09-2006, 12:41 AM
damn i missed it.... can anybody find it on the internet??!?

88CRX
05-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier
how is this even considered magik? :whocares:

magik? WTF is magik?

/////AMG
05-09-2006, 03:49 AM
So he didn't do the 9 minutes?

It can't be done! Unless you were on Baywatch! (haha thats so random lol)

bigboom
05-09-2006, 09:30 AM
if he didnt spend the last week in a water bubble he may have been able to pull it off...but the fact that he spent the last week in a bubble probably hurt him more than helped him.

jdmsource
05-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by bigboom
if he didnt spend the last week in a water bubble he may have been able to pull it off...but the fact that he spent the last week in a bubble probably hurt him more than helped him. :werd: exactly my thought!

BerserkerCatSplat
05-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
So he didn't do the 9 minutes?

It can't be done! Unless you were on Baywatch! (haha thats so random lol)

David Hasselhoff could have done it. :D

teggypimp95
05-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Last year he locked himself in a glass box in london up in the air for 44 days with no food only water. isolated from everything and everyone. he started to go crazy lol

3g4me
05-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

David Hasselhoff could have done it. :D

No doubt, if he can save spounge bob and patric from the giant, then he can do anything.:nut:

ianmcc
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
The real reason he failed is that he looked out at the people watching him and saw Chuck Norris........just staring at him. He immediately failed in his attempt. Chuck Norris owns the actual world record for holding his breath underwater at 9 hours. Unfortunately, all the witnesses' heads exploded from sheer amazement so there is no official record of this occuring.

Dave P
05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
hahahahahahh