PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have eny experiences with nitto?

THREE40SEVEN
03-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Im just about to try a set of nitto 555 extremes on my shitbox. Anyone else here tried them? Like/dislike?

shadowz
03-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Cracking sidewalls, the weather here doesnt seem the treat the tires too well

DSM Power
04-02-2003, 12:31 AM
I have 450s and they're ok... grip is not quite as strong as I'd like but they look great and the wear is good. These are summer tires obviously, and a bit different than the 555's.

Hollywood
04-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN
Im just about to try a set of nitto 555 extremes on my shitbox. Anyone else here tried them? Like/dislike?

I have 555 Extremes, it's what I call a cold tire. Perfect for RWD power applications like ours as it sacrifices stickyness for a high heat rating. Also when the ass end busts out I feel I still have good control and regain easily. In the rain they are really good too. Plus on road course after heating up a bit I had no problems.

Here's a pic, I cant remeber if it's the rears or fronts so they are either 245s or 265's.

http://members.shaw.ca/eurotrash/tires.jpg

THREE40SEVEN
04-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Cracking sidewalls, the weather here doesnt seem the treat the tires too well
Hmmmmm.... havent heard that yet.. Its a spring to fall car..

Originally posted by Hollywood

I have 555 Extremes, it's what I call a cold tire. Perfect for RWD power applications like ours as it sacrifices stickyness for a high heat rating. Also when the ass end busts out I feel I still have good control and regain easily. In the rain they are really good too. Plus on road course after heating up a bit I had no problems.

Here's a pic, I cant remeber if it's the rears or fronts so they are either 245s or 265's.

http://members.shaw.ca/eurotrash/tires.jpg
You got 245/265's on your car there hollywood? Have you tried many other tires on your cars to compare the "stickyness" . Ive been using firestone sz50's for the past 4 seasons (2 sets) and ive been very happy with those. Traction and wear are what im concerned with.
I decided on these after reading many reviews from the mustang guys. I was gonna go with the drag radials, but they dont like the rain, and they dont wear too well on a daily driven car with a heavy footed driver:D Guess we'll see how my 275/40/17's hold up....
Thanks for the replies guys!

Hollywood
04-04-2003, 08:13 PM

Hmmmmm.... havent heard that yet.. Its a spring to fall car..

You got 245/265's on your car there hollywood? Have you tried many other tires on your cars to compare the "stickyness" . Ive been using firestone sz50's for the past 4 seasons (2 sets) and ive been very happy with those. Traction and wear are what im concerned with.
I decided on these after reading many reviews from the mustang guys. I was gonna go with the drag radials, but they dont like the rain, and they dont wear too well on a daily driven car with a heavy footed driver:D Guess we'll see how my 275/40/17's hold up....
Thanks for the replies guys!

Nice choice, you should be happy. Ya I have 245/40/18 front, 265/35/18 rears. On this car only the Nitto's and TA's, nitto's are way better, W rated ZR. (for the learnes out there "W rated" is tested speed rating 168MPH, and the Z stands for 149mph+ speed rating).. The drag radial version is ok for the rain but once you hit a certain tread limit they no longer are rain friendly.

THREE40SEVEN
04-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

Nice choice, you should be happy. Ya I have 245/40/18 front, 265/35/18 rears. On this car only the Nitto's and TA's, nitto's are way better, W rated ZR. (for the learnes out there "W rated" is tested speed rating 168MPH, and the Z stands for 149mph+ speed rating).. The drag radial version is ok for the rain but once you hit a certain tread limit they no longer are rain friendly.
Those tires fit on your 240:eek: I didn't think they'd come close to fitting. Is that the widest you can fit, or can you go even wider?
I still have the sz50 255/40/17's on the front. For some reason, they didn't wear as quick as the rears:dunno: ;)

Hollywood
04-04-2003, 11:11 PM

Those tires fit on your 240:eek: I didn't think they'd come close to fitting. Is that the widest you can fit, or can you go even wider?
I still have the sz50 255/40/17's on the front. For some reason, they didn't wear as quick as the rears:dunno: ;)

Oh ya they fit with ease. You can fit 18x11's max in the rear and 18x10's max in the front. Only thing is that 240 people don't go too wide then there is too much understeer for the track and low speed street turns.

But here is a pick showing the fenders and tires. Could go a little bigger if I wanted.

http://members.shaw.ca/eurotrash/13.jpg