PDA

View Full Version : Who else carries HP laptops

Team_Mclaren
05-08-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm looking for an HP laptop, is there anywhere else in town other then futureshop or bestbuy that carries them?

thanks

chong_wallace
05-09-2006, 07:49 AM
memex used to have a few models

AJL
05-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Staples has them, they price match to.

dolphin_gurl87
05-18-2006, 11:33 PM
i have a question if any one can answer it for me that would be great.....

its about labtop and seeing u are talking about them i thought i should ask.

i need to get a labtop for class when i start college up in june. but i have no clue on computers..soo i have know idea wich labtop would be good for school pluse be able to down load songs and it has to be able to plug in my ipod if it can, and i need to be able to use disks as well. i also need to know if it can be hoocked up to a printer so i would be able to print stuff ..

or is one labtop like another in that case dose it really matter what one i need???

Ben
05-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by dolphin_gurl87
i have a question if any one can answer it for me that would be great.....

its about labtop and seeing u are talking about them i thought i should ask.

i need to get a labtop for class when i start college up in june. but i have no clue on computers..soo i have know idea wich labtop would be good for school pluse be able to down load songs and it has to be able to plug in my ipod if it can, and i need to be able to use disks as well. i also need to know if it can be hoocked up to a printer so i would be able to print stuff ..

or is one labtop like another in that case dose it really matter what one i need???

Get something with a centrino/turion processor. Inexpensive and great on battery.

Shouldn't have to spend more than a grand for something basic.

Toshiba makes a good rig, but even something from Dell would be fine, they have a good warranty, and for what you are using it for, you dont need anything with some serious horsepower :)

gp36912
05-18-2006, 11:39 PM
^^^^ songs, ipods, are all capable on most laptops. but for disks, i'm guessing floppy disks, they need an external reader etc for it.

dolphin_gurl87
05-18-2006, 11:43 PM
...what about printing? can a labtop print from a printer ?? or do u need to save on a disk and then transfer it onto another computer to print??

Ben
05-18-2006, 11:44 PM
You can print the same way as a desktop. Either physically connected via USB, or through the network.

I own several laptops and work in IT, feel free to let me know if you need some one on one time. :P

(Macking EK2.0 Stylez)

eblend
05-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Compusmart carries HP laptops as well.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-20-2006, 11:06 AM
what college are you going to that you need for a laptop... iknow that some school provide them based on the course (as i use my own laptop sait gave me)

clem24
05-23-2006, 04:37 PM
I have an HP/Compaq nc8000 from work. It's alright, nothing special. The space bar was defective, and the keyboard controller or something died. Service is impressive. Sent it in to fix, got it back in 3 business days (and that includes shipping to ON too). The volume buttons on the front are fragile.

Other than that, I think I'd still rather get a Toshiba. Or maybe an Acer. Used to have an Acer Travelmate 4000. That thing kicked ass. Very logical and thoughtful layout and fast.