PDA

View Full Version : Lug Sizing question

bennyhanna
05-09-2006, 09:58 AM
If anyone know the answer to this question, it would help out alot!

Im looking to buy some wheels for my GFs Car, and have found a few that she likes. Having said that, Im not sure if the wheels will fit.

The wheels that I have seen are fitted to VW's, that have a 5 x 100 Bolt pattern and uses a 14 x 1.50 Bolt size.

My GF's car uses a 5 x 100 Bolt Pattern and uses a 12 x 1.50 Bolt Size.

The offset of the wheel is et40, so that should fit, and I know that I'll need to buy some hubcentric rings to make the center Bore match up.

So my question is, will these rims fit with the difference int Bolt size?
Will I require tuner lugs?

TIA

benyl
05-09-2006, 10:05 AM
What kind of rims and what kind of car?

bennyhanna
05-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by benyl
What kind of rims and what kind of car?
Why?
Does it make a difference?

Lo)2enz0
05-09-2006, 11:23 AM
you shouldn't have a problem but most wheels require tuner nuts and if your buying wheels dishing out $55 more for the nuts shouldn't be an issue

98brg2d
05-09-2006, 01:39 PM
As long as the lug bevel is the same (60°/30° or acorn) and the lugs fit inside the bolt holes on the rim they should still fit. I think most lugs these days are 60° bevel.

What kind of car is it? If it is a Celica (edit=54.06mm dia)you may have to get rings for a VW wheel (57.1mm dia).

Finding wheels with the correct center bore diameter is much better than using hubcentric rings (especially if you can only find plastic rings in the correct size). I have used aluminum rings and they work fine but I would stay away from plastic rings.

Neons use 12x1.5 studs and can use VW wheels with stock lug nuts.

benyl
05-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by bennyhanna

Why?
Does it make a difference?

Makes no difference to me, but if you have a popular car and are choosing a popular wheel, someone on here may have a similar combination and would be able to tell you.

The way you set up the question was:

I have a car. I am buying a wheel. Will it fit?

Sure, you gave us the lug thread size, but that isn't enough information. You should ask the shop your are buying the wheels from if you don't want to tell us what car and wheel combination.