PDA

View Full Version : tint films from canadian tire?

MooseJawian
05-09-2006, 01:06 PM
i saw some tint film today in canadian tire, i was just wondering if anyone here has tried that, how does it look on ur car?is it easy to do? big difference between those DIY tint and the tint job u got from a shop?i wanna get my rear window tinted, but do not know which way to go..

craigcd
05-09-2006, 01:12 PM
From what i have seen it looks like garbage. Usually has a purple tint to it also....

spike98
05-09-2006, 01:13 PM
The crappy tire tint wont last long at all. It will bubble and turn a uggo purple that looks like crap. Spend the cashola and get it done at a shop.

Mar
05-09-2006, 01:23 PM
It won't be as good as a shop that uses metallic tint but it will work if you follow some simple steps that the general public can't seem to grasp.

1. Buy the black tint, not the purple. It all looks black in the packaging but when you put it on, you'll know when everything inside looks purple when you look in.
2. Buy the application kit for a few more bucks and use the liquid / squeegee to get out all the air bubbles. Apply the liquid to one side of the film, apply it to the window, and squeegee out the air. Otherwise it'll look l ike your neighbour's minivan with bubbles everywhere.

I did it with a windshield banner I used to have, turned out perfect.

Gen4Accord
05-09-2006, 02:04 PM
deffinatly get it done at a shop it will cost you no more than 250 and thats for five windows think about it... it takes profesionals like 2-3 hours to do your whole car and more than half the time there is bubbles when they do it but thats when the warranty comes in handy.... get it done at a shop tintmasters on 17th is good if your from calgary

boopydogg
05-09-2006, 07:26 PM
unless this is a beater car and you are wanting to try tinting just get it done at a shop

EnRich
05-10-2006, 08:45 AM
the tint doesnt come "purple" guys... It all comes black. You know its cheap film when it turns purple, and it does so because when the sun light hits it, it heats the glue elements in the film discoloring it... Cheap shop film will also turn purple. Thats why high end shops offer Matalic tint, which stops discoloring, I have it on my car, and was explained this when I was buying tint... In the end the matalic tint was 150 bucks more... All in all 7 windows tint for 350, and boy am I happy with it.

codepoet101
05-10-2006, 11:16 AM
ive tinted about 8 or 9 cars with the c tire stuff and its all still black and nice pm if you want some pics of my work i can hook up tint possibly too pm me if your interested. the metallic tint isnt always better and you cant mount antennas on the glass random useless info for everyone

Mitsu3000gt
05-10-2006, 11:29 AM
You get what you pay for, keep in mind nice tint on 5 windows is $300-$400.

I wouldn't touch anything CT sells for tint.

Mark