PDA

View Full Version : argh. make it stop!

TimG
05-09-2006, 03:40 PM
can't hasselhoff roll over and die already? He bugs me almost as much as Shatner.

'Knight Rider' coming to big screen

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 Posted: 1232 GMT (2032 HKT)

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) -- The talking car K.I.T.T. is heading to the big screen in an adaptation of the hit 1980s TV series "Knight Rider."

Series creator Glen A. Larson will write and executive produce the Weinstein Co. project, which he anticipates will begin production next year. The project had previously been in development at Sony-based Revolution Studios.

Larson has bandied about the project for years. "A number of people wanted to do a pure comedic send-up of it, but I always felt that would throw away the franchise," he said. "There was always some humor on the show, but this film will probably have more gallows, foxhole humor.

Despite the darker tone, he said he would aim for a PG-13 rating because he doesn't want to exclude the series' core audience. The show ran on NBC from 1982-86.

The story centers on the tale of a police investigator shot in the line of duty who is nursed back to health by a mysterious millionaire. He's given a new name (Michael Knight), a new face and a new car to help him continue his work. As in the pilot, he also seeks revenge on the criminals who left him for dead.

Larson wouldn't say whether David Hasselhoff, who starred in the series, would appear in a cameo or if William Daniels would reprise his role as the voice of K.I.T.T.

Other Larson TV series being developed as film adaptations include "Magnum, P.I." at Imagine Entertainment and "The Fall Guy" at Warner Bros. Pictures.

typhoonslippery
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
wasnt there a knight rider 2000 already with a new Firebird Trans-Am car ??

http://www.kr2k.com/

benyl
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
fawk dat. Knight Rider was da bomb.

Besides, he may or may not be in the movie.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Hasselhoff FTW!

/////AMG
05-09-2006, 04:20 PM
He better not be in the movie, hes too old now!
And he has his singing career to think of, and his german fans. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Xtrema
05-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Maimi Vice
Knight Rider
Magnum P.I.
Dallas

Man, the 80s are back.