PDA

View Full Version : New MGS4 Trailer

2000_SI
05-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Taken from IGN
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/706/706016p1.html

May 8, 2006 - While it's nothing like the nine minute epic trailers that we're used to seeing from Hideo Kojima, the three minute Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer that we got to see at Sony's E3 conference left us salivating and wanting for more.

The trailer starts off with Snake sitting alone in a room, stating that he has one more thing left to do. One thing to note here is the color of Snake's suit is markedly different from the trailer that we saw last year. Additionally, Snake is no longer wearing the eyepatch that he did before, and his face is significantly older than in the last trailer.

As his monologue continues, Snake talks about how the war has changed. It's no longer about nations, or idealogies. It's also not about profit, resources or ethnicity. Rather, it's an endless battle fought by mercenaries and machines. Because of this, war has been transformed into a well-oiled business transaction, according to Snake. Information, emotion, and battle is all controlled and monitored. Thus, everything is controlled.

During his speech, the trailer continues on as soldiers from various sides do battle against several mini Rays and Rexes. In this sequence, we even get to see a glimpse of Raiden, all dressed up in his Ninja gear, and sporting a new, gothic look.

Several characters from the MGS universe reappear, including Naomi Hunter, Colonel Campbell, Meryl Silverburgh (who now sports some hot camogear), Liquid Ocelot/Snake and Otacon. Going by the trailer, Snake's age has accelerated extremely greatly, while those around him haven't aged nearly as quickly. In fact, the only other character who has undergone a radical change in appearance is Snake's understudy, Raiden.

At the end of the trailer, the same scene from the beginning of the clip plays out, as Snake inserts his pistol into his mouth, and says he has one more thing to do. But before anything happens, the trailer comes to an end with a chilling tagline: "Some bloodlines must come to an end"

There are many theories already circulating around various gaming communities about Snake's revised look. The most popular opinion going around is that Snake's body will deteriorate as the game progresses, meaning you only have a limited amount of time to finish the game before Snake's body expires. Whatever the catch is, it'll be revealed in more depth when Konami has its press conference tomorrow, not to mention when the show officially starts on Wednesday.

Trailer
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

All I can say... :eek:
Looks intense....

cujo_cjc
05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Looks pretty sweet.
Id get a PS3 just for this game alone :thumbsup:

Xtrema
05-09-2006, 04:28 PM
I don't trust Sony any more. Those shown could still be CG. But knowing MGS in the pass, it should be a decent game very least.

2000_SI
05-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Oh I have no question that those are not in game graphics and just cutscene clips... still looks good though...

Vagabond142
05-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Meryl is back! :love:

Despair*
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
MGS4 alone is more than enough for me to purchase a ps3! The Trailer looks awesome, can't wait to see how this one is going to end. Its not going to be a fun waiting to get my hands on a copy :cry:

cujo_cjc
05-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Theres a complete 15 minute trailer on konami's website now :clap:

habsfan
05-10-2006, 10:27 AM
i see it on there, i click to view it, a window opens, then closes, and it doesn't play...wtf

b_t
05-10-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm starting to freak out! a 15 minute trailer that won't work! nooooooooo!

Sykes
05-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by b_t
I'm starting to freak out! a 15 minute trailer that won't work! nooooooooo!

The 15 minute trailer is up. Way cool :thumbsup:

habsfan
05-10-2006, 02:47 PM
it's still not working for me :( it says

"The file you are attempting to play has an extension that does not match the format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior.

Do you want the player to try to play the file?

yes/no"

if i click no, obviously, it doesnt work. if i click yes, the same window pops up again so i click yes again.

it responds with another window that says

"Windows Media player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required could not be found"

i have no idea what codec i need, can anyone help?

cujo_cjc
05-10-2006, 05:54 PM
do you have windows media player 9?

anyways, just had a chance to watch it
looks pretty sweet :clap:

Toms-SC
05-11-2006, 11:36 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=2445

WOW! Can't wait

saiyajin
05-11-2006, 11:39 PM
bah this years E3 is nuts