PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft Movie Announced

2000_SI
05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
May 8, 2006 - Warcraft on the big screen? It could happen... and soon. IGN FilmForce has learned that Legendary Pictures, the production company behind Superman Returns and Batman Begins, may turn the wildly successful series of games from Blizzard Entertainment into a feature film. The official announcement could come as early as Tuesday -- timed to take advantage of E3 buzz. (See below for an update!)

Other flicks on Legendary's slate are Where the Wild Things Are, Paradise Lost, 10,000 B.C., M. Night's Lady in the Water and the next films in the rejuvenated Superman and Batman franchises.

The World of Warcraft movie would likely be distributed by Warner Bros. under their multi-year distribution deal with the production company.

UPDATE: Industry mag The Hollywood Reporter is now reporting that Legendary has indeed acquired the movie rights to the Warcraft series. The movie will not follow any of the games but will be set in the same fantasy universe.

Article
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/705/705796p1.html

GQBalla
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
thats intense!!!

definately will watch this

Xtrema
05-09-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_3/images/movie-dungeons-and-dragons.jpg

Just because you have a built-in geek audience doesn't mean it'll be a good movie. WOW probably has more drama itself.

treg50
05-09-2006, 07:07 PM
no idea. I just hope they don't messed it up or go half-assed on it. I liked Warcraft 1,2, and 3 (and Frozen Throne). 3 was just awesome. Never really tried WoW.
:dunno:

Anton
05-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Haha, sweet. Even though they don't follow any story lines hopefully they put some of the heroes into the movie.

EnRich
05-10-2006, 08:40 AM
I loved everything warcraft... hope they dont mess it up, they should honestly just tell the story how it went, right back from warcraft 1.... anyone else play the origional warcraft 1? that was a sweet game, at the time, a break through

soupey
05-10-2006, 08:57 AM
does anyone know if they're actually going to come through with a prince of persia movie? i was hearing things about it before, THATS a movie i would definately pay to see:D

soupey
05-10-2006, 09:08 AM
i think movie adaptations of Driver and Max Payne are in the works too...

2000_SI
05-10-2006, 09:10 AM
I would see a Max Payne movie in a second.... Driver, on the other hand, if its anything like the last few games = teh suck...

Black Dragon
05-11-2006, 01:53 AM
dungeons and dragons 2 movie (straight to DVD) was alot better then the first

statick
05-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Sounds like it has potential...Anyone know who's playing/directing/writing?

DannyO
05-15-2006, 03:40 AM
I was expecting this, its just got a huge audience of nerds who will go just for being warcraft, and will most likely end up being crap but full of awesome CG.

Theres also rumors of Tetris making its way to the silverscreen, Tom Hanks is set to play the block L, and Leonardo Dicaprio is to play the block T, supposed to have an amazing storyline just like the game.

RickDaTuner
05-15-2006, 04:04 AM
anybody wanna give a quick run down of what the movie would probably be about?

Hakkola
05-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 2000_SI
May 8, 2006 - Warcraft on the big screen? It could happen... and soon. IGN FilmForce has learned that Legendary Pictures, the production company behind Superman Returns and Batman Begins, may turn the wildly successful series of games from Blizzard Entertainment into a feature film. The official announcement could come as early as Tuesday -- timed to take advantage of E3 buzz. (See below for an update!)

Other flicks on Legendary's slate are... Paradise Lost,

That will be interesting if they can pull it off. :thumbsup:

2000_SI
05-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Hell... if they get Blizzard to write the story it should be at least a descent movie... I can wish though...

glennc
05-17-2006, 03:34 PM
That should be sweet.

I hope they include alot of "map styles" into the movie.

Dota or otherwise.

Seanith
05-17-2006, 04:34 PM
So are the millions of nerds out there enough to make a movie like this a hit? Seldom do these sorts of movies come out really good.. anyone remember the live action street fighter movies and mortal kombat? :rofl:

2000_SI
05-18-2006, 04:01 PM
The first mortal kombat wasnt bad.... the second one on the other hand....:guns:

EnRich
05-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
So are the millions of nerds out there enough to make a movie like this a hit? Seldom do these sorts of movies come out really good.. anyone remember the live action street fighter movies and mortal kombat? :rofl:

lol GOOD CALL!!! Those are disasters... if they seriously ruin warcraft I will demand my money back after I see it...

EnRich
05-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Seanith

lol GOOD CALL!!! Those are disasters... if they seriously ruin warcraft I will demand my money back after I see it...

403Gemini
05-18-2006, 07:06 PM
granted the guy working on the movie made batman begins and the new superman movie.

it should be decent, but i wont get my hopes up

BerserkerCatSplat
05-18-2006, 10:18 PM
I think I'm going to go watch Wing Commander now. :D

GQNammer
05-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Didn't they already make a movie like this? Wasn't it called "Lord Of the Rings"

:rofl:

They had the humans, Night Elves, Orcs, and Undead. Plus big ass trees walking around and such.

black_radiation
05-21-2006, 10:58 PM
wut about a diablo 1/2/LOD movie? lol that would be so much better seeing as it wouldnt be similar to lotr like WOW will be...

Seanith
05-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by black_radiation
wut about a diablo 1/2/LOD movie? lol that would be so much better seeing as it wouldnt be similar to lotr like WOW will be...

A diablo movie would be sweet. It would be able to better incorporate its storyline than WOW imo.