PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Trailer

2000_SI
05-09-2006, 05:01 PM
May 9, 2006 - Microsoft saved the big shot for last and just announced Halo 3 exclusively for the Xbox 360 and showed a teaser trailer at the Microsoft Press Conference at the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

According to Bungie.net Halo 3 will be the third and final game in the Halo Trilogy.

The trailer is available for download at Bungie.net and in full high-definition via Xbox Live. The entire trailer is rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360 using the current version of the Halo 3 engine.

"The trailer was built to have minimum impact on the development process, and while it required long hours and hard work from many, many Bungie staffers, it utilizes real-game assets, fiction and locations from parts of the 'real' game."

Accented with Marty O'Donnell's well-known Halo theme, new music was also introduced, including a resounding trumpet fanfare and a thundering brass section. A 60 piece orchestra and a 24 piece choir were hired to record the trailer. "I want the viewer to have a feeling of anticipation and wonder for the first fifty seconds or so, up until Master Chief is revealed and they realize that it's Cortana trying to tell them something," says O'Donnell.

The trailer had no glimpses of multiplayer and just one Earth-based location, but plenty of space ships and a couple of bolts of lightning.

"It was intended to be an understated announce of Halo 3 - the tone is that of mystery and suspense - the calm before the storm. I wanted to make sure that we re-introduced the Chief, show that Earth is thoroughly conquered, with Covenant everywhere, and that there is a glorious, ancient artifact buried under the Earth's crust which will provide H3 with the epic journey which we all want," said art director Marcus Lehto.

Master Chief is clearly weary and war-worn and glimpses of Cortana imply she's not doing much better. "The Chief is shown as warrior who has seen horrific battle - and it shows. The Earth is dry, barren, ravaged by the Covenant," said Lehto.

"Given the variety of character and story arcs at the end of Halo 2, we wanted to boil down our announcement to a few key threads. Cortana and the Chief being a galaxy apart is a situation we haven't seen before, and is something that is a powerful component to Halo 3. We are using her transmissions in the demo to give the viewer a few subtle clues to her situation and state of mind, without revealing any specifics we want to save for the game itself," explained C.J. Cowan, director of cinematics at Bungie.

Stay tuned for up-to-the-moment updates and our impressions from the E3.

Trailer
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

:eek:
My inner-fanboy is sharting his pants right now...

hampstor
05-09-2006, 07:10 PM
omg! there are no words to convey my joy. I can already for my productivity disappearing once this comes out. :eek:

statick
05-09-2006, 09:49 PM
:D :thumbsup: Nice!

Vagabond142
05-09-2006, 09:53 PM
PLEASE tell me that Eric Nylund will be writing the books that tie together Halo 2 and 3 as well as the missing Halo 2 novel o_O!

EDIT: Just found info that his third book (fourth in the series) is coming out THIS SUMMER wewt!

b_t
05-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
PLEASE tell me that Eric Nylund will be writing the books that tie together Halo 2 and 3 as well as the missing Halo 2 novel o_O!

EDIT: Just found info that his third book (fourth in the series) is coming out THIS SUMMER wewt!

haha YES! whoever that other chump who wrote the Halo 1 book was a terrible author

edit: and for the love of GOD
stop linking to IGN/1UP/GAMESPOT, they all suck! I will not pay for the HD version of the trailer!

HTTP://WWW.GAMETRAILERS.COM/
HD TRAILERS of EVERYTHING for FREE

ZEDGE
05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by b_t

haha YES! whoever that other chump who wrote the Halo 1 book was a terrible author

stop linking to IGN/1UP/GAMESPOT, they all suck! I will not pay for the HD version of the trailer!

I downloaded it on my 360. :D

b_t
05-09-2006, 11:39 PM
All venting aside, I was hoping for a little more from the teaser, but I am still insanely excited to see Master Chief in his element.

2000_SI
05-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by b_t

When i posted most of these, gametrailers.com didnt have thier video's up yet...

shakalaka
05-10-2006, 09:08 AM
This is fucking rubbish!

Halo 1 and Halo 2 made me buy the Xbox, and now the damn Halo 3 is gonna make my buy the freaking Xbox 360. I hate this ballocks!

calgarygts
05-10-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm going to hole myself up in my living room for another couple of months, I can see it now.....

403Gemini
05-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Looks like a full saturday, 2 cases of beer, 4 large pizzas, and a SHIT load of swearing is in the future for me and my buddy... ;)

Me and my friend released our inner demons when we played through H2 together

i think the lamest thing about the whole statement was

The trailer had no glimpses of multiplayer and just one Earth-based location, but plenty of space ships and a couple of bolts of lightning.

just made me chuckle

"plenty of space ships and a couple bolts of lightning."....

really? it takes just that to amuse audiences?

Im excited to see H3 is coming out, i want to find out the rest of the story, but that trailer... didnt really excite me at all. Not like the killzone 2 trailer... that trailer made my nipples hard.

Vagabond142
05-12-2006, 10:09 PM
... you talking about hard nipples makes baby jesus cry :cry:

ZEDGE
05-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Looks like a full saturday, 2 cases of beer, 4 large pizzas, and a SHIT load of swearing is in the future for me and my buddy... ;)

Me and my friend released our inner demons when we played through H2 together

i think the lamest thing about the whole statement was

just made me chuckle

"plenty of space ships and a couple bolts of lightning."....

really? it takes just that to amuse audiences?

Im excited to see H3 is coming out, i want to find out the rest of the story, but that trailer... didnt really excite me at all. Not like the killzone 2 trailer... that trailer made my nipples hard.

The Killzone trailer was just a movie.. :thumbsdow

403Gemini
05-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

The Killzone trailer was just a movie.. :thumbsdow

which is quite disappointing since ps3 promised thats what their graphics would look like.

what a let down

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 05:41 AM
The Killzone trailer was just a movie..

So is the Halo 3 trailer ..pure CGI

ZEDGE
05-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by deadsoulasis

I am not so sure about that, it looks more like in game graphics than the BS Killzone trailer did. It looks pretty close to the 360 games we are seeing in motion at E3. :dunno:

But who knows.

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Well Its Halo ...it will be a cool game ....bungie always makes good games

Xtrema
05-14-2006, 08:58 AM

It look just crappy enough that you can tell it's realtime and not rendered like most stuff Sony has shown.

But I never understand the Halo craze. But owning a 360 now I may start to learn what all the fuzz is about.

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Well just after seeing a gameplay video of motorstorm PS3

I will have to wait and see how it looks in reality to judge
But I agree ....sony failed on 'some' levels at E3

2002civic
05-14-2006, 09:55 AM
should be fun:thumbsup:

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 10:37 AM
should be fun

Thats what nintendo is really trying to push ...
not graphics ...but is it fun enough for users.....
and what I seen at E3 ...it looks like it ...and you cant complain at the price ....and getting basically every nintendo game ...in the end

403Gemini
05-14-2006, 03:09 PM

no halo game had CGI's, every Halo game cut scene was all in game graphics

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 03:18 PM
''''''no halo game had CGI's, every Halo game cut scene was all in game graphics''''

I did not know that

Good then the game will sell (like I didnt know that from the Halo name alone)

$lick_rYz
06-04-2006, 08:51 AM
halo 2 sucked lets hope they redeem themselves with halo 3...of course i have to fukin buy da x360 system first...is anyone sellin' their xbox 360

ZEDGE
06-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Here is a new vid, kind of a making of the trailer.. and yea it was "in game". What you see is what you will be playing they say.

Not sure how big it is, takes few min.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/3/3/F33EE031-FCD3-4189-AE59-1E70A72F7962/H3E3_Bnet_medium_ST.mov

j0m3r
06-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Im gonna take a month of work when this game comes up... gotta stock up on those rice krispies :thumbsup:

Sprinter
07-20-2006, 09:56 AM
It would be funny if they took his helmet off and revealed his true identity.... JACK BAUER

spyce
07-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by j0m3r
Im gonna take a month of work when this game comes up... gotta stock up on those rice krispies :thumbsup:

Didnt you take months off school to play halo 2? LOL :rofl: