PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War

ZEDGE
05-09-2006, 09:35 PM
OMG>>>

I will own this. :eek:

Some gameplay

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6149784&pid=928234&rgroup=e32006_story

Trailer

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6130291&pid=928234

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/706/706377/e3-2006-new-gears-of-war-screens-20060509031015198.jpg
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/706/706377/e3-2006-new-gears-of-war-screens-20060509031020197.jpg
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/706/706377/e3-2006-new-gears-of-war-screens-20060509031014338.jpg

vietdood
05-10-2006, 08:54 PM
as soon as i saw the XBOX 360 logo at the end. I was already sold. Can't wait for this game

habsfan
05-10-2006, 09:28 PM
it does look pretty damn sweet. 360 is slowly stealing me away from sony

skyline19
05-10-2006, 09:45 PM
is this just another shoot'em up game where one guy can literally take out an army of monsters or does it actually have a plot?

from what ive seen so far it just looks like another quake although i must admit the graphics are decent

403Gemini
05-10-2006, 09:51 PM
looks sweet indeed

also i heard a rumor that its going to be a co-op game too(?)

can anybody confirm this?

ZEDGE
05-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Just saw the clip on G4 with Cliffy B showing off the game. Fucking rad.

Skyline its not a traditional run n gun quake type game. You use cover alot.
There is coop play and regular multiplayer too.

ZEDGE
05-11-2006, 11:55 PM
:eek:

Ack I love this shit.

Better vid, shows off more of the first level..

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/3162/Gears-of-War-E3-2006-Demo/

403Gemini
05-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE
Just saw the clip on G4 with Cliffy B showing off the game. Fucking rad.

Skyline its not a traditional run n gun quake type game. You use cover alot.
There is coop play and regular multiplayer too.

co-op is what im lookin forward too :thumbsup:

Kamen
05-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Man that was sweet. Did the guy have god mode on or something he got shot so much!

I hope the actual game isn't that repetitive though, but otherwise wicked. :thumbsup:

GQBalla
05-13-2006, 12:44 PM
hrm both links were to the same trailer i didn't cath wha tthe story was. is he shooting monsters or something?

he was gettin shot like crazy though.

cool lookin game but i dont have a 360...

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 06:20 AM
awesome game ...just a shame they look 'like clay animations' ...takes away from realism in my eyes ...but maybe im going blind or something

Jayson
05-14-2006, 07:51 AM
will they be releasing this game for PC?

iceburns288
05-14-2006, 08:20 AM
By the way, it's got 8 player co-op on XBL!:clap:

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 08:21 AM
[Epics games quote]

A PC version of Gears of War has been confirmed by Epic Games, possibly featuring some bonus content not seen in the Xbox 360 version. However, with the PC port not taking place until after the Xbox 360 version's release (expected in late 2006), its likely that we won't see Gears on the PC until 2007 after the holiday season when all the hype dies down on the console side of things .

ZEDGE
05-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by deadsoulasis
[Epics games quote]

A PC version of Gears of War has been confirmed by Epic Games, possibly featuring some bonus content not seen in the Xbox 360 version. However, with the PC port not taking place until after the Xbox 360 version's release (expected in late 2006), its likely that we won't see Gears on the PC until 2007 after the holiday season when all the hype dies down on the console side of things .

Not interested... No desire to upgrade my pc to play games anymore, it will probably take a monster pc to play.

Xtrema
05-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE
Not interested... No desire to upgrade my pc to play games anymore, it will probably take a monster pc to play.

That's the whole point of 360.

For the PC version for GRAW to be on par with 360, you'll need a 512MB 7900, 2GB of RAM and 3Ghz+ CPU.

Last I checked that's about $600+ for the video card alone. No thanks.

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Im sure the direct X 10 cards will surpass the 600 bucks mark as well come 2007.....

So all these guys bitching at how much the PS3 is ...better check your head out ...cause its a pricepoint which I feel is pretty fair for what you get ...even taking away the Blu-Ray aspect out of it .....

A decent computer is gunna run well over the $1000 dollar mark ..(as does the standard Blu-Ray drives at the moment) .mine sure did ..and my laptop as well....which is crap anyhow for gaming ....(retarded U1 ATI integrated 64meg video) what a rip off now when I think about it

Xtrema
05-14-2006, 10:10 AM
So all these guys bitching at how much the PS3 is ...better check your head out ...cause its a pricepoint which I feel is pretty fair for what you get ...even taking away the Blu-Ray aspect out of it .....

Well both 360 and PS3 are loss leaders. Both Sony and MS can afford to lose $$ to get you buy games. Same model won't work in the PC world. Especially you can pretty much pirate anything in PC realm.

When you compare PS3 to 360, PS3 is $50 more but get you a Blu Ray drive. Which I think it's a good deal IF Blu Ray wins the format war. But if it becomes the next UMD/MiniDisc/Betamax (history isn't kind to Sony formats), then it became $50 too expensive.

Also by Nov, MS can produce 360 much cheaper because technology already aged 1 year. If MS decided to pass on the saving, price may drop. This will make the equivalently powered PS3 look way over priced. And don't kid youself about PS3 being better on hardware. Sony is basically 1 year late and other than the blu ray drive, offers nothing new compare to 360 other than game developers that's backing them.

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 10:33 AM
I can agrue this all day but I cant *l*

Well Blu-Ray does have awesome storage ..I cant see it failing in the market but time will tell....maybe HD-DVD will be the next big thing..no one knows till that happens in time

Look for example on PSP ...the UMD faded away ..but thats for a totally different reason ...mainly one is the normal dvd is cheaper ...

I paid 200 bucks for my PSP ...was it alot for a handheld? sure is ....but then again ...ISO's came out and ...firmware hacks ..so all of a sudden the ol version 1.5 was 'cool' to have ...homebrew and such ...thousands of dollars of free games/HB/music/movies ......so did I feel I was ripped off buying a PSP? not in the least ..it paid for itself like 50 times over in my case ....

Sony has learned from this....and no I am not a Sony fanboy....

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 10:41 AM
'''''''''Especially you can pretty much pirate anything in PC realm.''''

Same with Xbox 1 ,same as gamecube....same as PS2 games

As im sure 360 will have pirated games in the end as well ...

Microsoft has claimed it will not happen....thats all the modding guys need to hear and they will prove microsot wrong...just have to wait and see

Xtrema
05-14-2006, 11:37 AM
'''''''''Especially you can pretty much pirate anything in PC realm.''''

Same with Xbox 1 ,same as gamecube....same as PS2 games

As im sure 360 will have pirated games in the end as well ...

Microsoft has claimed it will not happen....thats all the modding guys need to hear and they will prove microsot wrong...just have to wait and see

Xbox was cracked but Xbox live wasn't. Which is half the expericence of Xbox.

It's been close to 8 months and I still havn't seen a crack for 360. With suchs a high profile target, the community should've come up with something by now. Sony will learn from this and implement their own scheme.

But I wonder if Sony will implement PS3 with lack of security. That way, 360 people will be swayed back. I know I would.

Well Blu-Ray does have awesome storage ..I cant see it failing in the market but time will tell....maybe HD-DVD will be the next big thing..no one knows till that happens in time

Look for example on PSP ...the UMD faded away ..but thats for a totally different reason ...mainly one is the normal dvd is cheaper ...

UMD shown that a pushing a format via new device doesn't work. Betamax shown that superior technology doesn't guarantee a victory. MiniDisc shows that outrage license fee would scare people with contents away. And the fact that we are still buying new CD albums 30 years later means that once consumer are attached to a media, it's hard to intorudce a new one.

Few contents are pushing the limit of next gen DVD to make people care. I predicted that Blu-Ray and HD-DVD would be another LD. It would never reach mass market and serve only niche enthauist market.

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 01:56 PM
time will tell though

So you dont believe Xbox360 wont be 'hacked' as they say?

Well there as been key ID broken on the Samsung drive/ and hitachi/xplorer mod/unicode UFD already copied from every game so far .......
There is already full game dumps already on people's HD's and DVDR's ....Im one of them ,....I have 13 on discs

Still dont think a real 'useable' hack will be made though???

Come back by november and tell me I was wrong though

...till then .......

Time to get busy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XILATSigbqQ&search=360%20hacked)
wonder what this does? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqoXdz6nun8&search=360%20backup)

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 01:58 PM
'''''''''''I predicted that Blu-Ray and HD-DVD would be another LD. It would never reach mass market and serve only niche enthauist market.'''''''''''''''''''

Well then your belief is like saying the xbox 360 HD-add on drive will fail as well
.....Microsoft must believe that it will be bought ...or they wouldnt have created it (and yes it will be over 100 dollars for the drive) so right there ...price wise ....PS3/Xbox360 are pretty close to equal now if you bought Xbox360 (500bucks)Xbox Gold live (80 bucks)and the HD-drive add-On......(lets just say 100)
(couldnt resist)

PS3=650 canadian
Xbox360=680 canadian

My money is on Blu-Ray though if they do create a blank media from it ...the space alone ...would make people buy
it and why? Its a cheaper storage medium....

silly me they already did (I must be dumb *lmao* sorry I cant help laughing at the fat girl matrix avatar

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/storage/display/20060106104417.html

Xbox was cracked but Xbox live wasn't.
Hm yes it was ...its called XKia/xbconnect

But im still getting them all cause Im a gamer ...and I still buy retail games ....but if the world didnt ...copied every game ..................................................................................................the gaming market would have died after SNES im sure

ZEDGE
05-14-2006, 04:27 PM

PS3=650 canadian
Xbox360=680 canadian

There is one big difference, with Xbox 360 you have a choice.

They are not forcing HD DVD on you like Sony is with Blu Ray.

You can buy a core system (360) for 399 and play games right away..

Basic PS3 will be 549... + any games you may buy...

That 150 bucks is two, maybe three games, thats alot.

deadsoulasis
05-14-2006, 04:31 PM
I knew that would twist some panties when I posted that *lol*
lets just say average $150 bucks ...going by what you said

not bad for a blu-ray player ,and 40 gig's extra space and wifi and linux

considering best buy has them for $1299 Jun 30th

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10073990&catid=20208#

and the xbox 360 core system sucks .NO hard drive on the core ......and you cant play online so thats NOT even a compared match up price wise but Ill let it slide

no matter how you swing it ....PS3 is a good deal for the hardware your buying ...(as of now) sooner or later......................... people will wake up to reality

iceburns288
05-14-2006, 06:38 PM
A PS3 is a good deal for the hardware, but an X360 is a better one. Deal with it.;)

ZEDGE
05-14-2006, 06:38 PM

and the xbox 360 core system sucks .NO hard drive on the core ......and you cant play online so thats NOT even a compared match up price wise but Ill let it slide

lol

my panties are not in a bunch.. and I dont know where you got this info?????

You sure the hell can play online with a core system..you just need a mem card, the HD is not required.

deadsoulasis
05-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Its not that great of a deal buying a core 360
The deal is the premium (thats why microsoft priced it that way)

And no Hard drive on the 360 is a waste if you ask me...cant throw on video or music or anything

Besides the memory card is 50 bucks (so taking that route in account for the Xbox 360 ....for now)

Having silver Live is kinda a waste of why Live was created for :drama: *lmao*

Microsoft made it that way so people WANT to have a HardDrive (for features)....WANT to have GOLD Live (after people disliked Silver membership.... ...i know I was)...(for all features)

So there smart ...Bill Gates isnt a billionaire from stupid ideas

ZEDGE either way ...with that ...its now only around 100 bucks difference ...which isnt even 2 games (brand new at least)

ZEDGE
05-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Its not that great of a deal buying a core 360
The deal is the premium (thats why microsoft priced it that way)

And no Hard drive on the 360 is a waste if you ask me...cant throw on video or music or anything

Besides the memory card is 50 bucks (so taking that route in account for the Xbox 360 ....for now)

Having silver Live is kinda a waste of why Live was created for :drama: *lmao*

Microsoft made it that way so people WANT to have a HardDrive (for features)....WANT to have GOLD Live (after people disliked Silver membership.... ...i know I was)...(for all features)

So there smart ...Bill Gates isnt a billionaire from stupid ideas

ZEDGE either way ...with that ...its now only around 100 bucks difference ...which isnt even 2 games (brand new at least)

One think your missing... Sony has not said matchmaking is free, they just said thier basic online service is free.. it could be just like xbox live silver.. dont give Sony too much credit, if they can profit off something they surely will.

deadsoulasis
05-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Time will tell though ZEDGE....and november is a long way off still ....

habsfan
08-03-2006, 02:48 PM
gears of war will ship november 12th :thumbsup:

Sprinter
08-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Soo excited for this game, first time i've seen this, but nothing will beat Halo 3 :thumbsup:

Xtrema
08-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Haha 5 days before PS3 drops.

Nice.

DepTrotter
08-07-2006, 11:08 AM
STRATEGICCCCCCCC