PDA

View Full Version : Racing seats

JspecB16
05-10-2006, 08:43 AM
I have a pair of racing seats I'm looking to have installed, does anyone know a good place to get this done?

JspecB16
05-10-2006, 09:16 AM
ANYONE?

SinisterProbeGt
05-10-2006, 09:20 AM
SpeedTECH
Concept1
E-Mortal Customs

Do youhave the right brackets and hardware?

JspecB16
05-10-2006, 09:24 AM
I have the rails that the seats go on and a bunch of bolts, but I don't know about brackets.

SilverBoost
05-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah my car required sliders, brackets AND adaptor plates from SPARCO to make it fit. If you have everything then it takes all of 30 minutes to bolt it into the car, but I'm guessing you may not know, so yeah bring it in to a shop and they may end up making custom brackets anyhow which might even be cheaper. I bought my Torinos 2nd hand, but my brackets and etc all came from SPARCO and I paid huge for it all. :(

03ozwhip
05-10-2006, 08:45 PM
go to ebay thats where i got my seat brackets and they worked perfect...if you wanna do it yourself.

cripson
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
um, Hey, How are ur racing seats? Are they comfortable? like not cramp uo and stuff? I'm like 5'10 150lb.. , but is it really comfortable over time? Like nice seats from Sparco, Momo ect.

SilverBoost
05-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by cripson
um, Hey, How are ur racing seats? Are they comfortable? like not cramp uo and stuff? I'm like 5'10 150lb.. , but is it really comfortable over time? Like nice seats from Sparco, Momo ect.

I have SPARCO Torinos and I've driven to Ontario and back in them. Very comfy over long hauls. Fixed seats will tend ot be a little less comfortable over long trips because they don't allow you to shift very much.

http://www.importeast.ca/specv/may05.jpg

http://www.importeast.ca/specv/may04.jpg

Zephyr
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM
sparco sucks at brackets because they raise the seat higher than stock :thumbsdow

maximus
05-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

I have SPARCO Torinos and I've driven to Ontario and back in them. Very comfy over long hauls. Fixed seats will tend ot be a little less comfortable over long trips because they don't allow you to shift very much.

I've had Torinos in 2 of my cars and fixed ones in another one (Sparco Sprints). I have to say that the Torinos are very comfortable. I've driven to edmonton countless times and was doing sales in southern alberta so drove alot. Fixed ones weren't that bad but Torinos were better.

Originally posted by Zephyr
sparco sucks at brackets because they raise the seat higher than stock :thumbsdow

Not for VW's.

SilverBoost
05-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by maximus

Not for VW's.

yeah it depends on the application. They raised mine slightly however, but I didn't mind because my stock seats seemed a bit low and I looked like a short ass when dirving. :)

If you made your own brackets you coudl get them lower because you wouldn't need all the adaptor palte shit to make thier universal brackets work.

peter_pan
05-14-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm looking for racing seats too. Which stores has the best selection of seats available, online and in person? BTW, I live in GTA.

SilverBoost
05-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by peter_pan
I'm looking for racing seats too. Which stores has the best selection of seats available, online and in person? BTW, I live in GTA.

Isn't JRP your local SPARCO distributor in Toronto? I'm sure you sould find other places as well, but the last tiem I was there they a nice selection. (Was a long time ago) :)