PDA

View Full Version : engine noise in speakers...ground??

core_upt
03-31-2003, 12:49 AM
If I'm getting noise from the engine (a whine that follows my revs up and down) from my speakers and sub, is a weak ground the problem?? All my speakers are amplified as well as the sub so methinks this is the problem but I'm not 100% sure.

I have two amps and a cap grounded at the same spot; the metal is bare, the screw is not painted and the connection is tight, but could this still cause problems.

Please forgive my ignorance. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J

rayray
03-31-2003, 12:51 AM
probably a grounding issue like you said.

you may want to check your speaker and RCA cables as well... make sure they are not running close to any power wires. power wires and speaker wires should be running along different sides of the car is possible.

-rayray

rhizzle
03-31-2003, 01:01 AM
ya my buddy had the same problem in his 89 mustang GT, it was ground wiring.

JohnnyBlaze
03-31-2003, 08:13 PM
do u get this whining sound when your deck is playing? and no whining sound when the deck if off?
if u do then its something with the rca's

5gluder
03-31-2003, 09:01 PM
Did you run your rca's and power wire together? if so, that's probably your problem.

Porsche 944
04-13-2003, 01:57 PM
hey i got the same pro i got a porshce 944 and my kicker AMP does the same thing i think they might be my RCA wires cause when i took ones out the voice got really bad and when i took the bad ones out it got better no enigne sound if any know the correct prob msg me back

ill be really thank full

Aizaz