Xtreme13
05-11-2006, 01:19 PM
bump

Xtreme13
05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
SOLD

Oiler11
05-12-2006, 10:12 PM
His system, advertised as a 3.2Ghz system, with 128MB ATI Video was actually a 3.0Ghz system with integrated Intel video.

We met downtown, and I trusted him, as he is from Beyond, so I did not feel a need to power it on and test it. When I did so, I was pretty disappointed. Going from 128MB ATI AGP card to integrated was by far the worse of the 2 errors.

I called him immediately after discovering this, and he apologized and offered a refund Friday afternoon. Well, guess what, Friday afternoon comes and goes, and he is not returning my calls, and his lastest PM is basically a PFO - to sum "I got a good deal anyways, so I do not get a refund".

I don't want a 3.0Ghz, integrated video system. I did not intend to purchase such a system.

How would you guys go about getting this fixed?

liquidboi69
05-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Yikes =\. Hope everything works out. Mabey contact a moderator, see what they can do.

Vagabond142
05-12-2006, 10:14 PM
^^^ Not trying to rain on a parade... but since it was a non-invoice, private sale, I think you're SOL. I would be mightily pissed off too, and I really hate people that lie about what they're selling :thumbsdow There is always the option of taking a large metal baseball bat and finding this guy, but that would lead to slight legal problems for you in the future :\

lewdvig
05-12-2006, 10:24 PM
It is still a lot nicer than a new $299 system.

You should be able to get your $$$ back. There are yahoos asking $650 for lesser machines on this board!

I was think throw a TV card in that box and you would have a nice media PC.

Oiler11
05-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Actually, I bought this system to replace the Dell $299 I bought just last week (I was intending to return the new Dell). The advantages of this one were 128MB AGP (*poof* gone), and of course the processor. The biggie was the AGP slot, since the Dimension 1100 I just got (2.66 Ghz celeron, 160GB hard drive and CDRW/DVD combo) was only integrated video.

Link to new $299 system discussion (http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282876&highlight=dell)

So yeah, this system has a better CPU, but smaller hard drive, no CDRW and importantly - no warranty. So no, it is not a lot nicer than a new $299 system.

And that is what he said in his latest PM too - that I should be able to sell it no probs. But who's going to buy a used integrated video system with a 80gb hd and dvd rom when then can get a new one with a larger hard drive and removable storage? Dude even had to bump his ad twice himself, and that was to get interest in a 3.2ghz, AGP system. Will it really be that easy to sell a 3.0ghz, integrated video system? And why should that be my concern?

I offered him a compromise in the latest PM, that I would keep the system as is if he shot back $40 - so far no response on that one. Surprise.

Originally posted by lewdvig
It is still a lot nicer than a new $299 system.

You should be able to get your $$$ back. There are yahoos asking $650 for lesser machines on this board!

I was think throw a TV card in that box and you would have a nice media PC.

lewdvig
05-13-2006, 01:48 AM
It is a bummer, no doubt.

What kind of video card did you think it had? 128 MB ATI could mean anything - some of which are not all that much better than Intel's GMA.

I would consider a P4 and video slot nicer than the $299 deal, but that is just me.

Bottom line is caveat emptor - not what you want to hear but I can't see what recourse you have. Even the original post is gone.

But I still don't think you got a terrible deal.

thetrousertrout
05-13-2006, 09:42 AM
I feel for you!
You bought and payed for a p4 3.2 gig system with a video card and got someting completely different than what you were told of... It doesnt matter if the parts that you recieved are better than what you allready had, You payed for something other than what you recieved and didnt get it period!!!

To all those people who are saying that you still got a good deal I have a Ferrari 355 for sale and want $5000 for it but your going to get a Fiero Kit car...still better than your Dodge colt though and its still a great price!

I would be pissed!

lewdvig
05-13-2006, 11:24 AM
OK be pissed then. Or you can just look at the bright side.

All the piss in the world won't change the deal now.

moeman
05-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Good point. I'm a trusting sort of guy and I've been burnt by it in the past. But in the end, although I'm pissed at whoever burnt me, I'm ultimately responsible for the error if I didn't check everything out before buying it.

I wouldn't buy something from this Xtreme guy without being 100% certain of it. There's another guy here that I would treat the same and he knows who he is. But that's just me. I'm still a trusting sort and hope people trust me back because of it.