PDA

View Full Version : Few questions bout my mercedes...

cycosis
05-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Alright, so i picked up an old 89 420 SEL and its kind of grown on me and is running very well. The front bumper is all cracked and shitty and rusted so i want to get a new one except I figure it would be too hard and expensive to find a stock one so I was wondering if anyone knew of any VIP style type bumper sites for old mercedes, something low profile, no outrageous kits or anything. Second, my fornt grill is also in terrible condition so I'm wondering where I should put my efforts into looking for a better used and or new one... Thirdly, I need soem better music in the old thing causae its only got a tape deck. I heard a rumor that its ahrd to install aftermarket decks and the stock speakers sound really shitty with them, I dont want to blow a bunch of money on an extreme system, i jsut want to listen to a couple cds. Anyone know if this is true? Thx for the help in advance.

Hakkola
05-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Depends on what speaker package your car came with, I put a sweet deck in my car with stock speakers and it sounds great.

Check with tunerworks or ebay for a front bumper, I'm telling you now though the car will look funny with most after market bumpers if you only do the front, because the clearance will be much lower.

It's not hard to install an aftermarket deck, my car originally had a tape deck too.

statick
05-11-2006, 08:18 AM
:werd: Ebay is almost the best way to go.

natejj
05-11-2006, 04:16 PM
As long as you can find the correct harness for the deck, there should be no trouble installing an aftermarket cd player.

soupey
05-11-2006, 05:15 PM
get a harness, buy a new deck, see if u like the sound, if u dont, upgrade the front speakers first, then see if u like the sound again, if ur still not satisfied, go ahead and get the rear speakers upgraded....and if ur still not satisfied...then....u didnt pay enough for ur components...

u cud alwyas add on subs, but usually just getting the other 4 speakers upgraded will be enough