PDA

View Full Version : Are you importing a vehicle from USA this week?? I could transport.

Rowdy
05-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I just purchased a Dodge Ram 3500 from Dallas. Bought it this morning and will be flying to Dallas on Tues, or Wed to drive it back. If anyone is importing a vehicle from Dallas, or any where in between, Dallas and Calgary. I could pick up a U-Haul flat deck trailer and transport it back for you. I was thinking this would help save me some transportation costs by splitting it with someone. I have imported vehicles before and would be willing to help someone out, on the process, if they wanted to do this. I could bring it to Montana, and you could do it yourself, or meet at the border you do your own paperwork, or bring it all the way for you. I am flexible, I am just hoping to find a way to save a bit on my transport costs, and if it helps a fellow member...well thats always cool too. Please if you are interested PM me, but you need to act fast, and please don't PM me with questions about doing it on different dates, my plans are in place. I am hoping I will find someone that this idea may already fit with.

Thanks

EnRich
05-11-2006, 12:25 PM
whoa what a nice guy. props to you bro :thumbsup:

Rowdy
05-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks...........I hope I find a taker though, its a 2000 mile drive back LOL, and good thing our dollar is getting stronger cause the gas price keeps climbing. I wonder what kind of economy I will get in an 06 Ram Mega Cab with the Cummins? I am hoping I can manage 20mpg.

kaput
05-11-2006, 05:09 PM

nismodrifter
05-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Ohhhh CTD....love em!! Very nice choice!

Rowdy
05-11-2006, 08:25 PM
So I had 1 reply, which got me looking further into what I would cost somebody if they want me to haul back for them. I figure $1000.00 Canadian. I would pay for the flat deck rental, and all the other transport costs, back to the border or all the way to Calgary. You would need to do all your own border work( I can help someone if they are unfamilier). If you wanted me to do all the border stuff to, we would need to talk about that and work out a rate, I am really not sure. And I am thinking the vehicle would have to be in my name for me to do the paperwork, but again not sure, its possible that I could act as an agent for someone else. A call to Canada Customs would answer that. But I haven't asked that yet.

The best would be for someone to either meet me in Montana with their own plate to drive it across, or meet me at the border do their own papers, and just keep it on the trailer all the way to Calgary.

I know most tranport companies are about 2100 bucks from Dallas to Calgary, and its anywhere from a 4 - 8 week time frame for the delivery.

I know people are wondering what it would cost to go and get it themselves. Here is my estimate for myself.

$ 500.00 airfare
$ 300.00 fuel (2000 miles - 20 mpg - $3.00 gl)
$ 200.00 hotels (3 nights cheap places)
$ 150.00 food and cabs
Total = $1150.00 USD ( give or take a bit my airfare was in CDN$)

The trailer is $355.00 USD from Uhaul (flat deck not just axle)
add in more fuel cost, and my running around. I think $1000.00 is pretty good deal.

Anyway hope this helps you all, and hope we can work it out.

Rowdy
05-12-2006, 06:59 AM
I know this leaves people little time. But bumping it up anyways.

Rowdy
05-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I saw this nice 94 Supra Twin Turbo. It would fit well for a trailer ride back. If anyone is interested.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=188109767&dealer_id=514402&car_year=1994&search_type=both&make=TOYOTA&distance=100&model=SUPRA&address=75201&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1147468110516&min_price=&end_year=2007&start_year=1993&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=90

/////AMG
05-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm sure you would have gotten a lot more responses if you gave a few weeks in advance for those who wouldn't have the time to do this.

But it wa sa nice suggestion anyway. Good luck!

Free bump!

Rowdy
05-12-2006, 03:34 PM
I am sure I would have, but that was not possible. I did not anticipate making this buy, but it happened to work out and now I have to drive it back. And I have to get it asap.

Here's another decent Supra, for those that might be looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-Toyota-Supra-Twin-Turbo_W0QQitemZ4637999202QQcategoryZ6447QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

snowcatxx87
05-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Only if this was this time next year, you could have brought up a texas M3 ;)

And a grand is very fair, a transportation service would be 3K.

Rowdy
05-13-2006, 06:41 PM
bump

kaput
05-13-2006, 10:56 PM

Rowdy
05-14-2006, 07:27 AM
I buy through auctions with strict inspection procedures and good arbitration policies. But you need to be a licenced dealer to bid there. Most people buy off ebay or from trader ads. In those cases you need to find a good seller who can provide tons of pics of exactly what you need to see, and has some good service history on the car. But even then its always a risk, you can get down there and discover you were mislead. I have some recourse if its not right, but its the reason I wanna go down and pick it up rather than using a transport service, that won't get it up here for 6 weeks. Just do everything you can to get info on the car. If they have service history for it, call the dealer ship and verify, use Carfax (always). And if the price is too good to be true then you know for sure something is up.

riceeater
05-14-2006, 07:33 AM
i bought my srt4 from south dakota.... its no big deal flying into a new town, and driving back a few thousand KMs... imo the biggest deterrent for NOT buying from the states is that you CANNOT get the warranty transferred over... you can either pay extra for it from hte dealers here once you get it over, or oyu can choose to saveyourself the $3000+ in warranty and just take a chance... i didnt care about warranty since i race the srt and would void it anyways, but its something you should know...

also, make sure you fax in your forms as soon as you buy the car... sometimes your car will take 72 hours to clear, and you dont want to be waiting at the boarder for a day ;)

Rowdy
05-14-2006, 07:40 AM
all depends on what you buy, there a few manufacturers it seems that don't honour cross border warranty (honda/acura being worst) but many others are no problem. Just call and find out before you buy.

wrxer1
05-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Is there anyway you would be passing through Denver? I may be buying a mint lexus in the next few days....
Please PM me ASAP
Thx