PDA

View Full Version : Scam or what?

Boosted_TL
05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
So I listed my car in the Canada Trader today and I just received a call from a guy.

He asked me if I had a Mustang for sale and I said yes. He then said if he can get me my asking price, would I pay his company $150 in service fees. The company is called Carz4u and has a webpage..... www.carz4u.biz

He said he works like a recruiting style business, someone calls in and says they are looking for a supercharged mustang and gives him all the details of what he wants and then he goes and finds what his client is looking for. So thats why he is calling me. The $150 is refundable if the car doesnt sell.

Anyone ever dealt with this before? I sure as hell havent!

Pee_Sack
05-11-2006, 12:52 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/images/top_search.gif

:closed: :closed: :closed:

Ntense_SpecV
05-11-2006, 12:53 PM
This was brought up here before - search and you will find out that you don't always get your money back if they don't sell your car in the required time frame.

I wouldn't want to waste my 150 when I could list it in autotrader for less and have it sell faster.

mac_82
05-11-2006, 12:53 PM
:bullshit:

sounds like the exact same scam as great cars and trucks.

Boosted_TL
05-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
http://forums.beyond.ca/images/top_search.gif

:closed: :closed: :closed:

Search under what smart guy? Its easier for me to get answers by creating a thread. I dont have time to waste searching, if you search under carz4u, nothing comes up.....hense the end of my searching troubles.

nonsane
05-11-2006, 01:38 PM
So by your logic wasting everyone elses time is much better than wasting your own?

have respect.

afrotl
05-11-2006, 01:43 PM
long story short it is a SCAM.........You will never get that money back if your car does not sell.:drama:

calgarys_finest
05-11-2006, 01:45 PM
how is he wasting others time? if you dont want to help him dont if you dont want to read this dont. you wasted 3 seconds of my life reading your post. you owe me.

Def_3
05-11-2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.carz4u.biz/index.php?page=classifieds_detail&detail=771

is this your mustang?

teggypimp95
05-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Dont do it, same as great cars and trucks, and it took me a long time to get my money back after i dident even recieve one 1 on my car in there 90 day period.

Boosted_TL
05-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by nonsane
So by your logic wasting everyone elses time is much better than wasting your own?

have respect.

You chose to read the thread, you wasted your own time. I put in the 20 seconds of searching for carz4u and nothing came up.

Originally posted by afrotl
long story short it is a SCAM.........You will never get that money back if your car does not sell.:drama:

Thanks dude

Originally posted by calgarys_finest
how is he wasting others time? if you dont want to help him dont if you dont want to read this dont. you wasted 3 seconds of my life reading your post. you owe me.

Exactly

Originally posted by Def_3
http://www.carz4u.biz/index.php?page=classifieds_detail&detail=771

is this your mustang?

Nope, thats not mine......this is......http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129862

romanianmagic10
05-11-2006, 03:06 PM
previous car was a 1990 Mazda MPV and the day after i listed it in autotrader a guy called saying he could get me probably 1 g over asking price witch was 2800 if the car did not have problems and would pass insurance inspections. Said it would cost me $100 and if the car doesn't sell in 90 days he will be giving me my money back. i was like ok budy 1st you don't evan give me your name or your company name you call me at 9 pm from a cell phone and you do smell like BS. He asked me to believe him allmost beging and then what he tolled me is that he workes with those companies that give you credit if you have a home phone and a banck acount , basiclly they give credit to people that filled for banckrupcy or have bad credit or no credit one of those 1 800 your approved companies.

Scam dude. :drama:

4doorj
05-11-2006, 04:12 PM
yeah dude! it sounds like a scam...
a company tried to call me too when i was selling
they are tricky... they first started off with...

"hey we have a buyer for your car"
they get u all excited
then say u have to put 150 and they will call u when its sold:dunno:
i hung up on them after

nonsane
05-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
[B]

You chose to read the thread, you wasted your own time. I put in the 20 seconds of searching for carz4u and nothing came up.

Search for "SCAM" 5th/6th down.

kaput
05-12-2006, 08:09 AM

Mazstyle
05-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Make a deal where you can pay him after he finds a buyer. Actually thats a good idea, someone here should set up a site like that and give me royalties for the idea.

When I was selling my SRT-4, I gotta tons of calls from these companies and all I would say is if your so confident it will sell, then why can't I pay you after? usually followed by me hanging up on them...