PDA

View Full Version : saving info on sim card

core_upt
05-11-2006, 01:05 PM
my current provider is fido with whom i have been for about 7 years...had the same phone number and same sim card all that time. of course i have accumulated a ton of numbers in that time and have a growing concern:

is there a way to save all the info on my sim card somewhere else?

I'm just thinking if my phone gets lost/stolen, something fries, gets damaged, etc. I don't want to lose all that info? anything i can do?

shakalaka
05-11-2006, 01:06 PM
If you have the software that came with your phone and USB cable. You can use them to synchronise your computer and phone. It saves all the necessary information from the phone to the computer.
You can also buy some kinda small gadgets from ebay for quite cheap actually and I think they can store the info from the sim card on them and they can be used to read the information as well. If you try searching on ebay, look for 'sim readers' or something along those lines.

wesseam
05-11-2006, 01:07 PM
^
edit: beat me to it, with a better explanation

some phone come with software that allows you to upload your numbers from your phone to you computer. depending on the phone you might be ablt to do that.

Thaco
05-11-2006, 02:18 PM
also some phones allow you to store stuff on your phone and or sim car, when i changed from rogers to fido i had an unlocked phone so i moved all my numbers from the sim to the phone, dumped in my rido sim and it was all happy :D

shakalaka
05-11-2006, 02:21 PM
^^Pretty much every phone can do that. His question was, if his phone get's lost or stolen the SIM card with numbers would be in it and everything would be gone. So sending numbers from the phone to sim or vice versa wouldn't do anything.

Thaco
05-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
^^Pretty much every phone can do that. His question was, if his phone get's lost or stolen the SIM card with numbers would be in it and everything would be gone. So sending numbers from the phone to sim or vice versa wouldn't do anything.

he also mentioned it getting damaged, so if his numbers were all stored on both the phone and sim then that would be one way to recover them...

Weapon_R
05-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Circuit city has a little sim card backup reader. I think it was $40.

core_upt
05-14-2006, 08:17 PM
O, thanks guys

I searched "SIM backup" on google and there's a bunch of little devices you drop your SIM card into, it stores the info, then can transfer to your computer via USB. Myu phone didnot come with USB cables, so think I'll just order one of these of the interweb.

I'll post results/experience for others one its done.