PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gone to Belgo?

delsol_rockstar
05-11-2006, 01:11 PM
All I've seen is billboard add's for Belgo Brassari. Now im wondering has anyone gone there. I would like to know if its great food or just ok, and what is the general cost of the meals?

BebeAphrodite
05-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Umm the food for me was okay/good. And it's expensive! I can't seem to remember the prices of their entrees but the price of the duck appetizer is the only price I can remember. It was $19 for three duck related food items that were each the size of a toonie.

delsol_rockstar
05-11-2006, 01:20 PM
wow ok good thing i asked

delsol_rockstar
05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
any onther reviews?

DowntownCowboy
05-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I posted a review a few months back, just search the forums for Belgo, or linked here:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121752&highlight=belgo

It is pricey, but thats what they're catering towards. They have some interesting beers on the menu too.

RC-Cola
05-15-2006, 06:44 PM
It's alright, the food is pretty good, but pricey. It is definately "the place to be scene" right now. I would put it on par with the Chicago Chophouse with a French twist.

The highlight was the Moules avec Frites for an appetizer.

Another good choice that I think is better in the area is Vintage. I think they have a better menu and better service and slightly lower price.

bigboom
05-15-2006, 11:53 PM
i went there once and i will never go back for the price that you pay you can get a lot more elsewhere...

rockym20
05-16-2006, 10:23 AM
I've been there twice. It definitely fits in the yuppie/upwardly mobile type scene. My wife and I shared an order of Moules avec Frites (mussells and fries) for lunch last weekend and had a couple of their strawberry beers (which are very good by the way). We enjoyed it and there was enough food for the 2 of us. Not sure about the rest of the menu though. The Moules avec Frites was $20 (so, at $10/each was pretty reasonable) and the beers were around $7 each.