PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Repair parts

likwid
05-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I got into a car wreck a few days ago, with a retarded driver who made an unsafe left turn. My front end is pretty smashed up, and her insurance is paying for all the repairs, rental car, etc.. Anyways, my question is this. If it is cheaper to get an aftermarket carbon fiber hood, than to get a new OEM hood, paint it, labour costs, etc.. Would the insurance company allow me to do this, or do they only repair the car to its original state?

Thanks

natejj
05-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Why dont you call them and ask?

:confused:

gp36912
05-11-2006, 06:46 PM
depending on the car, most insurance companies would tell the body shop to go get a used hood, you can talk with the insurance company and see if they allow it.

likwid
05-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by natejj
Why dont you call them and ask?

:confused:

Thanks, Im aware that I could call them and ask, but considering it's closed right now, I thought I would see if anyone else has ever had any success with this.

natejj
05-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by likwid

Thanks, Im aware that I could call them and ask, but considering it's closed right now, I thought I would see if anyone else has ever had any success with this.

Touche.

I dont see why they wouldnt want to spend LESS money. Get them a quote for a new hood, and a quote for a CF one, and then they wont be able to say no

ninspeed
05-11-2006, 06:57 PM
do this all the time. The insurace will approve an estimate wit original parts on it, either new,used or aftermarket (depening on the insurance company). When your booking your car in, or what not tell them you want to get a diffrent hood.. you will have to pay the diffrence in price. I also charge an extra hour to the cust for hood adjustemnt on aftermarket parts... cuas i have never had an aftermarket hood fit like oem