PDA

View Full Version : Got a ride in a Lightning....

R-Audi
03-31-2003, 05:12 PM
SO I've seen this white Lightning around school (UofL) and it turns out a girl drives it. I find out later, that she is in a few classes of mine.
So I beg for a ride in the truck. First impressions are it is finished off quite nicely, Suede/Alcantara seats, Aftermarket hood, and its a lightning. We get a few blocks and she drives pretty calmly. Then she says,
her: "its not really exciting sitting in the passenger seat is it?"
me: Well, I guess not.
her: "YOU wanna drive????????????????????"
me: Ummm, HELL YEAH!!!
SO I get to drive. Take it pretty easy off the start, and the next light turns red. I have to say, temptations got the best of me. Slammed the gas, and the tires are spinning. yep, this rules. First thing she says: " I said you could drive it, not drive it like you stole it" but she said it jokingly. Anyways, this continues on. I'm just glad noone tried to race me, I couldn't of backed down. I had a great time.

Overall impressions, I really like this truck. Typically I hate driving trucks. This one felt responsive, fast ( spun tires easily, and its auto) nice interior, and it looked killer. I just dont think I could handle putting it away for the winter.
Maybe time to trade in the A4???
not quite yet. close though:thumbsup: :clap:

Ferio_vti
03-31-2003, 05:17 PM
She hot??

R-Audi
03-31-2003, 06:07 PM
Not too Bad, shes a super cool girl though. Shes a Cowgirl, so not really my type.

THREE40SEVEN
03-31-2003, 06:34 PM
Lightnings are SWEET! Very upgradable as well.

ninjak84
03-31-2003, 06:58 PM
Is it the white one at the university?
I saw it today, looks so nice!

I don't like trucks much either... and I for sures wouldn't trade the A4 in for one!

hjr
03-31-2003, 07:04 PM
pretty cool truck. but to me, a truck has to be like 6 feet tall to be worth driving, otherwise you cant drive over shit when the situation gets hairy, and we all know trucks arnt the best handlers...

Glowrider
03-31-2003, 08:00 PM
Wait for Dodge to come out with their new truck. It will make the Lightning look like child's play. :)

THREE40SEVEN
03-31-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider
Wait for Dodge to come out with their new truck. It will make the Lightning look like child's play. :)
Both trucks are aiming for the 500hp/tq range for 2004-2005.
Im sure a smaller blower pulley, exhaust and some tuning will result in some easy BIG gains for the lightning. Cant say much about the dadge... All i know is that there is always some easy hp/tq to be found in factory power adder cars/trucks...
Guess we'll wait and see;)

ninspeed
03-31-2003, 09:19 PM
Ok, ill say it now, Chevy Silverado SS... Not to bad stock.. but HUGH potential. Stock with AWD (Uses the Caddillac drivetrain).. with a 6.0l v8, NA, 345hp, 20' painted rims, lowred, diffrent body side clading, and front end, with SS embroired in the head rests, white face guages, ect.. I like it alot..

Hopefully soon it will be supercharged, and then the big three can go ata it once again.

5.9 R/T
03-31-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
Ok, ill say it now, Chevy Silverado SS... Not to bad stock.. but HUGH potential. Stock with AWD (Uses the Caddillac drivetrain).. with a 6.0l v8, NA, 345hp, 20' painted rims, lowred, diffrent body side clading, and front end, with SS embroired in the head rests, white face guages, ect.. I like it alot..

Hopefully soon it will be supercharged, and then the big three can go ata it once again.

Too little, too late.

LowRiderHD2000
04-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Too little, too late.

So true, The new Harley Truck has all that plus the S/C engine. Plus 90% of the mods out on the street for the Lightnings can fit onto the Harley. Chevy really disapointed me with the SS.

T5_X
04-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Glowrider

The one that he drove, yes. The new lightning though comes out at pretty much the same time as the dodge. Both will be offered with 500 Hp, the SRT-10 will have more torque, but the lightning will do it with about 2L less displacement. Both will come with six speeds. Both with huge brakes, but The lightning is supposed to come with 20"-22" wheels and I've heard 22"-24" for the dodge, both of which are far too big. They should have stuck with the 18"s.

The straight line performance is hard to tell, but the lightning has an estimated 1000 lbs weight on the SRT-10, as well as an INDEPENDENT rear suspension rather than the SRT's leafs. So the L will certainly outhandle the dodge (and if the dodge does end up pulling higher skidpad numbers, that only means it comes eqipped with wider tires)

5.9 R/T
04-02-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by LowRiderHD2000

So true, The new Harley Truck has all that plus the S/C engine. Plus 90% of the mods out on the street for the Lightnings can fit onto the Harley. Chevy really disapointed me with the SS.

I think it's time to trade in your truck! Those new HD's are starting to embaress L owners!

Originally posted by Ranger_X31

The one that he drove, yes. The new lightning though comes out at pretty much the same time as the dodge. Both will be offered with 500 Hp, the SRT-10 will have more torque, but the lightning will do it with about 2L less displacement. Both will come with six speeds. Both with huge brakes, but The lightning is supposed to come with 20"-22" wheels and I've heard 22"-24" for the dodge, both of which are far too big. They should have stuck with the 18"s.

The straight line performance is hard to tell, but the lightning has an estimated 1000 lbs weight on the SRT-10, as well as an INDEPENDENT rear suspension rather than the SRT's leafs. So the L will certainly outhandle the dodge (and if the dodge does end up pulling higher skidpad numbers, that only means it comes eqipped with wider tires)

Estimated Performance From Chryco:
Skidpad: 0.92g
Slalom: 69mph
0-60: 5 seconds
1/4: 13 seconds
Weight: 5000lbs

FYI this was the 'show' truck which rode on 24's, the production version will ride on 22's.

Ford has yet to release any performance data for the 04 L so it is a little premature to start comparing the two. IMO the concept that Ford released at NAIAS this year was pretty ugly. The interior was sweet though and this "super-cooler" idea sounded bad ass. Hopefully Ford decides to change the exterior of the L before it runs to production, I just don't like what they did there.

The SRT will make it to production months ahead of the L, Chryco has already released the production version and it should hit showrooms sometime in May or June. Don't expect the 04 L to hit showrooms until late this year or early next year.

LowRiderHD2000
04-02-2003, 01:30 PM
I think it's time to trade in your truck! Those new HD's are starting to embaress L owners!

There some pretty bad ass HD running around. People are putting loads of cash into them. The quickest besides the 10 sec. street driven 1000HP turbo HD is a guy who just ran 11.67 at 115 I believe. :thumbsup:

core_upt
04-03-2003, 01:34 AM
You know you're from Lethbridge when...

If you ditch the Audi for a truck you're an even bigger piece of trash then I thought!

Although using a girl for a shot at driving her car isn't a bad move - props Gordo! I tried the same for hockey tickets