PDA

View Full Version : Importing Parts from US.

DannyO
05-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Does anybody here buy much aftermarket gear from the US?, with the exchange rate, things are dead cheap, I'm wanting to buy a CF hood and trunk soon, and went looking on a couple US sites, I can get the hood and trunk for 500 bux less than here, shipping will be pricey but not 500 bux worth, just dunno about customs, so anybody here buy alot from the US, is there a certain way that you can get things in without being raped at the border?

snowcatxx87
05-14-2006, 12:54 AM
I can give you smeoe adivise

i bought 900 bucks worht of headlights and shippde via USPAS. not UPS. A lot cheaper and got hem to declare the value a lot cheaper, only 500 USD.

customs was only 50 bucks ;).

Cliff Notes: Ship VIA USPS, and get them to lower vaule.

Hash_man
05-14-2006, 01:08 AM
^^ yup usps. is the way to go, sometimes you get a bit on the customs side, but its nothing compared to ups rapage.

As long as you can wait a bit longer to get your stuff, like a week more at max, then go usps.

DannyO
05-14-2006, 01:42 AM
You can ship large items like a hood and trunk threw usps?, I didn't know that, I dunno if the place I would buy from would mark it as lower, I have spoke to guys on ebay about doing it, the average joe can, but the company ones say they can't.

Place I have been looking on is andysautosport.com, anybody bought from them before?

DannyO
05-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Anybody?

Zephyr
05-15-2006, 01:42 AM
USPS doesn't ship large items, a bumper would be already too big and they don't accept it, same for hoods.

Try DHL? UPS employees are known to steal inventory.

sl888
05-15-2006, 01:52 AM
Try showstoppersua.com
I got my exhaust from there and saved quite a bit.....free shipping also

DannyO
05-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
USPS doesn't ship large items, a bumper would be already too big and they don't accept it, same for hoods.

Try DHL? UPS employees are known to steal inventory.

I didn't think USPS would ship items of that size, how is DHL for fees?.

I'll try that site out sl888.

Zephyr
05-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by DannyO

I didn't think USPS would ship items of that size, how is DHL for fees?.

I'll try that site out sl888.

I <3 DHL for reliability, service and how freaking fast they deliever too.

check out their canadian site.. http://www.dhl.ca

DannyO
05-15-2006, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the site, I checked out there guide and if I'm reading it right, I product of about 25-35 lbs would cost about 40 bux to go from California to Calgary, there isn't any hidden fees with these guys is there?, or that they slam you for more money if the items are expensive?

Lo)2enz0
05-15-2006, 08:40 AM
i buy alot of my stuff from the us. Its alot cheaper and you always get it faster unless a shop here has it stock. don't get me wrong, i buy stuff from speedtech when they have something i want in but most of the time i just do everything online or at jdmsource.

oh ya, fedex is good to. just got my fmic on friday night and didn't have to pay a dime for duties or anything.

sl888
05-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by DannyO
Thanks for the site, I checked out there guide and if I'm reading it right, I product of about 25-35 lbs would cost about 40 bux to go from California to Calgary, there isn't any hidden fees with these guys is there?, or that they slam you for more money if the items are expensive?

I don't believe there is. I called and made the purchase over the phone since the site didn't have the lock thing on the bottom. All I paid for was just for my exhaust. Their site says free shipping but dunno about the rest. I believe fedex sent me a letter saying I owed some money a few weeks after they had dropped it off but never bothered with it and nothing has happened since.

CRXguy
05-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

oh ya, fedex is good to. just got my fmic on friday night and didn't have to pay a dime for duties or anything.

Check your mailbox in a week or two. :D :nut: