PDA

View Full Version : Golf Season is upon us....

Pages : [1] 2

~Leah~
05-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Well.... the beautiful mother's day weather really got me in the mood to shoot the first round of the year. First went out to the golf center around Deerfoot and Glenmore-ish area.... hit a couple buckets of balls, then decided to head out to my brother's course in Carstairs and have a round. I was surprised I lasted till hole 17 after all that golf! Front 9 was absolute shit, and I musta had first tee jitters or something lol... shot 14 over on the front, and 7 over on the back. All in all, not a bad round for my first time out and being pretty fatigued from the range.

I plan on doing A LOT of golfing.... probably every day this week (have you seen the forecast!? hot damn!) ... I already have a golfers tan, this is gonna be bad lol... So anyway... round #1 is a 93. By the end of the season I would like to be consistently shooting low to mid 80's.

Any other golfers in here? Post up your courses and scores!

civicguy2002
05-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Got out for my first round of the year. A buddy and I do Douglasdale every year first round. Shot a 75, lowest ever at that course.

YEAH!!

habsfan
05-15-2006, 07:40 AM
i got my first round of the year in 2ish weeks ago, the weather has been really nice here for a while now. so me posting up course and scores would be kinda pointless, but i wont post how many shots over par i was...my first time out is always terrible :thumbsdow

EacydeLude
05-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by civicguy2002
Got out for my first round of the year. A buddy and I do Douglasdale every year first round. Shot a 75, lowest ever at that course.

YEAH!!

Was that on the front 9 or back 9? :D

civicguy2002
05-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Douglasdale is a par 60.

~Leah~
05-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Douglasdale is a par 60.

Par 60? No par 5's? How much is it to play that course? Good practice for the short game?

civicguy2002
05-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by EacydeLude

Was that on the front 9 or back 9? :D

And what is your score??

civicguy2002
05-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

Par 60? No par 5's? How much is it to play that course? Good practice for the short game?

Yeah there are no par 5's. 6 Par 4's. 12 Par 3's. It is a great practice course, and also can be very tricky cause of the proximity to houses. I paid 40 bucks on Saturday just for green fee.

Pacman
05-15-2006, 08:25 AM
I'll be playing my 8th round this Thursday in Lethbridge.

~Leah~
05-15-2006, 08:30 AM
Damn that's kinda pricey for a practice course... I like getting on for free at Carstairs lol

Will probably head out to Heritage Pointe this weekend to do the range and the practice loop and stuff... I REALLY need to work on my 50 yd short game, that's where the majority of my strokes came in. For a girl, I can drive like crazy, I was surprised lol, I was driving consistently over 200, had about 4 in the 250-280 range somehow... no wind pushin it on those either... musta ate my vegetables or something! But yeah, I can't use a wedge if my life depended on it, so that needs a lot of work now.

civicguy2002
05-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Yes, free is always better.

My weak spot is putting. I could shave a good handfull of strokes off my game with a slight improvment in putting.

That is the one good thing about playing Douglasdale, your short game gets to be very good.

EacydeLude
05-15-2006, 08:45 AM

And what is your score??

I was just kidding man, thats a good score.

I just played my 5th game on the weekend at Forest Heights - shot an 84. Previous game was an 82 at Madden. I'm normally in the mid 80's. My main goal at the moment is my short game...

civicguy2002
05-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by EacydeLude

I was just kidding man, thats a good score.

I just played my 5th game on the weekend at Forest Heights - shot an 84. Previous game was an 82 at Madden. I'm normally in the mid 80's. My main goal at the moment is my short game...

It's all good.

Where is Forest Heights? Never heard of it?

95EagleAWD
05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
And with this title, I thought this was gonna be another Flame's thread... :rofl:

It's about time to dig the clubs out though... I'm godawful, but I enjoy it... it's a good stress relief to go whack the shit out of something and low 90s is usually what I shoot.

I don't play enough to really get good, so maybe I'll just get out more and more this year.

kertejud
05-15-2006, 06:20 PM
I golf at the Glencoe, I usually shoot low 90s or (very) high 80s on the Forest, but so far my first 3 rounds were 98, 100 and 96, I'm not impressed with myself, and I even lost to my dad, considering the smack I was talking earlier in the year, I'm not going to hear the end of that until I absolutely slaughter him, which may not be for a while considering how much he's getting out these days.

I also can't wait for their new 9 to open, beginning of July I think, because I have so much more free time this year to get out and play, with 45 holes there now maybe I can sneak in 9 holes more often.

RC-Cola
05-15-2006, 06:40 PM
I just got back from my golf weekend with the boys in Radium. It's awesome out there, everything is so golf and in wicked shape compare to here.

I played Eagle Ranch on Friday (it was very cold), twice at Copper Point on Saturday and the Springs course on Sunday morning.

My short game is the major weakness to my game. I need to either live with it and accept shooting 87-95 or I need to golf a lot more to concentrate on it...

I won't play again until this weekend.

88CRX
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
I used to golf 2-3 times a week and got down to boggie golf or so. However my skillz have droped the last couple season :thumbsdow

2002civic
05-15-2006, 07:26 PM
im about a ten handicap and golf at country hills but wont be for a bit as my cast for the fracture just came off thursday

kertejud
05-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
I just got back from my golf weekend with the boys in Radium. It's awesome out there, everything is so golf and in wicked shape compare to here.

I played Eagle Ranch on Friday (it was very cold), twice at Copper Point on Saturday and the Springs course on Sunday morning.

Yeah, those are some nice courses, I always like to play as many mountain courses as I can. Me and my dad always like to play Trickle Creek in Kimberley at least once a year, now THERE is a nice course.

But I agree, you will always find an excellent place to golf in the Kootenays, the Springs has always been terrific.

Sy_
05-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Shot a 46 on the back 9 at Picture Butte Golf Club Yesterday (Site of 2006 Canadian Senior Mens Champ.) Tee'd off at 7:00pm and was ripped by 6:30pm... lol

Also first post ever on this site and it's about golf!

Low round so far for the year is a 42/39 at Picture Butte which is par 72.

My main problem is when i get lots of confidence in my swing, I start to swing harder and harder (faster and faster) to were the point i can CARRY a 6i 200+ yards (normal for me is 200 total) and a pitching wedge 150+ yards which leads to massive miss hits (or hitting thin) which then my game goes to shit. But i'm deadly from 100 yards and in.

Cheers,

Sy

88CRX
05-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Just got a tee-time Saturday at some Paradise course in Lethbridge.

A_3
05-16-2006, 06:24 PM
I think i'm already at 15-20 rounds on the season thus far...

Talk about maaaddd farmers tan!

HuMz
05-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Anyone been to shawnee yet?

~Leah~
05-17-2006, 07:12 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! Has the RCGA Golf Center ever heard of PESTICIDE???? Tried to play the par 3 course there yesterday for short game practice but I couldn't even finish, the bugs were sooooooo fucking bad. WOW. Going to Harvest Hills tonite to play 9.

Oz-
05-17-2006, 08:44 AM
I love golf but the last season and this one, will probably be write offs for me. My friends actually had a tee time booked for us near the end of April, but my wife went into labour that morning. (if she had gone into labour later in the day, I "might" have been able to get away with it :P).

Father in-law is a more avid golfer then me (leaves the office during the summer 3-4 times a week to tee off). He has been rubbing it in my face recently of his client schmoozing trips. Myrtle Beach, Sawgrass and that one course in Phoenix where the 18th hole walks under a stadium (the super bowl weekend tournament).

big_k
05-17-2006, 09:10 AM
I LOVE golfing! Good to see so many other beyonders out there that like to golf aswell. I actually got an early start to the season this winter when I went to the phillipeans and golf alot. Got 16 rounds in 19 days, and 2 of those days I was on a plane, haha. I have gotten around 15 rounds in so far this year. It also helps that I work at a golf course to :D so i play for free which is a big bonus. Been very unhappy with my golf this year though, I will have to figure somethin out and soon. One days its me hittin 2 fairways if im lucky, the next i'll hit 10+ fairways but can't get a green in reg if my life depends on it, haha.

i don't get to play today as i'm workin closin at the course, but i'm done at two tomorow and will def be headin out!

Seanith
05-17-2006, 04:15 PM
I've only been out 3 times... somehow my first round of 83 at Priddis was my best so far :dunno:
I'm playing 9 tonight (men's league) and then this weekend i'm playing 3 times. I hope to go out at least 3 times a week until i find employment. Might as well take full advantage of my retirement! :D

~Leah~
05-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm quite excited, I'm hitting up the Greywolf Course at Panorama this weekend!!

civicguy2002
05-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Well tonight is the night, I am getting my new irons, Cleveland Launchers. Then have two tee times booked this weekend. Saturday I am hitting up the Shag Valley 9 and Monday the Shag 18. Should be a good break in course for some new irons.

~Leah~
05-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Nice... I'm gonna wait till the end of the season and get some clubs on sale or something, I'm sure I could get my game to improve drastically if I started hitting regular graphite shaft ladies clubs as opposed to stiff steel shaft mens clubs that are a couple inches too long lol... Next season I plan on competing in the Amateur "Tour"... so this season and the off season are just meant to work on the game.

Last night I played at Harvest Hills but my damn partner is a pussy. It was twilight golf and holy hell were people moving slow. So when we got back to the pro shop at 5, he decided he wanted to stop, which sucked cuz I was having the best round of my life!!!! Hit 3/4 GIR, 3/4 Fairways and was only +1 (shoulda had at least 1 birdie, but I psyched myself out too much).

Anyway... Greywolf and Mt. Kidd @ Kananaskis this weekend, we'll see if I can keep playing well there!

Seanith
05-18-2006, 01:34 PM
You payed for twilight and only played 4 holes? :rofl:

~Leah~
05-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
You payed for twilight and only played 4 holes? :rofl:

Don't get me started.... if it were my decision, we woulda played all 9.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

P.S. How was your round last nite?

Seanith
05-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Well it was a team thing but we played our own balls. I started off very good (birdied the first hole and got a par on the hardest hole on the 9) then i started to play like shit. As a team we ended up playing pretty bad. Hopefully I have a couple good rounds this weekend
:thumbsup:

btw, whenever i've played twilight I try to fit in 18 holes?

~Leah~
05-18-2006, 02:17 PM
I was playing at Harvest Hills... 9 hole course.... teed off at 7:30 and didn't get to hole 5 until 9:00 cuz the groups ahead were sooooooo f'n slow

civicguy2002
05-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Got my new clubs tonight, cant wait to get to the range tomorrow.

Kudos to Golf Plus for not only having the set in but also having it for $150 less than Golf Town. I would like to thank Golf Town for saving me that money after the B.S. you guys put me through.

Seanith
05-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Anyone need a 52 degree wedge? I have a brand new Vokey wedge that I won at a tournament. Its still unused. I'll look into what model and all that and how much its worth... pm if interested :dunno:

Pacman
05-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Well tonight is the night, I am getting my new irons, Cleveland Launchers. Then have two tee times booked this weekend. Saturday I am hitting up the Shag Valley 9 and Monday the Shag 18. Should be a good break in course for some new irons.

I'm jealous....I'm still playing 25 year old irons....but they do have new grips on them!!

~Leah~
05-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Fuckin hell.... tore the shit out of my tricep/deltoid area last nite.... how am I supposed to golf Greywolf tomorrow?????? :cry:

civicguy2002
05-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Pacman

I'm jealous....I'm still playing 25 year old irons....but they do have new grips on them!!

Yeah well I have been playing the same, half set 4 irons, since I started golfing. It is going to be a whole new game for me now.

Mckenzie
05-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Leah and everyone: If you are looking for clubs Sport Check has a great package deal on right now. I just picked up a 17 peice set of Ram clubs for my GF for $219 (regular over $300) that came with:

1,3,5 oversize woods
4 wood utility club
5-SW
Putter
backpack strap stand bag
head covers

This is a super nice set and they are selling them off right now....the stores only have a few of each left. They also have a couple more expensive and cheaper sets that are the same thing by dunlop, wilson, hippo, etc.

Great buy IMO.

Also, wintergreen has an early season twilight discount right now that is $49 with cart and range balls for a round. This course is gorgeous and the discount applies only because they are on three temporary greens. I'm headin out there tonight.

~Leah~
05-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Well I headed out to Panorama this weekend... golfed at Greywolf on Saturday and shot a 94, then at Mount Kidd at Kananaskis on Sunday and shot a 93... love those courses, first mountain courses I've ever played!! AMAZING. I can't hit a green if my life depended on it though... but at Greywolf I hit 14/16 fairways, consistently driving over 200 every time, so I was very pleased with that.

Yesterday spent the whole day at Heritage Pointe (9AM-4PM... f'in tiring) on the Practice facilities there... what a great idea for a course, I'm going back there for sure!

Seanith
05-23-2006, 10:49 AM

Yesterday spent the whole day at Heritage Pointe (9AM-4PM... f'in tiring) on the Practice facilities there... what a great idea for a course, I'm going back there for sure!

They don't care if random people just show up and practice right? I think i'll have to swing by there this week and just practice for a long time as well. This weekend I played 3 times and did not feel confident at all with anything in my hand. I shot 89 three times which isn't great for a 14 handicap. I should be mid to low 80s.

Lo)2enz0
05-23-2006, 10:50 AM
omg, i need more practise. i shot a 48 on 9 hole and damn i was pissed

oh well, its still early in the season

~Leah~
05-23-2006, 11:37 AM

They don't care if random people just show up and practice right? I think i'll have to swing by there this week and just practice for a long time as well. This weekend I played 3 times and did not feel confident at all with anything in my hand. I shot 89 three times which isn't great for a 14 handicap. I should be mid to low 80s.

You just pay $35 for the day and you have unlimited use of the range, the 3 hole loop (a par 3, 4 and 5), and the chipping area/putting green... pretty damn good deal considering we played the loop 4 times and hit probably 200 balls.

Lo)2enz0
05-23-2006, 11:40 AM
i wanna go play darcey sometime this year. awsome course but heritage is so much closer. and i love the forest and the desert. the first hole on the forest is awsome with that drop.

but i ussually play lynxs ridge

teknical
05-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Damn, didn't know we had so many golfers on here. I'm no tiger woods, but I am pretty decent. I enjoy playing Douglasdale, Maple Ridge, Elbow Springs, Darcy Ranch. I'll be doing a few rounds at Kananaskis this summer, have 2 tee times in june, and 2 in july. I'll also be heading down to Las Vegas in Aug for a week of golfing, which should be good! :thumbsup:

I'll have to check out Glen Eagles and Lynx Ridge. I hear they are pretty decent courses.

nixon45
05-23-2006, 11:56 AM
So stoked to finally be golfing again. I play out at the Glencoe but I also have a condo out in Invermere... sooo many courses out there to play. Over a 2 week period of being out there I will play every day but maybe one, whether it be a round or the range... its great. I also just picked up my new Mizuno irons a few weeks ago so this season is going to be awesome.

~Leah~
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Well I was just informed that because I have the potential to get really good (golfing is a career that runs in my family), I will be going to a professional golf school for 10 days down in Arizona in November, 60% sponsored... how cool is that? Happy Birthday to me haha... The goal is the Canadian Ladies Amateur Tour next season... there's only a few tournies

Seanith
05-23-2006, 12:07 PM

You just pay $35 for the day and you have unlimited use of the range, the 3 hole loop (a par 3, 4 and 5), and the chipping area/putting green... pretty damn good deal considering we played the loop 4 times and hit probably 200 balls.

Oh ok... so I take it they check when you go to the practice area. Thats ok i'll have to bring my dad's membership card thing then ;)

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
awsome course but heritage is so much closer. and i love the forest and the desert. the first hole on the forest is awsome with that drop.

The 3 nines at Heritage Point are: The pointe, heritage, and desert. There is no "forest" 9 :) The one your refering to is heritage.

DUBBED
05-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Good for you Leah!! AM golf is so much fun.

I play a lot of am tournaments over the summer. Won the Canmore Men's Am last year. Played in Alberta Am, tried qualifying for the US Open etc etc.

This year should be pretty busy too, if I can get my wedges tuned in should be a better year than last!! We'll see what happens I guess.

PS If you want any help/advice just shoot me a PM.

EDIT: Low round so far this year is 66 at Links at Country Hills (Par 69 right now as two holes have been shortened to par 3s)

88CRX
05-23-2006, 12:09 PM
So I ended up shooting 110 at Paradise Canyons... which is alright i guess, first time out this year. But it kinda sucks conisdering i usually shoot in the 90's. However, holy hell that course is windy as shit. Almost impossible to play its so windy lol.

civicguy2002
05-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Well I got out with the new clubs over the weekend, I hit about a hundred balls at the range Friday night, got in 9 holes at Shag Valley 9 on Saturday and 18 at Douglasdale on Monday. Played alright with the new clubs, but there is deffinetly a learning curve associated with new clubs. But there were some great signs of the advantage of new clubs. Should be a great summer of golfing ahead.

big_k
05-29-2006, 12:48 AM
just got a little tune up on the range from my boss. things are looking good aslong as I can remember what to do, haha, and practice!.

what clubs did you pick up "civicguy''?

civicguy2002
05-29-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by big_k

what clubs did you pick up "civicguy''?

I got a set of Cleveland Launchers 4-gap wedge. Then the other day I picked up the Cleveland Halo Hybrid 19 degree to fill the gap between my driver and 4 iron. Wow once I got hitting that consistantly, that is an awesome club.

ryeguy252
05-29-2006, 12:55 PM
I just picked up a new set of irons, have a set of Mizuno Mp33's for sale if interested.

skandalz
06-04-2006, 10:29 PM
looking for some suggetions from you guys. i've played acouple of times over at mccall lake on their par 3 course and was wondering if anyone knew of any other good beginer courses?

str8jkt
06-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Lakeview is a pretty good beginners course. Its mainly a par 3 course with 2 par 4 holes (2 or 3.. I can't remember).

Decent course though if you are just learning, and its a city course so can be booked through the call in system.

Impreza
06-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Looking for a new set of golf clubs this year. Where should I go? Nevada Bob's? Any good suggestions for irons that are a good "bang for the buck"?

natejj
06-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Shot 48 on the 9 at Shaganappi, a new record for myself! :D

theken
06-06-2006, 02:18 PM
just played a shitty shitty shitty round at McCall man 118, i am super disapointed in my play, i played Water Vallyer and shot a 98 and thats a hard course, and McCall is fairly easy and i sucked sooooo bad, shot a 99 at heather glen for the first round of the season (and about 7 years) havent played since i was 16, and i was a hell of alot better then, golf always ruins my day hahaha

Envitro
06-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Just shot a 77 at D'Arcy Ranch last Thursday. My best score to date.

B18C
06-06-2006, 03:22 PM
I used to play golf. Now I just go to golf courses and sacrifice balls into water hazards.:banghead:

Seanith
06-06-2006, 03:29 PM
I just got a new Ping G2i C67 putter. If it can help my putting I should be able to score low 80s this season fairly regularily. It would be cool to have a low teens handicap or even single digit this season :D

civicguy2002
06-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Looking for a new set of golf clubs this year. Where should I go? Nevada Bob's? Any good suggestions for irons that are a good "bang for the buck"?

Go to Golf Plus. Near the Superstore on Southport Road. It is on the main level of the red brick building by the World Health Club. By far the best place in the world. I got my clubs there for almost two hundred lower that Nevads Bob's and Golf Town.

CaptainReboot
06-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Check out my sweet new golf shoes!!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/CaptainReboot/golfshoes.jpg

~Leah~
06-07-2006, 09:50 AM
You must be very metro lol... either way those are wicked cool

CaptainReboot
06-07-2006, 12:15 PM

Haha...can't a guy fancy nice shoes without being called metro? Golf shoes don't have to be ugly. Guess I shouldn't mention that I also picked up a Louis Vuitton golf bag and Prada golf outfit......jk

no_joke
06-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Where can I get lessons? I find golf to be very difficult to learn on your own.

~Leah~
06-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Every course has a pro or many pro's who teach lessons.

Seanith
06-07-2006, 10:33 PM

I only hope that his belt matches his shoes :rofl:

big_k
06-07-2006, 10:36 PM
those shoes are sick man! i almost got a pair last year.

no_joke:

give earl grey a call at 249-5578 and ask for kevin. he is a great teacher and a good guy. he is not in tomorrow (thurs) but that is his only day off, so any other time he is avaliable.

kurt

dino_martini
06-09-2006, 08:36 PM
I usually just do the driving range at confederation park with my crappy clubs. Im looking to buy a moderatly good set of clubs. Anyone help me out?

Seanith
06-10-2006, 05:04 PM
I've played a couple rounds already this weekend. My putting is absolute shit right now. :thumbsdow

CaptainReboot
06-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I usually just do the driving range at confederation park with my crappy clubs. Im looking to buy a moderatly good set of clubs. Anyone help me out?

I would check Golf Town if you're looking for mid range stuff. You can get a decent set for about $300 bucks.

I love that store!

Seanith
06-11-2006, 03:55 PM
I've played a couple rounds already this weekend. My putting is absolute shit right now. :thumbsdow

I managed to get my putting semi-figured out today. Everything else was good and I managed an 82. My goal is to go from a 14 to a single digit handicap this year :eek:
I think I have it in me if todays round was any indication.

~Leah~
06-12-2006, 07:31 AM
I played Mt. Lorette yesterday and for the most part everything was absolute shit. I blame the rain and cold weather, but I managed to stick the ball on the green from 170 yds with a hybrid from the rough which I was pretty happy about. Other than that I had 6's pretty much all around, no matter what the par. I'm playing Lorette again on Friday with better weather so I hope I get my groove back. Yesterday was f'n cold out there!!!

~Leah~
06-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Played Lorette again and did a bit better.. hit 12/14 fairways again but damn... still only made 2 greens. Played Harvest Hills last night and it was soggy as hell... the ball would not go anywhere and my shoes were soaked. Disgusting display of golf.

AcuraTl
06-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Played Lorette again and did a bit better.. hit 12/14 fairways again but damn... still only made 2 greens. Played Harvest Hills last night and it was soggy as hell... the ball would not go anywhere and my shoes were soaked. Disgusting display of golf.

im hitting up carstairs once a week, 15 handicap..not bad, but i wish my dad would go somewhere else :(

Seanith
06-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Interesting weekend of golf. Played in a tournament on friday, played with 2 hacks and carried the team. :rofl:

Saturday played like hell, shot a 90 :thumbsdow

Today I played and thought it would be a repeat of saturday. Shoot 46 on the front, but on the back i lit it up and shot a 38 :eek: How's that for an 84? :dunno:

~Leah~
06-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl

im hitting up carstairs once a week, 15 handicap..not bad, but i wish my dad would go somewhere else :(

Oh really? You should let me know when you're there next, I wouldn't mind teeing up with you... my brother is a pro there.

Interesting weekend of golf. Played in a tournament on friday, played with 2 hacks and carried the team. :rofl:

Saturday played like hell, shot a 90 :thumbsdow

Today I played and thought it would be a repeat of saturday. Shoot 46 on the front, but on the back i lit it up and shot a 38 :eek: How's that for an 84? :dunno:

I was the opposite yesterday. Went out to Heritage to use the Practice Facilities there for the day but instead made a tee time. Played Pointe then Heritage... played the first hole like a fuckin pro!! Birdied that bitch shooting from the whites (no more reds for me anymore!) and continued to play decent on the front 9... decent being a 44 on the front. Then something happened on the Heritage 9... shot a fuckin 55. I was NOT happy at all. But very impressed with my first birdie!!!!!

EDIT: Also, have to add in my putting was AMAZING yesterday. I sunk 4 putts that were over 25 feet. I was VERY happy about that aspect.

88CRX
06-26-2006, 06:27 PM
I played the 9 holes out at Crystal Ridge twice last week... fun little course... quite challenging.

Also am playing out at Speargrass tomorrow night after work :thumbsup: $36 round w/cart on Tuesdays :thumbsup:

theken
06-26-2006, 06:54 PM
i just got home from speargrass, 49 w/cart, fuck yeah, if you find any nike power distance's mail em back to me hahahaha, no i shot pretty good, but a few nikes are gone :(

i drank way too many beers though, shot a 92 which is pretty good for me, especially being fairly unsober.

i played 9 @ maple ridge last week, shot 42 for 9 very nice course, then hit heather glen on thursday, shot a 96, tought it was pretty good, so progressivly, i am doing alot better then the start of the season.

DJ Lazy
06-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Fuck, only been out once this season back in April out in Kelowna... shot an 84..

Gonna be tough to get out now with my new job.. :cry:

AcuraTl
06-27-2006, 04:47 PM

Oh really? You should let me know when you're there next, I wouldn't mind teeing up with you... my brother is a pro there.

ya i got lessons from the pro there, i forgot his name, nice guy...

~Leah~
06-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl

ya i got lessons from the pro there, i forgot his name, nice guy...

Leland or Lee he goes by... or there's Mike too. Both good dudes. But for real let me know next time you wanna go out, I'm on holidays for a while so make the tee time for 3 haha

AcuraTl
06-27-2006, 05:09 PM

Leland or Lee he goes by... or there's Mike too. Both good dudes. But for real let me know next time you wanna go out, I'm on holidays for a while so make the tee time for 3 haha

yep my dad is friends w/ Leland, io got the lessons with Mike, as for timing, ill PM you as soon as i can get a time w/ my dad. Work has me busy for a bit, was going to go today but..2 busy :(

dino_martini
06-27-2006, 06:03 PM
When buying clubs is it cheaper/better to buy them as a set? or should I buy them one by one?

Seanith
06-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
When buying clubs is it cheaper/better to buy them as a set? or should I buy them one by one?

You'd definitely buy your irons as a set. As far as drivers, wedges, and woods/hybrids you can mix and match and they are usually sold seperately. HTH.

dino_martini
06-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Would this be an ok Starter/Intermedtiate set?

http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/stores/1/Wilson-Black-Jack-11PC-Set-P3142C26.aspx

Like, I dont want to spend a fortune on clubs, I just want a set I can play around with for a while. Not looking to go pro.

Seanith
06-27-2006, 09:11 PM
That definitely looks like a good deal! You pretty much get every club you would need except a putter! :thumbsup: Its very well priced. I'm not sure of the quality but Wilson is a reputable brand for lower end golf gear.

dino_martini
06-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Sweet, thanks. Im going on Vacation to Vancouver island. Were staying at this campground and im looking to do a round or two of golf. Looks like a sweet course.

http://www.longbeachgolfcourse.com/

88CRX
06-28-2006, 12:54 PM
So I shot 105 at Speargrass. Which is alright I guess... think I took 8 strokes atleast just from drops after loosing balls in the think shit :thumbsdow :D

Very tough course if you dont hit a consistent straight ball lol.

My putting was on though. Drained a 30'+ to save a par. And several 15'-20' putts.

Seanith
06-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
So I shot 105 at Speargrass. Which is alright I guess... think I took 8 strokes atleast just from drops after loosing balls in the think shit :thumbsdow :D

Very tough course if you dont hit a consistent straight ball lol.

My putting was on though. Drained a 30'+ to save a par. And several 15'-20' putts.

The strokes will kill you forsure. When I play a really good round usually that means i didn't lose a single ball.

theken
06-28-2006, 07:34 PM
that grass is brutal at spear soooo thick

~Leah~
07-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Played at Carstairs today, the bug situation was great, only some annoying flies. I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST BIRDIE EVER!!! #16 I ended up just short (about 15 yds) of the green on a pretty short par 4 and I did what I call a "wedge putt"... my first crack at it because I was skulling everything across the green... and it rolled right into the cup!

Ended up shooting an 88.. my first under 90 round ever too!!!! What a great day to golf. Tried Fox Hollow yesterday and it stormed when we got to 9... I wasn't playing well and the bugs got really bad so we called er quits. It's not in that bad of shape. To Heritage Pointe we go tomorrow!

big_k
07-02-2006, 11:21 PM
oh wow, so i got off work early today so i could go and rip around the course, and there was no one out there really today, so i wanted to play fast. I started off with 6 DOUBLES IN A ROW! so, after deciding not to kill myself, i stepped up to number 7 with is an easy par 3 and i'm yet to be worse than a 3 on it this year, so i step up, stick it close, and sink the bird dog putt. i then finished even for the rest of the round. i kept playin another 9 after that, so i got 27 holes in, and played all 27 in 3:45, so that was good, and i ended up 13 over on all 27 with 6 doubles in the first 6 holes. very interesting round today. doin a HUGE practice session tomorrow and tues with the video camera and everything, then playin out at redwood on thurs i think. should be good. i plan on goin deep, hahaha.

theken
07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
shot a 45 heatherglen 9 on the creek. not too bad for me, qithout the 100 mosquitos on me at all times i should have shot a 40, swinging at mosquitos gets you mad

theken
07-03-2006, 09:16 PM
ust got back from heather glen again, shot a 92. nice

~Leah~
07-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Holy shit.... easyness of courses, plus me finally figuring out how to hit a club makes for some fucking awesome scores on my Saskatchewan trip!!! Yesterday I shot an 87... and today an 85!! Fuckin rights

big_k
07-10-2006, 10:14 PM
i was 74 yesterday, should have been in the 60's but had a fuckin bad start, was 6 over after 5, then i pulled it togther and was 3 under the rest of the round. 11 puts and one chip in on the back really helped. guess the new "yes" putter is working well.