PDA

View Full Version : WTB: AEM CAI for '99 teg, non-vtec

rsxrsx
03-31-2003, 11:07 PM
Well it's worth a shot, so i'll ask...Does anyone have an AEM CAI for a '99 Teg, non-vtec:thumbsup:

Please reply or pm me if you can hook me up.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

rsxrsx
04-01-2003, 12:29 PM
bumpity bump

rsxrsx
04-01-2003, 08:48 PM
*yawn* and not to mention "bump":D

rsxrsx
04-02-2003, 01:13 PM
In addition to my previous posts: Bump, Bump, Bumpalonious:D

Surely somebody must have one for sale or know where I can get on for a decent price. Come on people post some thoughts and opinions. Thanks. :thumbsup:

rsxrsx
04-02-2003, 10:28 PM
67 viewers and no replies?:confused: I don't know what's going on, normally you guys a pretty quick to the draw, lemme try by posting a pic...

rsxrsx
04-02-2003, 10:29 PM
although i'd settle for this one below:D

Horatio
04-03-2003, 01:00 PM
I saw a CAI in the Bargain finder today

Greg

LUDELVR
04-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Why not get the iceman...it's just as good and I think legendboy is selling one for pretty cheap!! :thumbsup: It's also one that you can change to a short ram just in case it's ugly out side and you're paranoid of the intake ingesting water.

rsxrsx
04-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Horatio / Greg,

Thanks for the reply. I can only assume that the CAI that you saw is suited for my application…I'll try to find a bargain finder today and check it out thanks.

Ludelvr,

Again thanks for the reply. I do agree with you, the AEM and Iceman intakes are indeed similar. However, there are a couple of drawbacks to the Iceman CAI that I'm not willing to overlook. The plastic molding that composes the Iceman intake is extremely susceptible to higher temperatures and has been known to wear. Also, the converting to short ram defeats the purpose of the CAI IMO, due to the face that short rams are similar to stock intakes and do not provide the so called "cold air." Furthermore, because of the placement of the Iceman it is more prone to ingesting water whereas the AEM is not. Thus if I were to buy an ICEMAN, I would have to also make or buy a protective barrier just to insure that no water is enetred...again, thanks for the reply.

scooby_dooby
04-03-2003, 04:26 PM
check tunerworks, they;re in calgary and cai's are like $348, can;t really beat that.

rsxrsx
04-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby
check tunerworks, they;re in calgary and cai's are like $348, can;t really beat that.

Yeah, three fiddy is a bit much, i thought i'd see if i could get one at a better price maybe even used, yeah it doesn't look like i'm getting any response, so i might just have to check out tunerworks:thumbsup: thanks for the reply scooby:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
04-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Iceman sucks dick, no comparison to the AEM...

Dirty_SOHC
04-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by rsxrsx
Again thanks for the reply. I do agree with you, the AEM and Iceman intakes are indeed similar. However, there are a couple of drawbacks to the Iceman CAI that I'm not willing to overlook. The plastic molding that composes the Iceman intake is extremely susceptible to higher temperatures and has been known to wear.
I dunno I have never hear this before:confused:

Originally posted by rsxrsx Also, the converting to short ram defeats the purpose of the CAI IMO, due to the face that short rams are similar to stock intakes and do not provide the so called "cold air."[/B]
You will not yield much more power with cold air. Do a search on CAI and SRI done by B18C

Originally posted by rsxrsx Furthermore, because of the placement of the Iceman it is more prone to ingesting water whereas the AEM is not. [/B]
They both have the same placement.....

IMO just get a short ram and save your money

legendboy
04-04-2003, 04:23 PM
The plastic molding that composes the Iceman intake is extremely susceptible to higher temperatures

False

...the placement of the Iceman it is more prone to ingesting water whereas the AEM is not.

False

legendboy
04-04-2003, 04:29 PM
Here's a good link for everybody.

http://www.hondalife.com/articles/intaketech.htm