PDA

View Full Version : Makes sense when you think about it

deadsoulasis
05-16-2006, 05:34 PM
a good read (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9336)

Xtrema
05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't think there's an Xbox 360 owner that doesn't have an HDTV of some sorts. And at least 1/2 of those should be able to afford both systems without trouble and probably will buy a PS3.

But the article is right. Xbox and PS are probably gonna retain the fanboy base and won't expand much. Nintendo IS probably the one non-gamer may get hooked on.

b_t
05-16-2006, 11:42 PM
I dunno.. personally I think that the Xbox is going to make some huge gains this time round, Sony is going to lose a lot of market share, and Nintendo will get more this time around as well. It might end up totally different, instead of PS2 > Xbox > Gamecube like it was last generation, it might be 360 > Wii > PS3 this time around..

cityhunter2501
05-17-2006, 12:03 AM
seems like alot of people are planning to go with wii60 (Xbox360 + Wii) instead of a ps3.
http://www.wii60.com/

I don't really care that much about console war nowadays, I'm more curious about what's going to happen on DVD-HD vs BRD.

b_t
05-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Its the Blu Ray and MGS4 that are making me buy a PS3... the library of titles available for the bluray basically sells the PS3 to me all on its own.

heavyD
05-17-2006, 08:00 AM
I have a 360 & I'll buy a PS3 even though I hate Sony if only because I'm a tech whore. Wii is a great concept but doesn't really interest me as Mario & Zelda just don't appeal to me anymore nor does playing games in 480p. Plus I'm quite happy with the 360 pad & dualshock controllers and would rather use my thumbs over waving my arms to play a game. It will be a success in the ages 5 - 20 crowd like the DS but how many adults do you really think will be doing the funky chicken in their living room playing super smash brothers with their Wii? Not too many IMO.

Xtrema
05-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
It will be a success in the ages 5 - 20 crowd like the DS but how many adults do you really think will be doing the funky chicken in their living room playing super smash brothers with their Wii? Not too many IMO.

I admit that I'm over 20 and I banged the bongo drum like a madman on my buddy's gamecube, look stupid doing it. But I had fun. :D

heavyD
05-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I admit that I'm over 20 and I banged the bongo drum like a madman on my buddy's gamecube, look stupid doing it. But I had fun. :D

I think it will make a good party system but like most party games, they aren't very fun played by yourself. The best selling games buy far last gen were Halo & GTA. You won't find those games on Wii and that audience will be buying the systems that play those games.

deadsoulasis
05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
''''I think it will make a good party system but like most party games, they aren't very fun played by yourself. The best selling games buy far last gen were Halo & GTA. You won't find those games on Wii and that audience will be buying the systems that play those games.'''''

Thats so true...Wii will still sell good I feel though ,price (parents will eat it up),kids will want the new mario, and all the old nin games ...(xbox 360 arcade is popular so I think nintendo did a smart move with that) and a standard type controller ...(optional)