PDA

View Full Version : ?Bassy Speakers

dkny_stylez
05-16-2006, 05:42 PM
What would you guys reccomend running off a stock deck?

doublepostwhore
05-16-2006, 05:50 PM
infinities

WWJAI
05-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I find infinities are more for clarity. If your going to run off a stock deck, I definitely recommend you check out the Rockford fosgate power series.

Weapon_R
05-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
infinities

No way! Infinity speakers have little bass. They are clear but they lack a lot of boom.

You are going to have a very hard time getting any good sound from the stock head unit. If you are serious, buy a small amp, hide it, and wire the speakers to the amp. You will get MUCH better results and the only extra cost is a new (or used) amplifier. This can be bought for under $75 if you are on a budget.

I'd rather amp my stock speakers than buy a set of aftermarkets and underpower them. For really bassy speakers, you could try the Alpine Type R components, they are really good for the price.

You can also do what I did, and buy an amp and a 6.5" midbass driver for the bass and the stock speakers. If you want good bass, this will suffice, but if you want ear-shattering bass, go buy 2 10" subs but I think thats a bad way to improve a soundsystem.

Anyways, a good midbass driver (like the one found at edesignaudio.com) can be had for under $75, and will really help your bass problem. Also, since you'll have to amp the driver, you can amp the speakers at the same time. If you do this, i'll promise you that you will be incredibly surprised with the difference. Total cost will be under $200 for this.

Oldskool
05-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Rockfords:thumbsup:

this thing with most RF, is the sound quality isnt the highest of all the speakers, but RF speakers are nice and LOUD!

WWJAI
05-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Yup. Rockfords definitely give a lot of bass. More than type r's I find but not as clean. My brother has them hooked up to his aftermarket head unit and they definitely can take a beating and pound for a speaker. But I must agree with Weapon_R, you won't get as much sound and bass as you would with an amp. You'll be much happier with the sound quality and volumes you can turn your music up to if thats what your lookin for. But if your on a tight budget, you should change your speakers as well change your stock unit to a 50wx4 head unit which should make quite a big difference in your sound compared to what you have now.

kaput
05-16-2006, 09:36 PM

dkny_stylez
05-16-2006, 10:27 PM
yeah i'm thinking of alpine type r's or s's, but they run for 200-300!

b_t
05-16-2006, 11:45 PM
I would recommend....

nothing. Stock decks suck ass. Save up for a few more months and get all new everything, and then get it secondhand or from online retailers... like my personal favorite, elemental designs :D http://www.edesignaudio.com/

Jonathan@TCS
05-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Change your factory head unit first, that will give you the biggest single improvement. Even the stock speakers will sound better with an aftermarket deck.

If you want to just get a pair of speakers, check out the MTX Dome Axials, they sound good and are very efficient, so they will run off the little power your factory deck has.

I do not recommend buying speakers on line, because you cannot listen to them.

rony_espana
05-17-2006, 11:19 AM
don't want to hijack this thread, but how much does it cost to get an amp installed to a factory deck?

b_t
05-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by rony_espana
don't want to hijack this thread, but how much does it cost to get an amp installed to a factory deck?

Who cares? You can only really put a subwoofer amp on a factory deck, since a line level convertor just destroys the sound quality and it will make even the best speakers sound like garbage.

rony_espana
05-17-2006, 11:56 AM
^yeah I was actually talking about a subwoofer amp, should have stated that. I just don't want to change the look of the interior, I prefer the stock look, but I'd also like to have some more bass.

Dooms_Bane
05-17-2006, 12:00 PM
just got for those cheap sony xlpod speakers.
good bass
if it's a stock deck you'd get a nice sound from them
but if you get a higher end deck the sonys start to crack like CRAZY...
thats when you push out the rockfords and JBL's
i personaly like the JBL's
i think they have sweet bass/clarity

rony_espana
05-17-2006, 12:06 PM
yeah I actually already have 2-12" MTX, the amp is a JBL

JspecB16
05-17-2006, 12:16 PM
I have lanzar speakers running off my aftermarket deck and they have enough bass to convince someone you have an 8" woofer in the trunk. they have large rubber surrounds on them too, lots of excursion for 6x9's and 6.5" speakers. Thats my opinion, I've had rockford before too, and there is nothing wrong with those either, good speakers all around.

SWX
05-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Who cares? You can only really put a subwoofer amp on a factory deck, since a line level convertor just destroys the sound quality and it will make even the best speakers sound like garbage.

you should look at the new technology a couple companies are makeing LOC that will help the sound of factory decks, as well a few amp companies have very good LOC built in that will work with any factory system

teggypimp95
05-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Every one says infinities have no bass, i think thats no true, every one told me rockfords, so i bought some, 2 of them seased instantly and after getting new ones they still sounds like garbage. infinities were way clearer and had by far way more bass.

SWX
05-18-2006, 04:15 PM
go listen to the MTX at CAr Salon, very nice sounding.

vw_gli_vw
06-01-2006, 07:02 PM
kicker L7s

WWJAI
06-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by vw_gli_vw
kicker L7s

we're not talking about subs here..we're talking about speakers

W@Zl0
06-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Polk Momo's, the ones with a Carbon Fiber cone. I bought a pair of the 6.5" components from the Soundsaround sale last year and I was impressed. I'm still running them off deck power(Pioneer DEH-8600MP 18Wrms to the speakers). They play some really decent bass.

soupey
06-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by W@Zl0
Polk Momo's, the ones with a Carbon Fiber cone. I bought a pair of the 6.5" components from the Soundsaround sale last year and I was impressed. I'm still running them off deck power(Pioneer DEH-8600MP 18Wrms to the speakers). They play some really decent bass.

:werd:
the cf polk momos deliver some awesome sound

if i were u i'd look for speakers that are clear, not bassy, if u want bass, and only bass, keep stock speakers and add a sub...