PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good tire install/balancing shop?

topmade
05-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Just like the title says. If you know of a decent shop let me know.

I took my 17's to crappy tire and they couldn't balance them if their life depended on it as they tried 2 times and the second time was better but still had some vibration. Good thing was that I complained and didn't have to pay for it haha.

Kal Tire?
Blaskin and lane?

dj_rice
05-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Mytires or CMS

whiskas
05-16-2006, 07:59 PM
I took mine to Poorboys near 17th Ave. NE And 52nd St. E.

They charged me $15 for mount and balancing for 15" wheels.

They did it quick with no hassle.

WWJAI
05-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
I took mine to Poorboys near 17th Ave. NE And 52nd St. E.

They charged me $15 for mount and balancing for 15" wheels.

They did it quick with no hassle.
$15 a wheel or for all four?

Anton
05-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Me and a lot of other beyonders work for Kal Tire on 52nd Street SE. Should come there. Guaranteed good service :thumbsup: Unfortunately, can't get you discounts so don't ask :P

Also, if it keeps shaking and they rebalance it, it might be a bent rim and they're just too stupid to realize so when they balance them it comes out to 0 and 0, they SHOULD reposition the wheel again, like rotate it on the mount a bit and check again. Quite likely that the second time, they fluked and clamped it in a good spot.

Also, if it's stick on rather than bang on weights, they might use old machines for it which don't work too well.

topmade
05-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Anton
Me and a lot of other beyonders work for Kal Tire on 52nd Street SE. Should come there. Guaranteed good service :thumbsup: Unfortunately, can't get you discounts so don't ask :P

Also, if it keeps shaking and they rebalance it, it might be a bent rim and they're just too stupid to realize so when they balance them it comes out to 0 and 0, they SHOULD reposition the wheel again, like rotate it on the mount a bit and check again. Quite likely that the second time, they fluked and clamped it in a good spot.

Also, if it's stick on rather than bang on weights, they might use old machines for it which don't work too well.

That sounds good. Do you have to make an appointment and what are the business hours? I am not one to try to get discounts like some people, as long as they do a good job I really don't mind paying a bit more. Crappy tire told me that they didn't have the right equipment to balance them correctly so im hoping that it's not the rim as they were brand new.

Anton
05-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Work hours I believe are 8-6 Mon - Fri, Sat 8-5.

Just drop in. Make sure to come toward the end of the day like 2 or 3 or on Saturday after 12 or so. Mornings are usually busy and I doubt you want to wait long.

Make sure to NOT come 5 mins before close..haha

Tha VZA
05-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Anton
Make sure to NOT come 5 mins before close..haha

MOST important thing...lol i joke

come in we'll take care of you...730-6 mon-fri, 8-5 sat

i am the car shop foreman there and if you still have problems a re balance wont be a hassle to do at all...our new balancer lets us know if a tire/wheels has runout on it etc etc basically any problems which could affect a correct balance

by the way whose red 4th gen supra are we going to be working on this week? saw it come in today to get some wheels ordered that thing is hot!

ciao