PDA

View Full Version : They tried to steal the M3!

Glowrider
04-01-2003, 01:54 AM
Oh man. I'm at home on Long Island, for spring break. I had my M3 parked out front, and me and a friend were sitting in some lawn chairs in the corner of my front yard, just talking shit, hanging out, etc.

We saw a pick up truck make a few passes real slow infront of my house. I went inside to get my paintball gun and hurried back out and set it down next to the chair. They couldn't see us, because where I was sitting with my friend, there is no light shining.

We see the truck door open up, and someones starts running towards my car. I moved in close behind a large bush display thing we have. I saw the guy come up with a flashlight and start screwing with my door. I ran out with my friend screaming. The guy ran away, and the pick up truck was down the street. He ran to the pick up truck. We chased him. He turned around and acted like he wanted to fight. That's when I opened up on him.

I fired about 15-20 rounds from the paintball gun. The truck started to leave, and the guy ran and jumped in the truck, almost falling off. I called the cops, and some neighbors came out, hearing the screaming and paintball gun fire. I looked around and only saw one paintball on the street, cracked open, with no paint inside. I think I nailed him pretty good. I put my car in the garage, where it will stay for the remainder of spring break.

I think I hit him atleast 10 times, because I couldn't find ANY paintballs other than the one.

THIEVES SUCK

...but YAY for paintball guns! :clap:

RSeXy
04-01-2003, 01:59 AM
haha...good thing you got that punk! haha...too funny! i'm sure he'll be easy to spot!

Hakkola
04-01-2003, 02:28 AM
hahaha, awesome. If you weren't at home you shoulda hit the truck, it's not like they'd call the cops. I don't believe in vandalism, but when they try to steal your car, everything is fair game.

Glowrider
04-01-2003, 02:30 AM
I probably did hit the truck. I don't know what the hell was going on man, I was just shooting at this guy with a ski-mask on that wanted to fight.

girlRACER
04-01-2003, 02:46 AM
haha...good for you!! I always hear stories about what people would do if they saw the people that did what they did to their cars...and you were lucky to be there at the time!

Hakkola
04-01-2003, 02:47 AM
I'd be a lil worried now though, they know where you live.

HK2NR
04-01-2003, 02:51 AM
:rofl: haha damn good job man! haha screaming with paintball guns!!! man that guy must've been scared shitless when you jumped outta the push screaming :rofl:

Glowrider
04-01-2003, 08:42 AM
Well, my neighbor called me and said he saw people walking in the alley inbetween houses, and there were 2 guys looking into my backyard. I'm going to go buy a gun this morning.

Fuckers.

mwmhong
04-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Glowrider
I ran out with my friend screaming. The guy ran away, and the pick up truck was down the street. He ran to the pick up truck. We chased him. He turned around and acted like he wanted to fight. That's when I opened up on him.

I fired about 15-20 rounds from the paintball gun. The truck started to leave, and the guy ran and jumped in the truck, almost falling off.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:guns:
:rofl: :thumbsup: HaHaHa!!!!

Hakkola's right, they might come back. :(
You didn't get the trucks plates as they ran away?

Glowrider
04-01-2003, 09:52 AM
No, it was to dark to get the plates. They seemed to have taken out the bulbs that light the license plate up, I couldn't see shit. It was a really old F-150, Maroone/Dark red in color.

5gluder
04-01-2003, 10:09 AM
:rofl: That's funny. That guy is probably going to spend the week trying to get paint off his ass.

B17a
04-01-2003, 10:53 AM
I gotta think that an M3 being the sweet sweet machine it is, is not as easy to steal as say a Civic. Were these guys planning on jacking it with just a screw driver or towing it off with the truck? :dunno:

Glowrider
04-01-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by B17a
I gotta think that an M3 being the sweet sweet machine it is, is not as easy to steal as say a Civic. Were these guys planning on jacking it with just a screw driver or towing it off with the truck? :dunno:

No idea man. It was to dark for me to see what tools he had with him, he was carrying stuff though. He didn't break the window, which is kind of odd. It is extremely hard to get into a BMW without the key, if you don't break the window. I remember seeing picture of an M5 that was in a parking garage in New Jersey. Someone tried to dig out the metal around the door handle, but to no avail. The pictures were horrible. They completely ruined the door.

ecstasyracer
04-01-2003, 12:40 PM
I wish I could have been sitting on my porch with a weapon when my car got broken into.

bol
04-01-2003, 12:58 PM

It is extremely hard to get into a BMW without the key, if you don't break the window.

Actually it's extremely easy to get into the E46 without a key. They pop the lock cylinder out and the door opens right up. That's why a lot of people buy the delete plates for the lock cylinder like on the passangers side and get the euro one for the left side to install.

It's extremely difficult to start the car without the key, but extremely easy to get in without one.

Ask around on e46fanatics etc... they know what I'm talking about.

three.eighteen.
04-01-2003, 01:05 PM
fuckin thieves...my buddies freakin oldsmobile was stolen at west ed...like wtf...grrrr

bksze
04-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by bol

Actually it's extremely easy to get into the E46 without a key. They pop the lock cylinder out and the door opens right up. That's why a lot of people buy the delete plates for the lock cylinder like on the passangers side and get the euro one for the left side to install.

It's extremely difficult to start the car without the key, but extremely easy to get in without one.

Ask around on e46fanatics etc... they know what I'm talking about.

:werd:

that lock cylinder will pop right out if you used a paperclip haha, i know of a bunch of e46s in van jacked to shit because of the above, i think they're more into stealing what you had inside rather than your car

max_boost
04-01-2003, 01:42 PM
What a bunch of morons! I am glad you nailed him real good with the paint gun. The shitty thing is, he will probably come back for retaliation. This time, just setup a trap and call the police officers or have a video camera outside and get this on tape. Throw those bitches into the slammer!

Superesc
04-01-2003, 02:13 PM
I tried shooting thieves with my airsoft guns before... got in big trouble from Mr.Officer(s) + Swat team. I learned my lesson well :D

ZorroAMG
04-01-2003, 03:18 PM
That's really shitty, on one hand its good you nailed them, on the other retaliation may be their next move....

Good luck,

FUCKING THIEVES

max_boost
04-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
I tried shooting thieves with my airsoft guns before... got in big trouble from Mr.Officer(s) + Swat team. I learned my lesson well :D My god you are quite the devil:guns:

RiceCake
04-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Hahaha, at least you nailed the fuckers and prevented your car from getting broken into.

Wonder if those theives would be stupid enough to come back for more?

Glowrider
04-01-2003, 04:27 PM
retaliation may be their next move....

I bought a gun today. I get it next week. Let them come back, I'll finish what I started.

bksze
04-01-2003, 04:40 PM

I bought a gun today. I get it next week. Let them come back, I'll finish what I started.

haha that is what i love about the states . . . straight up vigilante justice haha,

make sure he's lookin up when he's on the ground hahahaahaha

Glowrider
04-01-2003, 05:48 PM
LOL. If anything I'll drag him in the house. Haha. "Forced cooperation", from Splinter Cell (hence the avatar).

cocoabrova
04-01-2003, 06:06 PM
:thumbsdow to thieves:thumbsup::clap:for vigilante justice

CRXguy
04-01-2003, 06:20 PM
I tried shooting thieves with my airsoft guns before... got in big trouble from Mr.Officer(s) + Swat team. I learned my lesson well :D

Crazy bastard!!! hahaha

When I read 'paintball gun', I thought Superesc right away! :rofl:

ACS-e36
04-01-2003, 06:26 PM
hahhaha lmao good story man... good thing u were home a ur sexy M3 is safe
lol i bet he's laughing too...

dj_honda
04-01-2003, 07:03 PM

what happened?
and what did the police say...i mean if the guy was trying to take your stuff, why wouldn't you want to prevent it from happening?

Fuji
04-01-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

what happened?
and what did the police say...i mean if the guy was trying to take your stuff, why wouldn't you want to prevent it from happening?
The use of real weapons is still a criminal offence, regardless if you were trying to protect your property. Whether it is pointed at someone and not used or not. Cops probably thought he had a real gun...Good thin he had a fake one!!!! :)

moose_8
04-01-2003, 09:07 PM
you shoulda phoned the cops and told them to look for the painted bastards

Superesc
04-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

The use of real weapons is still a criminal offence, regardless if you were trying to protect your property. Whether it is pointed at someone and not used or not. Cops probably thought he had a real gun...Good thin he had a fake one!!!! :)

yup that was when I was gr11 back in vancouver. In the end we got the little punk. he was going to the same school as I was (Killarney Secondary, Ghetto E. Vancouver hehehe)

+AsiaN+
04-01-2003, 09:29 PM
haha nice man! those paint balls must have left some nice welds on that guy's body! hahaha:rofl: :angel:

Seanith
04-01-2003, 09:44 PM
mad props man

Glowrider
04-02-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by moose_8
you shoulda phoned the cops and told them to look for the painted bastards

I can't man. Shooting him was illegal. He wasn't in my house and wasn't "threatening" me. So, I wasn't supposed to shoot him.

Superesc
04-02-2003, 01:04 AM
call through a pay phone, say you saw some guy shooting paintball at a car thief!!!

[GaGe]
04-02-2003, 01:13 AM
hahahaha... nice one man! should've got it on video