PDA

View Full Version : Factory Honda Deck install

2.2vtec
05-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Anyone want to help hook up the wires for a case of beer on this lovely afternoon? I tried to hook it up myself but i must have done something wrong cause it doesnt' ask for the code and the only the anti theft button flashes but nothign else.

benyl
05-17-2006, 09:50 AM
probably have the power and the accessory wires crossed.

freakin
05-17-2006, 10:01 AM
If it's a factory deck, then there's no wiring involved, it uses the same harness. I just plugged my in and was ready to go. This sounds like a dumb question, but did you try turning it on? Mine just flashed the anti-theft when it's off, but as soon as I held in the power button for the first time, it turned on and asked me for the code.

Try putting the old one back in and making sure that works....If it does, then it's safe to say that the factory wiring is fine and that the deck is likely not working (do they lock themselves after multiple attempts with the wrong code?). I have a couple of factory Honda CD decks that you can try out if you like. One is the 98-99+ black square style and the other is the older white rectangular style. The code I was given for the older one doesn't work, but you could use it to troubleshoot.

PM me if you want to try one of them.

2.2vtec
05-17-2006, 10:01 AM
what colors are those on the deck and the wires coming out of the car?

2.2vtec
05-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by freakin
If it's a factory deck, then there's no wiring involved, it uses the same harness. I just plugged my in and was ready to go. This sounds like a dumb question, but did you try turning it on? Mine just flashed the anti-theft when it's off, but as soon as I held in the power button for the first time, it turned on and asked me for the code.

Try putting the old one back in and making sure that works....If it does, then it's safe to say that the factory wiring is fine and that the deck is likely not working (do they lock themselves after multiple attempts with the wrong code?). I have a couple of factory Honda CD decks that you can try out if you like. One is the 98-99+ black square style and the other is the older white rectangular style. The code I was given for the older one doesn't work, but you could use it to troubleshoot.

PM me if you want to try one of them.

Well my after markets stereo got stolen so they messed up the harness, I was basically trying to just hook it up straight wire to wire with no harness.

freakin
05-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Was the original harness cut off? I'm guessing you didn't use a jumper harness for the stolen deck then?

If you let me know the year and model, I'll look up the wiring diagram for you. I'm not sure if the colors change over the years.

2.2vtec
05-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by freakin
Was the original harness cut off? I'm guessing you didn't use a jumper harness for the stolen deck then?

PM'ed

2.2vtec
05-17-2006, 11:51 AM
I tried googling and didnt find anything yet...i'm trying to put it in a 95 prelude so if anyone has an online wiring legend please post.

Spawn
05-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Check out http://www.the12volt.com/

1995 Honda Prelude Stereo Information

Constant 12V+ Blue/White
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red
Ground Black
Illumination Red/Black
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Right Rear
Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) Blue/Green