PDA

View Full Version : Slamcity Jam: August 25-27

Seanith
05-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Anyone else excited about this?

With more than 100 of the world’s top professional skaters pulling off extraordinary moves in an intimate setting, Slam City Jam is the North American Skateboard Championships and part of the World Cup of Skateboarding, with more than $100,000 USD up for grabs in prize money.

Slamcity Jam (http://www.slamcityjam.com/)

I'm glad this is coming to Calgary. Its a huge skateboarding event. I just wish it came when i was younger and still skated. Either way though it will be an awesome time. Anyone else going?

freakin
05-17-2006, 04:21 PM
:eek: damn that's more expensive than I thought....I might still go though. Too bad Metro Jam isn't comming to Calgary.....then again, I'd have no reason to road trip to Vancouver every summer if that happened.

Does this mean that they're not going to have one in Vancouver anymore? That's actually really good news to me. Generally Metro and Slam City are a week apart so the city gets pretty crowded.

2002civic
05-17-2006, 04:32 PM
nope they moved here from vancouver as calgary is the number one market of skateboard equiptment in Canada

freakin
05-17-2006, 04:36 PM
You think someone at city hall would clue in to that and start building new parks. Millinnium is a joke and way too small for the amount of people that use it. If you go to Vancouver, the bigger suburbs have their own parks. Hell, even Edmonton has a setup like that. Hopefully events like this will help address that issue. It's not like there's a shortage of money in this city to pay for it. :clap:

Seanith
05-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by freakin
:eek: damn that's more expensive than I thought....

Its not too bad if you consider its for 3 days worth of events. Compared to something like the Warped tour its pretty decent. I think i might get a bronze pass.