PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Calgarian cheering for the Oilers?

Pages : [1] 2

DeathBy240
05-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread isn't meant to flame/rub it on or anything. I knwo LOTS of Edmontonians cheered for Calgary in 2003, I am just interested to see if you guys are cheering for the last Canadian team or if you are maintaining the rivalry.

I admit, I was cheering for Calgary in '03, but thats because I wanted the Canadian team whose fans really cared to win.

No flame wars please!

cityhunter2501
05-17-2006, 05:05 PM
tbh I'm cheering for the Ducks since they were the ones that beat the Flames.
but I wouldn't mind for Oilers to win

HuMz
05-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Im a calgarian (born here and live here now), but I grew up watching edmonton for 14 year's therefore the oilers are my team

QuasarCav
05-17-2006, 05:24 PM
I spent a while up in Edmonton so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm a fairweather fan anyway so it's not like I'm having an inner conflict.

asuth077
05-17-2006, 05:28 PM
I am not for or against now. I am apathetic. My team is out so while I still enjoy watching the games I just don't care.

calgarys_finest
05-17-2006, 05:30 PM
edmontonian living in calgary cheering for the mighty oil

rage2
05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Sharks in 7 :rofl:

finboy
05-17-2006, 05:54 PM
i'm cheering for the flames on the golf course, fuck hockey anyways, too cold :rofl:

Kirbs17
05-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Hellz nah. I dont even care that they're the last canadian team standing.

2002civic
05-17-2006, 06:02 PM
go sharks, if they cant do it then go ducks

l8braker
05-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Cheering for them only because they're the last Canadian team. I was born in Edmonton and hate that place with a passion, but want to see them take it!!! Plus, a good old fashioned riot is always fun to watch and Oiler fans are stupid enough to pull it off.

Aleks
05-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Rivarly all the way. I don't care if they are the last Canadian team on the Planet. Can't cheer for the rivals.

Ana vs Buf final

Hakkola
05-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I used to cheer for the oil but not this year. I like Toskala a lot, and Selanne, so I want ducks or sharks to take the cup.

Carolina has a pretty entertaining team too so I wouldn't mind seeing them win.

88CRX
05-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Fuck the Greaser!

Go __________ (anyone but the Nucks, Oilers or Leafs)!

R!zz0
05-17-2006, 07:13 PM
I can't stand the site of Oilers. They're doing exactly what calgary was doing 2 years ago i.e red mile and cheering outside rexall place and chanting "Go fla..Oilers go" Just like flames fans use to do.

I would do anything to see them out (Well not anything ;) )
Let's go Sharks Let's go and kick those oilers ass.

Oh yeah, I can't stand Roloson...He's very cocky now and he thinks he's #1 in the NHL

Kobe
05-17-2006, 07:21 PM
I hope sharks win :D

If they win the cup, I will my random hockey pool :D

kaput
05-17-2006, 07:21 PM

LuxCars
05-17-2006, 07:33 PM
i would like to see them win only because they are from alberta. But the bad thing about them winning is that they wiill be compared to the flames of last year but they'll say that the oilers actually made it and won the cup.

88CRX
05-17-2006, 07:45 PM
I hope the Oils come within 1 goal of winning it only to loose :thumbsup:

Xtrema
05-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Edmonton all the way!!!! (just because they are the only Canadian team left)

And no ducks, it'll just revive Emilio Estervaz's career for more lame hockey movies.

Hakkola
05-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Edmonton all the way!!!! (just because they are the only Canadian team left)

And no ducks, it'll just revive Emilio Estervaz's career for more lame hockey movies.

Disney doesn't own the ducks anymore. Next year they're no longer the mighty ducks, just the ducks.

2002civic
05-17-2006, 08:50 PM
go ducks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USED
05-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
I can't stand the site of Oilers. They're doing exactly what calgary was doing 2 years ago i.e red mile and cheering outside rexall place and chanting "Go fla..Oilers go" Just like flames fans use to do.

Because flames fans were the first ones to cheer outside their arena as well as chant "GO ____ GO"

RIIIGGHT:drama:

Ajay
05-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Can't stand the Oilers but after the Flames got knocked out I was hoping Ottawa would go all the way. Since they aren't there (to be expected cause they enjoy choking in the playoffs) I find myself cheering for the Oilers deep down but I CANNOT vocalize it.

I think it'll be Oilers/Sabres in the Cup but the Oil will fall to the Sabres....would like to see the Cup back in Canada but who knows what'll happen.

rbau493
05-17-2006, 09:02 PM
I can't stand the site of Oilers. They're doing exactly what calgary was doing 2 years ago i.e cheering outside rexall place and chanting "Go fla..Oilers go" Just like flames fans use to do.

Originally posted by USED

Because flames fans were the first ones to cheer outside their arena as well as chant "GO ____ GO"

RIIIGGHT:drama:

No kidding, thats the stupidest thing I have read in a long long time.

:rolleyes:

rony_espana
05-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by asuth077
I am not for or against now. I am apathetic. My team is out so while I still enjoy watching the games I just don't care.

:werd:

Although I think the most dangerous team in the west right now is anaheim

gp36912
05-17-2006, 09:08 PM
eh, w/e whoever wins wins, as long as its good hockey its all good.

5.9 R/T
05-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Flames were the first to have celebrations on the streets.
Flames were the first to have a 'go *insert team name here* go' chant
Flames were the first Canadian team to win the western confernce final
Flames were the first to use a 'plane' to travel between cities
Flames were the first to use the 'trap'
Flames were the first to invent the wheel...

:rolleyes:

al-ti2d
05-17-2006, 09:14 PM
i'm voting for anaheim to win.. the team that beat us deserves to win the whole damn thing lol

ZEDGE
05-17-2006, 09:17 PM
I am rooting for the Oilers.. I have always liked watching them play... not a big fan but I dont really like any of the other teams left. :dunno:

Although I think the Buffalo/Carolina series will be more exciting..

The Ducks are boring to watch..

l8braker
05-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Kind of funny how the conversation still steers towards Calgary and the Flames. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

R!zz0
05-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Enjoy the ride Oilers fans, you will NOT see this next season.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Ghand/twitch.gif

5.9 R/T
05-17-2006, 09:58 PM

Similar to the flames this year you mean? :dunno:

l8braker
05-17-2006, 09:58 PM

Read the 1st post, no flaming! :(

R!zz0
05-17-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm not flaming it's the truth...Same thing with calgary...I don't know when we will see that again (I hope soon tho)
But it was a good ride while it lasted for calgary anyway. G'luck on the series and it would be nice to see an Alberta team take it.

civicrider187
05-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Jealousy will get you nowhere ladies.

GO ROLIE!!!!!:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

2002civic
05-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by civicrider187
Jealousy will get you nowhere ladies.

GO ROLIE!!!!!:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:
jealousy? you still have to win one more series just to make it as far as Calgary did the previous season:rolleyes:

Nissanaddict
05-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Hell I'll cheer for the Oilers. I don't believe that any team that fought for the South in the civil war even DESERVES a hockey team. What a joke. They don't even get natural ice there. Fuck the ducks. As for CAR/BUF? Go Buffalo. Once again...Carolina....hockey...HAH!

civicrider187
05-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic

jealousy? you still have to win one more series just to make it as far as Calgary did the previous season:rolleyes:

Oh thats right, when they went that far just to choke in the last game:thumbsup:

Anyhoo, I'd love to stay and argue with you girls but I gotta go celebrate in the CITY OF CHAMPIONS:D

C4S
05-17-2006, 11:36 PM

And how many more series/Games the Flames needs to win, in order to get close to the Oilers' club sucess? :rofl:

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I was cheering for the flames 2 yrs ago, they did a great job, and hard working...

So, this yr, the Oilers did some great job, and hard working too, and this yr Detriot and SJ are better teams then 2 yrs ago as well ..

Go Oilers GO !

dkny_stylez
05-17-2006, 11:56 PM
fuck the flames!!!! And fuck you bandwagon bitches!

Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!

R!zz0
05-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by C4S

this yr Detriot and SJ are better teams then 2 yrs ago as well ..

I think you're wrong. 2 Years ago detroit and SJ was a younger team full of energy and confidents. They're old NOW (especially Detroit) They can't skate like they did before.

rbau493
05-18-2006, 12:13 AM

I think you're wrong. 2 Years ago detroit and SJ was a younger team full of energy and confidents. They're old NOW (especially Detroit) They can't skate like they did before.

Ya thats why Detroit had the best record in the NHL this year right?!?!?!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HuMz
05-18-2006, 12:15 AM
not too mention the shark's picked up one of the best player's in the league who had a bigger impact halfway through the season then any other player in the league....both team's are very good, ill leave it at that

5.9 R/T
05-18-2006, 12:16 AM

I would trade all of our stanley cups to make it as far as the flames did last season... (notice the plural 'cups') :rolleyes:

bspot
05-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Fuck the Greaser!

Go __________ (anyone but the Nucks, Oilers or Leafs)!

This guy knows his hockey! :thumbsup:

l8braker
05-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by civicrider187

Oh thats right, when they went that far just to choke in the last game:thumbsup:

Anyhoo, I'd love to stay and argue with you girls but I gotta go celebrate in the CITY OF CHAMPIONS:D

You want to know whats funny? For someone who talks all the smack you do, out of all of your posts you have made on beyond, 7 are in the Sports section and 6 of them we're made only recently when they started their advance... You have to be the biggest bandwagoner fool on here.

GO OIL

bball2
05-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Go Oilers!

meh, not nearly as excited as I was with the Flames, but I do hope a Canadian team brings home the cup

tapout
05-18-2006, 01:43 AM
well give those greaser credit they play there fuckin hearts out.i want ryan smith to hoist the cup up befor he has no face left.i love my flames but bring the cup back to canada.

HybridTheory
05-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Lets put it this way...go ducks

1BADSTI
05-18-2006, 04:12 AM
I hate oilers.... Go Ducks Go

heavyD
05-18-2006, 07:42 AM
I can give the Oilers credit for winning a couple of series but could never cheer for them to win. Flames were one crossbar away from eliminating the Ducks so it will be interesting to see how the Oilers stack up against them.

Clem
05-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Flames were one crossbar away from eliminating the Ducks......

Don't blame the crossbar or posts la Ron Wilson. Blame the guy who shot the puck and missed :poosie:

heavyD
05-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Clem

Don't blame the crossbar or posts la Ron Wilson. Blame the guy who shot the puck and missed :poosie:

Not blaming the crossbar, just stating that the Flames/Ducks series was extremely close. The Ducks/Avs series was over after the drop of the puck in game one. We'll see how the Oilers measure up.

Clem
05-18-2006, 08:03 AM
It's a catch-22. Oilers are riding their momentum and the Ducks are well rested.

It'll be a good series for sure.

5.9 R/T
05-18-2006, 08:30 AM
I can give the Oilers credit for winning a couple of series but could never cheer for them to win. Flames were one crossbar away from eliminating the Ducks so it will be interesting to see how the Oilers stack up against them.

And they were a crossbar away from completely missing the net. Coulda woulda shoulda. It was not a crossbar that did the flames in, it was the flames. And the series wasn't as close as you make it sound, the ducks controlled the flames for most of the series, even if they didn't win the game.

ZEDGE
05-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Nice to see the arrogance of Oilers fans hasnt wavered.

joyridder
05-18-2006, 09:06 AM
All I have to say is GOOD for Edmonton, Good for Alberta, good for Canada...we need to finally take it back from those yankee bastards!!;)

Despair*
05-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by joyridder
All I have to say is GOOD for Edmonton, Good for Alberta, good for Canada...we need to finally take it back from those yankee bastards!!;)

Exactly what I've been thinking all along! :thumbsup:

Aleks
05-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
fuck the flames!!!! And fuck you bandwagon bitches!

Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!

Same to you.

Fuck the Greasers

Go Duckies

Dave P
05-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Im cheering for the oil. But i live in edm.

I want them to win so i can party though.

GO FLAMES GO

calgarygts
05-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Go Oilers Go!!!! To all the flamers fans, why are you still talking smack, your team is done!!! You talk about us living in the past, why do you keep bringing up 04?

heavyD
05-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by calgarygts
Go Oilers Go!!!! To all the flamers fans, why are you still talking smack, your team is done!!! You talk about us living in the past, why do you keep bringing up 04?

Who's talking smack? The Oilers won two rounds. Rub it in Flames fans faces when they win the cup. Until then :zzz: :zzz:

heavyD
05-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

And they were a crossbar away from completely missing the net. Coulda woulda shoulda. It was not a crossbar that did the flames in, it was the flames. And the series wasn't as close as you make it sound, the ducks controlled the flames for most of the series, even if they didn't win the game.

That's right. The Ducks controlled the series with the exception of two games and the Flames still took them to seven despite not playing thier best hockey. The four game sweep over the Avs was one of the more dominating performances in the playoffs this year shutting out the 3rd highest scoring team in the league 2 out of 4 games. Don't plan the parades yet as you don't even get a banner for losing in the 3rd round.:rolleyes:

silva27
05-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I'm rooting for the Oilers to win:clap:

soupey
05-18-2006, 09:56 AM
its not that i dont like the Oilers or like the idea of the cup coming back to Canada...i would just rather cheer for a team that was good enough to figure calgary out and elliminate us in the first series, kudo's to them for doin that, if they're elliminated by the oilers next series, then ill be cheering for the oilers...

and fuck all u people going on about bandwagoners, every fan starts off as a bandwagoner, there woudl be no fans otherwise. that and the oilers are having a good run but almost everything they do reminds me of the flames last run 2 yrs ago, they're seriously pounding the other team, but i dont think they oilers can keep playing at the intensity they play at b4 suffering from injuries + fatigue...kinda like how the flames died out in game 7 of the finals last time....

but whatever, ill cheer for whoevers winning, and if that makes me a bandwagoner. fine.

calgarygts
05-18-2006, 10:10 AM

Who's talking smack? The Oilers won two rounds. Rub it in Flames fans faces when they win the cup. Until then :zzz: :zzz:

hahahahahaha, maybe I'll rub it in your faces now because oilers are in the conference finals and calgary was out first round. How about that?
You keep saying nobody will remember who won the first and second round this year, well guess what - I will and so will every other oiler fan posting here.

eb0i
05-18-2006, 10:15 AM
I love cheering for the underdog in almost every sport and this year the Oilers are just that...the underdogs. I love watching the luck and determination that comes from and underdog team. This was the Flames in 03 and it made it so much fun to watch and now it is the same with the Oil...So Go Oil Go!!!!

CrvenaZvezda
05-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I couldnt, its against my religion... :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

heavyD
05-18-2006, 11:09 AM
I will and so will every other oiler fan posting here.

Okay then..........but I won't. If that's your Stanley Cup good for you I guess.:dunno:

88CRX
05-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Three more reasons to not chear for the Oilers....

hahahahahaha, maybe I'll rub it in your faces now because oilers are in the conference finals and calgary was out first round. How about that?
You keep saying nobody will remember who won the first and second round this year, well guess what - I will and so will every other oiler fan posting here.

Maybe if Oiler fans were such stuck up idiots I wouldnt mind chearing for them. Like HeavyD said.... when you wing the cup come talk to me. Nobody gives a shit who make it the conferene final. Like I said before I really hope Edmonton come within one goal of winning the cup only to loose. That would almost be better then the Flames winning it :rofl:

Go Ducks Go! :thumbsup:

h_s
05-18-2006, 12:24 PM
id like to see the oilers do good but well never hear the end of it from them, go ducks go,

i wonder how the flames are doing on the golf courses right now

Clem
05-18-2006, 12:43 PM

Maybe if Oiler fans were such stuck up idiots I wouldnt mind chearing for them.

Firstly I will say that I jumped on the Flames bandwagon during their 04 cup run. I'm a born and raised Oiler fan and I was happy that an ALBERTAN team let alone a Canadian team was in the Finals.

Secondly grow up and stop generalizing Oiles fans based on the comments of a FEW individuals.

Thridly you say "...Oiler fans were such stuck up idiots..." Look at the pot calling the kettle black. You don't think some of your own Flames fans weren't acting the same way in 04?

Just be happy there's a Canadian team LEFT to make a run for the cup and not worry about cheering for a team just because you're sore about the comments from a few individuals.

GO CANADA GO!!!!

heavyD
05-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Clem
Secondly grow up and stop generalizing Oiles fans based on the comments of a FEW individuals.

That is true I have talked to quite a few Oiler fans that have carried themselves with class and aren't rubbing it in as they know all too well what it feels like to be on the other side of the fence. I still won't cheer for the Oilers though. I was cheering for Buffalo over Ottawa as I like the Sabers team better and that franchise has never won a cup and is the most deserving of all the teams left IMO. I watch American movies, TV, have an American car & computer, I like the USA. I cheer North America.:thumbsup:

88CRX
05-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Dont be getting all upset just cause I refuse to cheer for 'your team'.

HuMz
05-18-2006, 01:09 PM

Maybe if Oiler fans were such stuck up idiots I wouldnt mind chearing for them. Like HeavyD said.... when you wing the cup come talk to me. Nobody gives a shit who make it the conferene final. Like I said before I really hope Edmonton come within one goal of winning the cup only to loose. That would almost be better then the Flames winning it :rofl:

Biggest Hypocrite out of anyone here...

LOL read your post's from the flame's thread to any edmonton thread..............whenever the oiler's came up the only word's out of your mouth were fuck the greaser's, they suck, no chance, etc....

Clem
05-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Dont be getting all upset just cause I refuse to cheer for 'your team'.

You totally missed the whole point of my reply but that's ok.

SOAB
05-18-2006, 01:28 PM
i don't understand how a true Flames fan can cheer for our hated rivals :confused: this is not a Canada vs. USA thing, this is a city vs. city thing. as a Flames fan, i cannot cheer for the oilers. i would feel like such a traitor and a "bandwagonner"... :thumbsdow

with that said, GO DUCKS GO!!!

doanashk
05-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Go Oilers Go FTW!

All you unpatriotic, self serving, disgruntled, non hockey loving, egotistical, american-loving dum dums......... please change your minds. he he. Even though the Oilers aren't the flames, would you seriously want the cup to stay down in the states despite the fact that Canadians invented the darn game? Canadians love the game like no other country and the American teams keep stealing our players, turning the game into a franchise full of corrupt big shots, and confusing the game with so many behind the scenes deals. Thus,cheapening the entire sport!

So, no the Oilers aren't my favorite, and yes they are the Flames rivals but for goodness sakes they are Canadian and that's reason enough for me.

GO Oilers Go FTW!!

:clap:

5.9 R/T
05-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE
Nice to see the arrogance of Oilers fans hasnt wavered.

That's right. The Ducks controlled the series with the exception of two games and the Flames still took them to seven despite not playing thier best hockey. The four game sweep over the Avs was one of the more dominating performances in the playoffs this year shutting out the 3rd highest scoring team in the league 2 out of 4 games. Don't plan the parades yet as you don't even get a banner for losing in the 3rd round.:rolleyes:

First off, I'm not sure how pointing out that a series can't be lost because a puck hit the crossbar instead of going in the net shows arrogance. It is a 7 GAME SERIES people, wake up. The ducks played flames style hockey and beat them at their own game, my analysis of that series is true, if you can't handle it and want to believe in conspiracy theories or blame it on 1 missed goal instead that’s your problem not mine.

Second off I'm not planning any parades, I didn't think the oil would make it past the wings or the sharks, and I think they are in for a very tough conference final. But I am going to give the advantage to the oil in this series, as the ducks have had it pretty easy so far with two teams essentially rolling over for them, I don't think the oil will do that but one can never tell. IF they make it past the ducks I think it will be a short series as I don't think the oil have enough to beat out either Carolina or especially Buffalo.

And last but not least it's a rivalry, to use a cliché 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen'. Oilers are still in it, flames aren’t, and flames fans are egging it on. Don't believe me, re-read this thread and figure out who starts the trash talking. If you want to come back and still say Edmonton fans are arrogant pricks then maybe you need your eyes checked, both sides stick up for their team, otherwise the BOA wouldn't be entertaining.

PS: When you win 4 more cups come talk to me. :thumbsup:

rony_espana
05-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
i don't understand how a true Flames fan can cheer for our hated rivals :confused: this is not a Canada vs. USA thing, this is a city vs. city thing. as a Flames fan, i cannot cheer for the oilers. i would feel like such a traitor and a "bandwagonner"... :thumbsdow

:werd:

heavyD
05-18-2006, 04:07 PM
PS: When you win 4 more cups come talk to me. :thumbsup:

So in other words if everyone lived in the past like you you wouldn't be able to talk to Leaf & Habs fans.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You know the Oilers will lose when Oiler fans start getting confident and pounding their chests. Ducks in six.:thumbsup:

Aleks
05-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by doanashk
Go Oilers Go FTW!

All you unpatriotic, self serving, disgruntled, non hockey loving, egotistical, american-loving dum dums......... please change your minds. he he. Even though the Oilers aren't the flames, would you seriously want the cup to stay down in the states despite the fact that Canadians invented the darn game? Canadians love the game like no other country and the American teams keep stealing our players, turning the game into a franchise full of corrupt big shots, and confusing the game with so many behind the scenes deals. Thus,cheapening the entire sport!

So, no the Oilers aren't my favorite, and yes they are the Flames rivals but for goodness sakes they are Canadian and that's reason enough for me.

GO Oilers Go FTW!!

Canadians by no means invented hockey! They made it what it is today but they did not Invent it.
I will change my mind about this when you stop using ALL products that either come from USA or are made there. ;)

dubber1985
05-18-2006, 05:10 PM

So in other words if everyone lived in the past like you you wouldn't be able to talk to Leaf & Habs fans.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You know the Oilers will lose when Oiler fans start getting confident and pounding their chests. Ducks in six.:thumbsup:

LOL! I thats exactly what happened to your beloved Flames...1 time miracle run.

Go take a Heavy Dump and give your head a shake.

5.9 R/T
05-18-2006, 05:23 PM

Funny, why didn't you quote everything I wrote?

THANK YOU FOR THAT PREDICTION! You have been ass backwards the entire playoff run and you just sealed it for the oilers. Remember when I compared you to maggie the monkey? I feel I owe maggie an apoligy for that comparison, should've known better, flames fan and all...

IF they make it past the ducks I think it will be a short series as I don't think the oil have enough to beat out either Carolina or especially Buffalo.

Ohhhhh, thats why you didn't quote everything I wrote. :thumbsup:

rbau493
05-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Canadians by no means invented hockey! They made it what it is today but they did not Invent it.
I will change my mind about this when you stop using ALL products that either come from USA or are made there. ;)

Actually you are wrong. Look it up. :thumbsup:

There were similar games to hockey (Hurley) which started in Europe. But ice hockey and the rules were invented in Canada.

Aleks
05-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by rbau493

Actually you are wrong. Look it up. :thumbsup:

There were similar games to hockey (Hurley) which started in Europe. But ice hockey and the rules were invented in Canada.

HAHA nice Edit. Guess you looked it up hey. Who did you say invented it Pierre Lapin??

The game was played in europe long before canada was a nation. Native americans played a form of it before white man. The game in its current form and rules was established in Quebec. You probably believe it was Italians that invented pasta right? :dunno:

rbau493
05-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

HAHA nice Edit. Guess you looked it up hey.

The game was played in europe long before canada was a nation. Native americans played a form of it before white man. The game in its current form and rules was established in Quebec. You probably believe it was Italians that invented pasta right? :dunno:

There was nothing wrong with the edit I did, I tried to explain it better.

Yes a SIMILAR game was played else where, but ice hockey was invented here.

Yes I said Pierre Lapin he is arguably the guy who thought of skates (bayonets) to keep from falling on ice and a stick to help him stabalize himself. The stick is in the Toronto Hockey Hall of Fame.

heavyD
05-18-2006, 06:52 PM

Funny, why didn't you quote everything I wrote?

THANK YOU FOR THAT PREDICTION! You have been ass backwards the entire playoff run and you just sealed it for the oilers. Remember when I compared you to maggie the monkey? I feel I owe maggie an apoligy for that comparison, should've known better, flames fan and all...

Ohhhhh, thats why you didn't quote everything I wrote. :thumbsup:

Yap Yap Yap. Keep talking Oiler fans. Win something in the present, something more than a couple of rounds and come talk to me.:thumbsup:

BTW: Please no more reminiscing about the past thanks. I'm not big into history.

Pihsiak
05-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Admist the mud flinging, but did anyone ever notice, 04 playoffs worst thing to happen on Red mile was some cop got pushed over and got a concussion, and I saw some kid climb up a light poll.

Whyte Ave from what I've heard, riot police, beer bottle throwing, ppl climbing across the power lines (how does that work?) and of course the stabbing.... :thumbsdow

Calgary is really tame, another international example, In other countries when they have a G8 summit, mass distruction and rioting... Calgary?
Some Greenpeace guy gets kicked in the nuts :thumbsup:

cman
05-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Go Oilers now...

As for all you Oilers fans talking smack about the Flames, if you lose to the Ducks in less than 7 games you didn't really do as well as the Flames IMO;)

Nissanaddict
05-19-2006, 01:53 PM
This is true. You will not hear the end if you lose this series in 4-6 games. If you win, only then will you gain the right to trash talk us. That said, let's go Oilers (only for now)

abyss
05-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Go Oilers!!! I don't really know if they're going to have the stamina left to beat the Ducks....but go Oilers anyways!!! Although I really hope they do win so I can rub it in Minh's face that my team most definately is better than his team. :clap:

Seanith
05-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Although I want to cheer on a canadian team, I'm still undecided whether or not I would like the oilers to win the cup. We would never hear the end of it if they did. I'm cheering for them right now, but if they get to the stanley cup finals :dunno:

rony_espana
05-19-2006, 02:45 PM
:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

stevieo
05-19-2006, 04:39 PM
as much as i want 'canadian' teams to win, its hard to cheer on edmonton, vancouver and toronto. haha

i can't see my self cheering for the oilers though, but good luck to them in the playoffs, at least they didn't choke like the flames :(

Steve-O 00
05-27-2006, 10:37 PM
HEY CRAZY IDEA JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE:D :thumbsup:

Foz
05-28-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm born and raised here... but I cheer for the best..

95EagleAWD
05-28-2006, 12:56 AM

Yap Yap Yap. Keep talking Oiler fans. Win something in the present, something more than a couple of rounds and come talk to me.:thumbsup:

Hey, what's up? Have you heard the Oilers made it to the finals? Something in the present? What have the Flames done in 15 years?

I'm not big into history.

You're watching it.

Oil in 6. Against whoever comes out of the East.

b_t
05-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by SOAB

this is TOTALLY a canada vs. USA thing

...and that's why I'm cheering for Buffalo!