PDA

View Full Version : Cable internet/Cable tv spliter

downtime
05-17-2006, 05:26 PM
I have heard that if you get cable internet you can buy a filter/spliter and get cable tv form your internet connection?Anyone used or know of this?

asuth077
05-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Technically any cable outlet which carries the internet is also activated for telivision (usually basic cable but ocasionally full).

There are spliters available but in most cases I believe it does affect your internet speed.

cityhunter2501
05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
yes, you can.

we have in the basement the cable going into a spliiter, one goes to the modem, other one to the tv tuner.

i checked the spliiter, and both output says 3.5dB, so seems like both end are the same

frostyda9
05-17-2006, 07:31 PM
You probably shouldn't debate this here, as it's wrong.
Even though it's possible, I wouldn't try it.
So, in closing...you are a bad person and should be ashamed.

knowimsayin? ;)

Das_Amaretto
05-17-2006, 08:17 PM
LOL

what a dumb thread

you CANNOT get tv with your internet. If you order ONLY internet, a special filter is placed on your line that allows only internet signals to pass through, and blocks all other channels. You can get only channel 14.

If you do happen to get tv with your internet, it is because the installer screwed up, or he was out of the specific filter and you luck out and get basic cable with it.

BTW, the filter is not user removable.

Thaco
05-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Das_Amaretto
LOL

what a dumb thread

you CANNOT get tv with your internet. If you order ONLY internet, a special filter is placed on your line that allows only internet signals to pass through, and blocks all other channels. You can get only channel 14.

If you do happen to get tv with your internet, it is because the installer screwed up, or he was out of the specific filter and you luck out and get basic cable with it.

everythign on a cable line is user replacable, all it takes is a pair of wire cutters and a crimper :D

nonsane
05-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Das_Amaretto

Anything is removable if you're motivated.

Even if it was in the circuitry, someone would go in there and develop a way around it.

benyl
05-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Stealing cable is wrong.