PDA

View Full Version : is there a Calgary Audi community?

05-18-2006, 11:58 AM
I have some very specific questions I'd like to address to Calgary Audiphiles regarding Cdn. and US bumpers on Audi TT's.
Anybody know of any local Audi experts I could contact?

Mitsu3000gt
05-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Go to www.audiworld.com on the forums there. I get ALL my information there, there is a huge amount of traffic from people who seem to know everything. They have yet to let me down, even with my Canadian questions. Lots of people on there are Canadian and lots of the Americans know the Canadian spec. stuff too somehow.

Mark

05-18-2006, 02:01 PM
OK,
I have posted on that forum. Just waiting for some replies.
Was hoping there might be some very knowledgeable Audiphiles here in Calgary I could contact directly as there is some urgency to the info I'm searching.

swiftcrx
05-18-2006, 02:10 PM
have you tried checking out concept1 they deal with vw's and audi stuff give them a shout
www.concept1.ca
all the info like store hours location and phone numbers are on the site

R-Audi
05-18-2006, 05:11 PM
There is a local Audi club.. but its easiest to get a hold of them through the Cdn Forum on Audiworld..
It shouldnt matter whether they are local or not if dealing with bumper...

And C1 is a good place for parts... but I really wouldnt go there for much more Audi related..

05-18-2006, 05:53 PM
ok,
thanks guys. I'll try them. It would help if I'm dealing with Calgary people if they offer me a good cost solution for my compliance issues, then I can just deal with them here as opposed to getting a good price elsewhere but not being able to access them easily.

But all info is helpful right now as I'm trying to decide if this venture is economically worthwhile. I hope it is as I quite like this US TT coupe, I'm considering importing.

R-Audi
05-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Saw your post on AW.. if you feel like being shady.. find someone with the same color and switch the bumers for the inspection!

05-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Saw your post on AW.. if you feel like being shady.. find someone with the same color and switch the bumers for the inspection!

heh, heh,
problem is the colour. Denim blue is a bit rare and actually appeals to me for that reason.
I'm discussing swapping with a fellow in Vancouver who would like the US bumpers rather than his Cdn. ones.
We're examining a few issues and trying to find a cheap transport method to ship both bumpers between Vancouver and Calgary. Greyhound seems to be the price winner at the moment.

I am sure the liklihood of finding anyone in Calgary with a denim blue TT that would be willing to exchange bumpers for a day and then have them put back would be zero unless I was offering them a lot of money and that would kind of defeat the whole purpose as the cost of removing and replacing the bumpers is significant.

- GT Style -
05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 749009

I'm discussing swapping with a fellow in Vancouver who would like the US bumpers rather than his Cdn. ones.
We're examining a few issues and trying to find a cheap transport method to ship both bumpers between Vancouver and Calgary. Greyhound seems to be the price winner at the moment.

Come to the Audi meet this Saturdayhttp://audi.meetup.com/1/events/4908418/ . Swap parts & meet other Audi owners.

Also, there's the HUGE PacNW Audi meet June 24th in Burien, WA http://www.audiexpo.com/