PDA

View Full Version : speaker install

goat_killer
05-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey i'm gonna install some speakers this weekend, does anyone know how the side pannels on a 2dr Blazer come off? Do I just pull em off? And are there any recomendations for location of the amp?

MudCrawler
05-18-2006, 09:18 PM
found on mp3car.com...

First off in the front doors there are 2 hex screws in-layed under the door handle part, and one screw behind the door latch on cover plate. Just pop the cover plate off after the screw is removed, and the other 2 hex screws. Then take a long flat blade screw driver and pry between the plastic door panel and the metal car door until the clips all pop out all around. Then remove the control assembly piece in the door by pulling up the front side first (closest to dash) and then back side, then tilt it and put it through the hole it was mounted in. Then push up on the door to get the lip off the top out of it's seat, and remove the panel piece completely.

Back doors are same process, except the door handle mounting screw are under a little piece of plastic about 1/2"X 3" in the handle depression which you can pop off with a falt blade screw driver. Then take off the door latch cover plate and screw like before. Then remove the frame pieces around the window by simply prying off the one farthest from the hinge, and unscrewing the one closest to the hinge. And lift upward and then out on the door. The window up/down switch also will have to be removed. Just put a flat blade screw driver under and edge of it and pry upward. Then remove the black connector that fit onto the bottom of that switch. Then remove the door panel.

And for the amp location, under the back bench, or on the back of the rear bench seat would be my selection in that vehicle.