PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Road Trip Time...

davidI
05-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Well, my camping plans for this weekend fell through so now myself and a couple other buddies are going to try and make it to Vegas and back before work Tuesday morning.

We're going to leave at around 2 or 3am (Saturday Morning) and aim to be back by midnight on Monday.

I figure it will be a solid 18-20 hour drive each way...leaving us approximately 30 hours to sleep and party.

Crazy? Yes. Awesome? Hopefully.

There will be pictures upon our return!

ecstasy_civic
05-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by davidI
Well, my camping plans for this weekend fell through so now myself and a couple other buddies are going to try and make it to Vegas and back before work Tuesday morning.

We're going to leave at around 2 or 3am (Saturday Morning) and aim to be back by midnight on Monday.

I figure it will be a solid 18-20 hour drive each way...leaving us approximately 30 hours to sleep and party.

Crazy? Yes. Awesome? Hopefully.

There will be pictures upon our return!

wow....

I did something similar a few years ago with my buddy, it sucks man lol you just hurt when your done.

props though and have fun:bigpimp:

joyridder
05-19-2006, 08:58 PM
^^no kidding, have a blast and safe driving!:thumbsup:

davidI
05-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

wow....

I did something similar a few years ago with my buddy, it sucks man lol you just hurt when your done.

props though and have fun:bigpimp:

haha, thanks!

We already decided that if the driving gets too painful or we're just sick of it we'll find a party in freakin' montana if we have to! Should be a good story for the office on Tuesday though. :thumbsup:

Mckenzie
05-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Haha nice David. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll be jealous as I'm hanging out in Edmonton for the weekend..... :barf:

Enjoy!

Tech2
05-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Go for it!

Stephen81
05-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Haha, a party in Montana? After several hours of driving through Montana you'll suddenly realize that you're STILL in Montana :zzz: Seriously though, straight shot down I-15 is a tight drive and you'll love going through the canyons between the Utah and Nevada border. I've done the drive before without stopping and Vegas is definately worth it:thumbsup: Have fun!

Weapon_R
05-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Have fun! Last summer I went from here to Michigan and back in 8 days so i'm sure you'll be fine from here to Vegas.

JAYMEZ
05-20-2006, 04:11 AM
Have fun driving dude , its an awesome drive ! Take tons of pics ! :thumbsup:

davidI
05-23-2006, 03:38 AM
The 4400km adventure is done!!! Hopefully I will have some decent pics after uploading. The guys I was with hadn't been to Vegas before so we rushed around seeing everything. I was more into hanging poolside and checking out the fake tatas and g-strings but either way, I didn't take as many good pictures as I would have liked. THere should be some gems though!

tapout
05-23-2006, 04:05 AM
you must be burned out:nut:

/////AMG
05-23-2006, 04:11 AM
Nice, cant wait for the pics!

shakalaka
05-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Wow nice...me, my brother and his friend did something like this last year around June! We never stopped anywhere and we drove for like 23 hours pretty much straight (stopping for gas and food) and we took turns driving! Damn it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be specially when my driving turn came up! I kept on dozing off on the damn wheel and went over those things that make noice if you drive over them a couple times! But it was good crack I guess, specially when we switched drivers and my shirt was all wet because I kept on throwing all the water on my face time to time! We took a rented truck, so we bagged the shit outta it! Can't wait for the pics man! Should bring back some memories!

Impreza
05-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Sounds amazing, something I want to do in the future!

TrevorK
05-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Wow nice...me, my brother and his friend did something like this last year around June! We never stopped anywhere and we drove for like 23 hours pretty much straight (stopping for gas and food) and we took turns driving! Damn it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be specially when my driving turn came up! I kept on dozing off on the damn wheel and went over those things that make noice if you drive over them a couple times! But it was good crack I guess, specially when we switched drivers and my shirt was all wet because I kept on throwing all the water on my face time to time! We took a rented truck, so we bagged the shit outta it! Can't wait for the pics man! Should bring back some memories!

How much does it cost to rent a vehicle to cross into the US with?

All the standard agreements seem to start that you can't leave the province with this....

canadian_hustla
05-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK

How much does it cost to rent a vehicle to cross into the US with?

All the standard agreements seem to start that you can't leave the province with this....

not too sure how much it costs, it definately will vary. But we rented a grand marquis from budget and drove it to vegas (about 4 years ago).

I would say ballpark approx 600$ for a few days