PDA

View Full Version : Good setup for daily driver

djayz
05-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Closing in on 200k on my 97 civic sedan and the shocks and springs are starting to creek and getting a little soft for my liking so im looking at purchasing the eibach pro kit along with KYB AGX Adjustible shocks or might just go with the eibach pro dampers.

just wondering what would be a good match up with the eibach pro kit or if theres other springs out there that would work for me what they are.

I dont want to go too low as i carry alot of weight in the back at times and im worried its going to rub so max 1.5" in the back is good...front can go pretty close to two. I like the eibach pro kit for that reason cuz its 1.5F and 1.3R.

The car is a daily driver so ride quality should try to stay fairly close to stock so nothing too tight. Main thing im worried about is wheel rub in the back when i load up the car because i carry close to 350-500lbs at times and with stock springs/shocks i cant get a finger in between the wheel well and tire which is scary hah.

Anyways please let me know what would be a good match up. or if the eibach prokit and KYB AGX Adjustibles are a good match up.

Thanks guys

max_boost
05-21-2006, 04:21 PM
I've had the Eibach Pro Kit on my RSX for almost two years now and it's still holding up really well on the stock shocks. Eibach springs are perfect for what they are. It should be a good setup with the KYB's since those are fairly affordable. Or depending on price, give the Tokico's some consideration as well.

djayz
05-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Been doing a little research last few days and
found some H&R sport springs...front drop is 1.75 and back is 1.5 which would work good
anybody have H&R springs?...if so what shocks you got them matched with?

max_boost
05-22-2006, 05:09 AM
On a budget, Koni Reds.
Willing to spend more, Koni Yellows.

djayz
05-22-2006, 06:17 AM
hmm koni reds seem to be pricier than the eibach pro dampers and the kybs.

im thinking of just going with the kyb g2...so far they are the cheapest i found plus im only looking for something basic
i dont need the adjustable shocks cuz i dont know what the adjusting will be needed for.

so another question..anybody have H&R Sport springs with KYB G2 Shocks/struts?

GTS Jeff
05-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I've had the Eibach Pro Kit on my RSX for almost two years now and it's still holding up really well on the stock shocks. Eibach springs are perfect for what they are. It should be a good setup with the KYB's since those are fairly affordable. Or depending on price, give the Tokico's some consideration as well.

You definitely do not want to match springs and shocks by their price, you should be matching spring stiffness to shock damping. In this case, AGXs are far too aggressive in compression for softie Eibach springs. You said yourself that Eibachs mate well with OEM shocks...well with that in mind, the proper shocks are something softer in compression, such as Tokico HPs, Koni Red or Yellow...

GTS Jeff
05-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by djayz
hmm koni reds seem to be pricier than the eibach pro dampers and the kybs.

im thinking of just going with the kyb g2...so far they are the cheapest i found plus im only looking for something basic
i dont need the adjustable shocks cuz i dont know what the adjusting will be needed for.

so another question..anybody have H&R Sport springs with KYB G2 Shocks/struts? Don't do GR2s. They are a shoddy OEM replacement at best. I don't have personal experience, but I have rode in a couple cars with them - not great.

Adjustable shocks allow you to tune damping force to match the spring. Unfortunately, AGXs are stiff as hell no matter how you adjust them, so I doubt they'd work well with Eibachs even at their softest settings.

You should start comparing spring rates between the various springs you're researching. Try to find out the spring rates of the stock springs too.

djayz
05-22-2006, 08:43 PM
hmm...after reading reviews and doing a ton of research the eibach prokit seems to be the best for the price and handling etc.

i really like the H&R sport springs because they go down just a little bit more 1.7 front and 1.5 in the rear which is exactly what i want...but i cant seem to find much info on them as to what shocks to match them up with

if i went with the eibach pro kit i would just go with the eibach pro dampers as they seem to match up the best

Weapon_R
05-22-2006, 09:00 PM
I ran Koni reds and Eibach pros for about a year on my old civic and they worked very well together. Great ride but the pro doesn't lower it very much.

dooman24
05-22-2006, 09:07 PM
I have KYB AGX and H&R sport spring on my 95 civic.
i like them! i drive every day to.
lol
i never tried other springs so i have nothing to compair them with. But yea i got nothing to complain about.

djayz
05-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I ran Koni reds and Eibach pros for about a year on my old civic and they worked very well together. Great ride but the pro doesn't lower it very much.

thats why im kinding leaning towards the H&R sport springs they go a little lower than the eibach pros and they are exactly how low i was to lower the car.

anyone know where i can find the spring rates for these springs?
the manufacturers sites are very helpful for that kind of stuff which is weird..also want to know what the spring rate is on the shock springs.

GTS Jeff
05-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by djayz

thats why im kinding leaning towards the H&R sport springs they go a little lower than the eibach pros and they are exactly how low i was to lower the car.

anyone know where i can find the spring rates for these springs?
the manufacturers sites are very helpful for that kind of stuff which is weird..also want to know what the spring rate is on the shock springs. I googled it for you...

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136020

djayz
06-11-2006, 07:30 AM
k im stumped

i want to get the h&r sport springs but now im reading so many different opinions on which shock is better

im leaning towards the tokico illuminas but ive read that if you lower the car more than 1.5inches the warranty is void if they blow

my question is are they going to blow??

also ive read that bilstein heavy duty shocks are awesome but ive read elsewhere that they provide to much damping and will pretty much eliminate the lowering of the springs if they are fairly soft.

im confused so im going to put another question in...basically give me the answer

I want to lower the car 1.5" in the back maximum...so therefore ive gone with the H&R sport springs because i think they will give me the right amount of lowering and the spring rate should hold up with heavy loads in the back.

Now do i go with kyb agxs, tokico illuminas, tokico non adjustables, koni yellows, or bilstein heavy dutys.

im on a budget here so factoring out the cost of the springs which will probably be $250 im only looking to spend $300-350 on shocks.

So what should i get and why?

djayz
06-11-2006, 07:34 AM
or should i just spend $750 or so dollars and go with a coilover setup?

and which one would be good...damn it too many choices

djayz
06-20-2006, 05:24 AM
bump...can anyone help?

djayz
06-26-2006, 05:52 PM
bump please read last few posts if your confused on what im asking. Thanks