PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Not Working

WWJAI
05-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Aight so a couple days ago, for some apparent reason my front driver side speaker and tweeter both didn't work when I first started the car. The previous night before that, I turned the car off with the speaker functioning properly so I'm thinking that the speaker and tweeter arn't blown. Their Alpine Type R components and I've only checked around the amp to make sure the rcas are plugged in the amp properly (nothing else). The amp is not in protection mode so I assume there isn't a short circuit anywhere. Anybody have any suggestions of what could possibly be my problem. Its frustrating not having sound coming from my side while driving.

Thanks.

carter_prelude
05-21-2006, 12:15 PM
maybe the wires on the back of it are loose? this happend to me in my old car...pain in the ass, i had to pull off the door pannel to get behind the speaker. I'd check that first then check if it works on any other sides of the car.

WWJAI
05-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude
maybe the wires on the back of it are loose? this happend to me in my old car...pain in the ass, i had to pull off the door pannel to get behind the speaker. I'd check that first then check if it works on any other sides of the car.

I was thinking it could possibly be that..but if it was just from the wire from the speaker, then I don't see why the tweeter isn't working at least. Could it be the amp wires connecting to the crossover?

carter_prelude
05-21-2006, 12:29 PM
check them and see. But i'd take a look behind still.

WWJAI
05-25-2006, 05:59 PM
All fixed. It did end up being that the wire connection to the crossover ended up being a bad connection. So good to have the speaker working again and hearing the tweeters..:D