PDA

View Full Version : Best place for aftermarket BMW parts

yeerj
05-21-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm looking to do some upgrades on my e36. A couple of the things I would like to do is replace the muffler/exhaust and get new wheels.

Where is a good place in Calgary to get aftermarket parts for BMW's?

dj_rice
05-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Tunerworks :thumbsup:

///|ndy
05-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Tunerworks :thumbsup:

:werd:

gp36912
05-21-2006, 07:48 PM
^^^ yup

d.maczko
05-21-2006, 08:07 PM
do they carry any e30 parts?

gp36912
05-21-2006, 08:54 PM
^^^^ phone them, they may be able to get some, or email them, thats always better

Clanche
05-22-2006, 10:59 AM
If you are looking for wheels I suggest you look for a used set first. Lots and lots of people pay way too much for a nice set and decide to sell them soon after. If there isnt any scratches on them why take the initial $ hit? :dunno:

For your exhaust system try figuring out what brand you want first. Then look on forums like www.bimmerforums.com and see where most people are getting it from. There are some very reputable US stores that do group buys and sell for alot less than the local guys. Even with duty fees and taxes you can sometime save enough money to pay for the install.

I don't want to start another tunerworks pricing thread, but its your hard earned money dude. You should atleast make sure you are getting the most value out of it.

Weapon_R
05-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Bimmerforums is a great source for parts and accessories. A lot of times the prices are really good, and they have a few sponsors as mentioned that do a great job for Canadian buyers.

Try and stay away from Umnitza, they have been absolutely horrible for the members on that site and Canadians in general. Also check out our local sponsors as they have great service and prices on items that you don't have to wait for, especially during one of their yearly sales.

AllGoNoShow
05-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Online +1
Speedtech - Go see Tien or Will +3

gp36912
05-22-2006, 12:12 PM
^^^ yes speedtech could help too, i completely forgot about those guys lol

qmf
05-22-2006, 01:39 PM
AutoDream is good aswell. Beat the price quotes Tunerworks has given me so far :thumbsup:

BigBadVlad
05-24-2006, 09:17 PM
E-mailed Tunerworks to inquire about a front spoiler for an E30, I don't remember exactly when, sometime between Friday and Monday. I think Friday, but I'm not certain. It's been at least 2 or 3 days I'm pretty sure and I have had no reply at all. Either they're too busy or aren't interested in my business. Either way you make your own conclusions...

www.bmpdesign.com has been good to me on a couple small orders.

gp36912
05-25-2006, 12:14 AM
^^^??? really? when i emailed them i had gotten a reply within minutes

AllGoNoShow
05-25-2006, 12:16 AM

Tuner1
05-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by BigBadVlad
E-mailed Tunerworks to inquire about a front spoiler for an E30, I don't remember exactly when, sometime between Friday and Monday. I think Friday, but I'm not certain. It's been at least 2 or 3 days I'm pretty sure and I have had no reply at all. Either they're too busy or aren't interested in my business. Either way you make your own conclusions...

We are very busy and not all emails get answered the same day however I don't have any requests for E30 front spoilers in my inbox from the past week. If you can please resend the inquiry I will get you some info right away.

Rob

j0nblayz
05-25-2006, 11:14 AM
i have dealt with tunerworks for most of my stuff, exhaust, intakes all lighting and they have given me the best price. I haven't been there for over a year, and i stopped by to get some rotors and pads, once again gave me great service. Dealt with andy (kaos) and he was more then helpful. I email him for quotes and usually gets back to me within an hour, can't beat that service. As usual its always cheaper to buy on the net, but if you want the parts right away, i recommend tunerworks.

BigBadVlad
05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
I sent the my inquiry to [email protected] , is this not the right e-mail address to use? It's just what is on Tunerworks.com and I figure it's the common mailbox. I indicated that I didn't exactly expect Tunerworks would have anything in stock but thought I would ask because you never know and would hate to buy something else only to find out later on if I had asked someone over here or there they perhaps had something better, cheaper, closer, whatever...

I will send another message later then. I didn't ask for it priority, but I figure a couple days for some kind of response saying something one way or another is reasonable. Thanks though, I'll have to send another e-mail, I used webmail first time so I don't have a copy of the original message.

Tuner1
05-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by BigBadVlad
I sent the my inquiry to [email protected] , is this not the right e-mail address to use? ...

I will send another message later then...

That is the correct address, not sure why I didn't see it -- maybe human error with the X button :nut: ? -- but please send me a messsage and I'll see what I can find for you.

I love E30s and my familiy has owned six of them over the years so I've been though all sorts of parts and modifications with these things!

Thanks,

Rob

Elliot
05-29-2006, 05:29 PM
I must say, I have bought everything for my car (locally) from TW

I talk to bobby, he has good customer service, and I like the fact that the store stays open till 5, not 4:50, or 4:55...

:thumbsup:

RotaryDrifter
05-29-2006, 06:05 PM
ebay:thumbsup:

Elliot
05-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by RotaryDrifter
ebay:thumbsup:

never

RotaryDrifter
05-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Elliot

never

:rolleyes:

if you can read an have experience how NOT to get scammed on ebay, its the best way. great prices an fit excellent ;)

Elliot
05-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by RotaryDrifter

:rolleyes:

if you can read an have experience how NOT to get scammed on ebay, its the best way. great prices an fit excellent ;)

very true, very true - I have bought genuine BMW parts off ebay for cheaper than the dealer.

Some parts - well....

VWEvo
05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Stick to the US forums, you can find amazing deals from the US. Even with the duties, brokerage fees, etc.. I'm finding things cheaper

Tried to deal with Tunerworks, weren't much help to me at all
Twice tried to talk about wheels was told they would call me back never got called. Both times it was a guy who sounded sick and kept talking to someone in the back while he talked to me (very annoying)

Tried phoning again, this time guy was much more friendly but his quotes were so vague. ie. Wanted a quote on H&R sport springs for 2006 330i. He quoted me "300-400 ish." My quote from Creative Autowerks in the US $225 US shipped (fedex) so only $7 brokerage fee

I'm just gettin started on my e90, pretty dissappointed that tunerworks has been of no help to me.

Sucks since I modded all my VW's from local shops!!!