PDA

View Full Version : Track insurance.

88CRX
05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey, anyone on the site have insurance coverage for track days or autocross events? Or know if its even possible to get?

sidejam
05-22-2006, 12:09 AM
I didn't think that was available. I've never heard of it anyways. If it was available, I imagine it'd be really expensive...

Zero102
05-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I recall hearing about it once, but it was just stupidly expensive (~$2000/event) for one car, so I stopped looking.

Sometimes your insurance plan will cover educational events, such as where an instructor is present, and there is no timing taking place. This gives some people a bit of a loophole for things like lapping days.

Thaco
05-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Most insurance policies are useless once you drive on to the race track property.

RedBull
05-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Certain Driving Schools provide full insurance coverage due to their ongoing records of success and instuctor in car learning. The AADS (Alberta Advanced Driving School) put on by the SABMW club is fully insured as of last time I heard. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn the limits of their car and doing so in a safe environment. Check out the website,

http://www.nabmwclub.ca/aads.asp

This is my first year instructing of the school, (having completed it 4 times previously) and I highly recommend it. Jaymez attended in his STI and will hopefully return someday in his Supra!

-RedBull

topmade
05-22-2006, 12:05 PM
I thought if you crash your car at a race course the insurance company won't pay for it?? :dunno: And I would also imagine this type of insurance would be stupid expensive.

88CRX
05-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by topmade
I thought if you crash your car at a race course the insurance company won't pay for it?? :dunno:

Hence why I was asking lol... I've heard of it before so it is possible, i think :dunno:

ryder_23
05-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by RedBull
Certain Driving Schools provide full insurance coverage due to their ongoing records of success and instuctor in car learning. The AADS (Alberta Advanced Driving School) put on by the SABMW club is fully insured as of last time I heard. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn the limits of their car and doing so in a safe environment. Check out the website,

No, its your own insurance. They have nothing to do with covering your car, other then you car can be insurable. If that means getting special coverage, then maybe. Check with your insurance company, b/c it might require special coverage, who knows.

Proper insurance coverage for your vehicle is your responsibility. If in doubt, verify with your insurer beforehand that you have the appropriate level of coverage in effect.

Neither the instructor nor the School carry insurance on your vehicle ... the only coverage is under your existing policy.

RedBull
05-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Whoops.... what I meant to say is that your existing policy is still viable in the event that you crash at the school. Whereas most policies are void as soon as you enter a track facility.

-RedBull

ryder_23
05-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by RedBull
Whoops.... what I meant to say is that your existing policy is still viable in the event that you crash at the school. Whereas most policies are void as soon as you enter a track facility.

-RedBull

Well they even say check with your insurance...just cause you have collision, doesnt mean your insurance will be covered.