PDA

View Full Version : $20us from Paypal for trying an Ebay service

4DoorGTZ
05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I saw this earlier today on a large forum with its own Hotdeals section, they linked it from slickdeals.com Basicaly I tried this new ebay service, and got $20us deposited to my paypal account a few hours later. This service calls you on your cell phone when one of your watched auctions is about to end, you can then bid from your phone.

Yes there are referals, if you want to be nice PM me and I can send you a referall and maybe split the referal bonus with ya

From SD:
What to do exactly:
1. Go to http://www.unwiredbuyer.com and on the right fill out the registration. Use the same email as your paypal email when you sign up, because that is where they will send the money.
2. Find an auction that is close to being done and add it to your watch list. Since I only wanted the $20 and did not want to acutally buy anything, I found a car auction that was 5 minutes from being over with a price that seemed to be way below reserve price
3. Go to your Unwiredbuyer account and click on "Update Auctions," this should refresh your page and display the item that you just added to your watch list. Make sure "Call Me" is checked on the item.
4. Wait for a call from unwiredbuyer. My call came within a minute of me clicking "Update Auctions," there was only about 4 minutes left when they called me
5. The voice will tell you what auction it's calling about, how much time is left and what the bid is it right now. Then it will give you an option of placing the lowest possible bid, which is what I did. I did win the auction, but the reserve was not met, which is good,
6. You will get an email from [email protected] confirming that you have used their service and now can get your $20. Follow the link in the email, to confirm.
7. You're done! The money was in my PayPal within minutes of me clicking the confirmation link.

You DON'T have to win the auction to get the 20 bucks. The service will call you when the auction has like 3 mins left, so pick an auction that is about to end soon with a reserve you know you can't meet if you don't want to wait for something you actually want.

And afterwards, you can change all your info if you are paranoid, like me.

*** I bid $12000 on a new Vette, needless to say reserve not met, and I used their service so I got the $20 credit. You have to place a bid to qualify for the $20. Some people are bidding on $0.01 items as well, or cheap things their buying anyways. Just thought some might be interested in free money.

Mods if you disaprove of this go ahead and delete it.

GQBalla
05-22-2006, 07:08 PM
sounds sketchy....20 dollers for doin nothing..your probably goint o get lot of annoying calls from sales people

motion
05-22-2006, 07:16 PM
wow I can't believe they are still offering this.

I did this like 2 months ago and it worked just fine. they pay you for using their service.

just do like 4doorGTZ said, bid on something that hasn't hit the reserve price (make sure it won't, bid on like a $15 000 ferrari). unwiredbuyer will call you 3 mins before the auction end, place a small bid or two with them, loose, and they send you money.

I haven't had any weird calls or anything like that since I did this, so maybe they don't sell/use your phone number :dunno:

natejj
06-03-2006, 10:32 PM
I see a 25,000 dollar vette that i know i wont win.... but what if my bid of 100 dollars over the starting price wins me the vette? I dont pay, i get negative feedback..... lol

AllGoNoShow
06-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Thats why you bid on somethign that you will be out bid on...

Did this service myself, referred a buddy on the couch beside me, we both got the money :), already bought some new chrome door lock pins and still got money left over :)

For the amount of time it takes, why not.

natejj
06-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Yep, i did it, it works, get 2 referrals going as well!

turbotrip
06-06-2006, 03:20 PM
is it still working? cuz yesterday night i signed up and bid on some car through that phone service, lost the auction and havent recieved any email from them about no money?

4DoorGTZ
06-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by natejj
Yep, i did it, it works, get 2 referrals going as well!

Nice to see the one who started this thread hasnt got any referals yet...... <sigh>