PDA

View Full Version : Time to put snow tires back on ???

fast95pony
04-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Had no problems this morning , but.....

Forcasting 10-15 cms of the white stuff tonight.. :banghead:

I really don't want to drag the tires out of the basement and fart around in the driveway with a jack when I get home...:thumbsdow

Stupid weather !:guns:

hjr
04-02-2003, 02:21 PM
it'll be gone by next week. - thats my prediction anyways..

sexualbanana
04-02-2003, 02:53 PM
there's always one last dump of snow in the spring.

i put mine on this morning. good excuse to miss class :D

rsxrsx
04-02-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
Had no problems this morning , but.....

Forcasting 10-15 cms of the white stuff tonight.. :banghead:

I really don't want to drag the tires out of the basement and fart around in the driveway with a jack when I get home...:thumbsdow

Stupid weather !:guns:

Yeah, this morning it was more wet then snow, I had no problems driving. However, the dump tonight is going to be more then my summers can handle...hopefully it melts fast...if not, back to the winters...I sure hope that this dump is going to be the last for the year...we've had a preety cold winter, i can use some +30 days to cheer me up, lol, guess we'll just have to wait an see....

CRX crazy
04-02-2003, 04:56 PM
ya i'm screwed i put my rims back on last thursday, and now my car isn't going anywhere :thumbsdow

red RX-7
04-02-2003, 05:40 PM
i put my summer tires on about 3 weeks ago. i plan on going to a parking lot tonight and spining around for a bit.

REFLUX
04-02-2003, 07:20 PM
i dont understand why ppl put their summer tires/rims back on so early
unless you've only lived in alberta for less than 5 years...you SHOULD know that we almost always get 1 dump in spring

hopefully this is IT

max_boost
04-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Yah because winter tires get eaten up in the warm weather! I mean it was +15 last week!

I'll be cruising my winter beater for the next few days or a week, however long it takes the snow to disappear

FiveFreshFish
04-02-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by REFLUX
i dont understand why ppl put their summer tires/rims back on so early
unless you've only lived in alberta for less than 5 years...you SHOULD know that we almost always get 1 dump in spring

hopefully this is IT

I hope so too, but we'll likely see another big dump before summer. We had two big snowstorms in May last year.

I keep my winters on at least until the end of April.

girlRACER
04-03-2003, 01:53 AM
I still haven't hadn't taken my winter tires off but I'm just curious for when the snow melts, what is a good and cheap place to put my factory all-seasons back on?? I've been told it costs $100!

HK2NR
04-03-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I still haven't hadn't taken my winter tires off but I'm just curious for when the snow melts, what is a good and cheap place to put my factory all-seasons back on?? I've been told it costs $100!

WHAT! i thought it was like 10 bux or less per wheel

Weapon_R
04-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR

WHAT! i thought it was like 10 bux or less per wheel

If a benz came in to my shop, i'd be charging $100 too :rofl:

It's about 10 dollars a tire, unless you're planning on removing the rubber off of your winter tires and putting it on the summer tire, that is about double.

HK2NR
04-03-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

If a benz came in to my shop, i'd be charging $100 too :rofl:

hahaha true true:rofl:

fast95pony
04-03-2003, 07:18 AM
I was too tired last night to put the snows back on . The low profile Conti summer tires made for an interesting drive...

now we need some sun...

98type_r
04-03-2003, 11:06 AM
never took my winters off, was gonna do it last sunday but now i'm glad that i didn't.

audio1der
04-03-2003, 01:11 PM
I was FUKED this morning on the way to work.
Summer-only low-pros and snow do not mix at all.
Thank God it's melting now.

sml
04-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

Just pay me a 6 pack of beer... and a bag od maltes... :drool: